Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"

Go down 
+2
Frethead
Matty35
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" Empty
PostSubject: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:55 am

Classic Rock Revisited's Jeb Wright and Jesse Lee recently spoke with Winger/Whitesnake guitarist Reb Beach for the "Decades Of Distortion" show on the Arkansas City, Kansas radio station KACY 102.5 FM.

When asked about the comparisons between his playing and that of Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett, Beach said, "I don't know the guy [Kirk], but I think he's one of the worst guitar players I've ever heard in my life. I've never heard a solo from that guy that was any good. . . This guy is out of tune, and his vibration... what is it? Vibrato. Oh my god. It sounds like a beginner."

He continued, "Back in the '80s, he was always voted best guitar player, and I'm like, 'What?! That guy is terrible.' I hate to say that because I might meet him one day.

What's he play in? Megadeth? Metallica? Is he in Metallica? Oh, then I have no problem doing that because in their biggest video, 'Nothing Else Matters,' when they threw darts at a poster of Kip Winger, and then they showed it live — 20,000 people every night laughing at Winger — I don't mind saying that Kirk Hammett sucks.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:33 am

Matty35 wrote:
Classic Rock Revisited's Jeb Wright and Jesse Lee recently spoke with Winger/Whitesnake guitarist Reb Beach for the "Decades Of Distortion" show on the Arkansas City, Kansas radio station KACY 102.5 FM.

When asked about the comparisons between his playing and that of Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett, Beach said, "I don't know the guy [Kirk], but I think he's one of the worst guitar players I've ever heard in my life. I've never heard a solo from that guy that was any good. . . This guy is out of tune, and his vibration... what is it? Vibrato. Oh my god. It sounds like a beginner."

He continued, "Back in the '80s, he was always voted best guitar player, and I'm like, 'What?! That guy is terrible.' I hate to say that because I might meet him one day.

What's he play in? Megadeth? Metallica? Is he in Metallica? Oh, then I have no problem doing that because in their biggest video, 'Nothing Else Matters,' when they threw darts at a poster of Kip Winger, and then they showed it live — 20,000 people every night laughing at Winger — I don't mind saying that Kirk Hammett sucks.

Hey Dookie, looky heeya what it says ol' Reb states about ol' Kirk. "This guy is out of tune . . . sounds like a beginner," "That guy is terrible," " What's he play in?" " Kirk Hammett sucks," LMFBO! Sheeit. Ah been sayin' 'at fer dawg yeeyahs. By the way, and once again . . . Metallica sucks - - hard.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:24 am

Fargle!

Sounds like Mr Beach is a wee bit bitter no matter how true his statement may be!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 am

lol.....Speak your mind Reb!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Continuing with ONE OF THE WORST GUITAR PLAYERS I'VE EVER HEARD

A paragraph on the absolute contradiction to Randy Rhoads and Jake E. Lee.

So, I've given it a chance and I've watched probably every other video which exists on Youtube of this guy Zakk Wylde, and the conclusion I've come to is that he has no control over the noise which proceeds forth from his guitar, and he just really can't play guitar. He's terrible. I don't mean anything personal, as he may be an alright kind-of guy. I get the stage thing, too, but, he obviously sacrifices playablity when he's standing there trying to do something that looks cool and play something cleanly, and it ends up sounding like total crap. I listen to him, and his licks are basically the standard second or third week guitar lesson material. Not one to to favor hot licks entirely over rhythm chops, his rhythms are sloppy shit, too. He plays shit, and his playing is crap.

Ofcourse, the presumption would be that he should take much more care to perform his "solo" material just right, but, Black Label Society "music" is not deserving of top-notch performance. It's really just a bunch of boneheaded noise which would be suitable only as entertainment for the modern day cult of Clovus people, and when he's not striking some sort-of Viking's Heroic Pause for Death scene or the as yet titled Bedrock Shifting Flatulence Stance for Yoga enthusiasts, all that he's really doing is standing there with his ass pointed at the audience. I mean, come on, let's face it . . . not the kind of treatment I would pay for. Therefore, I must assume that his perspective on all that shitty noise is that he's actually creating something worthwhile, something which is a delight to listen to; though, certainly not clean. Guess that's his business. But, damn, I'm satisfied that I haven't bought any Ozzy shit since Jake E. split.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Viking's heroic pause for death!!!1 Rotfl!!!! Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" 36_1_19

So he's not your favorite?

Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" Sig
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 am

Frethead wrote:
Continuing with ONE OF THE WORST GUITAR PLAYERS I'VE EVER HEARD

A paragraph on the absolute contradiction to Randy Rhoads and Jake E. Lee.

So, I've given it a chance and I've watched probably every other video which exists on Youtube of this guy Zakk Wylde, and the conclusion I've come to is that he has no control over the noise which proceeds forth from his guitar, and he just really can't play guitar. He's terrible. I don't mean anything personal, as he may be an alright kind-of guy. I get the stage thing, too, but, he obviously sacrifices playablity when he's standing there trying to do something that looks cool and play something cleanly, and it ends up sounding like total crap. I listen to him, and his licks are basically the standard second or third week guitar lesson material. Not one to to favor hot licks entirely over rhythm chops, his rhythms are sloppy shit, too. He plays shit, and his playing is crap.

Ofcourse, the presumption would be that he should take much more care to perform his "solo" material just right, but, Black Label Society "music" is not deserving of top-notch performance. It's really just a bunch of boneheaded noise which would be suitable only as entertainment for the modern day cult of Clovus people, and when he's not striking some sort-of Viking's Heroic Pause for Death scene or the as yet titled Bedrock Shifting Flatulence Stance for Yoga enthusiasts, all that he's really doing is standing there with his ass pointed at the audience. I mean, come on, let's face it . . . not the kind of treatment I would pay for. Therefore, I must assume that his perspective on all that shitty noise is that he's actually creating something worthwhile, something which is a delight to listen to; though, certainly not clean. Guess that's his business. But, damn, I'm satisfied that I haven't bought any Ozzy shit since Jake E. split.

I quite like Zakk... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:43 am

I have to agree with Rob on Zakk and Kirk.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 am

laxcdn wrote:
I have to agree with Rob on Zakk and Kirk.

That was something that I really expected gettin' crap for, but, thanks.

Tommy the Frethead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"   Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reb Beach Says That Kirk Hammett Is "One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard"
Page 1 of 1