Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bret Michaels' Autobiography "Roses And Thorns" Expected To Bloom In 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Bret Michaels' Autobiography "Roses And Thorns" Expected To Bloom In 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Bret Michaels' Autobiography "Roses And Thorns" Expected To Bloom In 2010   Bret Michaels' Autobiography "Roses And Thorns" Expected To Bloom In 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Gary Graff Of Billboard reports:

Having his autobiography, "Roses and Thorns: The Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy to My Reality," pushed back into 2010 by publisher Simon & Schuster is allowing Poison's Bret Michaels to tell the rest of the story.

The book was originally due out this past June, and while Michael acknowledges "it would've been great to have it out there," he says that the delay "let me talk about the Tonys and the (summer) tour with Def Leppard and Cheap Trick and all the nutty stories I'll have from the summer." Michaels made headlines on June 7th when he fractured his nose at the Tony Awards, colliding with a piece of moving scenery after he performed Poison's "Nothin' But a Good Time" with the cast of "Rock Of Ages."

Michaels now predicts "Roses & Thorns" will be published "probably in April, May of 2010" and will be accompanied by a multi-media retrospective that will include some new songs he's currently writing. Michaels describes the book as "a collection of, like, 1,000 short stories that span one long career. I can't give you ever story, but I don't think you can find me being any more truthful than I am in this book. A lot of autobiographies I read are purely for reaction. I'm really giving you the down and dirty -- what I was thinking, what I was going through, as truthful as I can get."

Michaels is also delving into his past with a VH1 "Behind the Music" episode that premieres Oct. 1st. "The interview we did was great, but I've got no control over how they edit it or anything," says Michaels, who's previously been profiled by A&E and E!. "(VH1) has a lot of stuff from me over the years. I think they're gonna do a damn fine job."

The singer's plate is full for the foreseeable future. Michaels is putting Poison aside through 2010 to focus on his own endeavors, which he says will include a couple of new TV shows that he can't yet talk about -- although he acknowledges that "the next chapter of 'Rock of Love' is coming and...moves a little differently" than its predecessors. The other program, he notes, "is gonna be really risky for me to do and show another side of me...for a really good cause. It's gonna be exciting." Michaels is hoping both projects premiere in the spring.

Poison, meanwhile, is planning to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the group's recording contract in 2011. "I'm really, really looking forward to that," Michaels says. "We'll just go out for a while year and do what we do and have a blast and just make a nice, big world tour out of 2011."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Bret Michaels' Autobiography "Roses And Thorns" Expected To Bloom In 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels' Autobiography "Roses And Thorns" Expected To Bloom In 2010   Bret Michaels' Autobiography "Roses And Thorns" Expected To Bloom In 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:16 am

Play the UK!
Back to top Go down

Bret Michaels' Autobiography "Roses And Thorns" Expected To Bloom In 2010
Page 1 of 1