Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns N Roses announces new guitarist

Go down 
+2
Pete
Matty35
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Guns N Roses announces new guitarist Empty
PostSubject: Guns N Roses announces new guitarist   Guns N Roses announces new guitarist I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:40 am

GUNS N' ROSES is proud to announce that guitarist n' songwriter DJ Ashba has joined the band for an upcoming tour.

Ashba, who officially replaces current NIN guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands SIXX: A.M. and BEAUTIFUL CREATURES.

"DJ 's a gifted, energetic guitarist that Guns N' Roses is proud to have on board!!" exclaims Axl Rose. "We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. Guns' radar has silently been aware of DJ's presence for quite some time! He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem, expanding the tapestry of Guns N' Roses
live. Once DJ's name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

"It's an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of a band that I have always loved and respected," said DJ Ashba. "I'm looking forward to working with Axl, who is not only one of the few great frontmen of our generation, but a true artist."

DJ Ashba co-wrote and co-produced MÖTLEY CRÜE's latest album Saints Of Los Angeles, which garnered a 2008 Grammy nomination for Best Hard Rock Performance, as well as co-wrote and co-produced the Sixx AM album, Heroin Diaries.

Robin continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of Guns' history and his involvement in Chinese Democracy.

Now, one step closer to the abyss, Ashba joins a band who's all time roster is nearly as long as it's founder Axl Rose's rap sheet!
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses announces new guitarist   Guns N Roses announces new guitarist I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Matty35 wrote:
GUNS N' ROSES is proud to announce that guitarist n' songwriter DJ Ashba has joined the band for an upcoming tour.

Ashba, who officially replaces current NIN guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands SIXX: A.M. and BEAUTIFUL CREATURES.

"DJ 's a gifted, energetic guitarist that Guns N' Roses is proud to have on board!!" exclaims Axl Rose. "We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. Guns' radar has silently been aware of DJ's presence for quite some time! He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem, expanding the tapestry of Guns N' Roses

"It's an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of a band that I have always loved and respected," said DJ Ashba. "I'm looking forward to working with Axl, who is not only one of the few great frontmen of our generation, but a true artist."

DJ Ashba co-wrote and co-produced MÖTLEY CRÜE's latest album Saints Of Los Angeles, which garnered a 2008 Grammy nomination for Best Hard Rock Performance, as well as co-wrote and co-produced the Sixx AM album, Heroin Diaries.

Robin continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of Guns' history and his involvement in Chinese Democracy.

Now, one step closer to the abyss, Ashba joins a band who's all time roster is nearly as long as it's founder Axl Rose's rap sheet!

Who fooking cares? Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses announces new guitarist   Guns N Roses announces new guitarist I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Oh Wow !! This is the news I would have never thought possible !!! GNR have a new member ! That's such an unusual occurrence that it's taken me completely by surprize !! Who would have guessed it, and I thought that the line up was so stable !! It's going to take me a long time time get used to this news. I'm going to have to go to that dark room and contemplate what's happened, it really has turned my world upside down !!!!!! No No No

I think that's enough sarcasm for today, don't you !!! Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses announces new guitarist   Guns N Roses announces new guitarist I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:02 pm

What he said. ^^
Back to top Go down
Rock

Rock

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses announces new guitarist   Guns N Roses announces new guitarist I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:49 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Who fooking cares? Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

HAHAHAHA I fkn love your outlook mate, I am still laughing at that reply.......lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses announces new guitarist   Guns N Roses announces new guitarist I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:56 am

Im affraid the whole Axl & Guns thing is "gay!" Suspect

I remember back in the day they were the hottest band around, everybody wore their shirts, played their albums, watched their video's, Slash was voted best guitarist & all that, but now Shocked ...There's a couple of tune's on the new album that are cool but the rest of it is "gash!" bad boy

I just can't take them seriously anymore, & here we are again, another line up change Rolling Eyes Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses announces new guitarist   Guns N Roses announces new guitarist I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:59 am

Matty35 wrote:
Im affraid the whole Axl & Guns thing is "gay!" Suspect

I remember back in the day they were the hottest band around, everybody wore their shirts, played their albums, watched their video's, Slash was voted best guitarist & all that. There's a couple of tune's on the new album that are cool but the rest of it is "gash!" bad boy

I just can't take them seriously anymore, & here we are again, another line up change Rolling Eyes Sleep

Appetite for Destruction (along with Hysteria and Kiss Crazy Nights) was my most played tape (remember them???) of 1988.

Shame they went so shite. I haven't listened to TCD for a while. Might give it a spin again now actually (Although the call of Master of Puppets is getting louder by the minute!)...

Axl is a flawed genius I guess...
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses announces new guitarist   Guns N Roses announces new guitarist I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:27 pm

DJ Ashba shreds, and I like the guy alot, but I sure didn't see this coming! All I can say is I wish him the best!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns N Roses announces new guitarist   Guns N Roses announces new guitarist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns N Roses announces new guitarist
Page 1 of 1