Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fans of Randy Rhoads

Go down 
+10
chuck1223
Pete
Jennifer
kokeakola
Matty35
RAZOR777
budgolf
RFFB
'Scope
Chrissy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Fans of Randy Rhoads Empty
PostSubject: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Don't know how many of you are big fans of Randy's. A few of you who know me from other boards know that his sister Cathy is my next door neighbor. There is a tribute movie coming out hopefully in Sept and it just debuted at Sundace last weekend. It has gottin really good reviews. Michael Angelo Batio is performing two songs in this tribute and I missed meeting him! MAB is so good don't know how many of your players are fans but damn!

So everyone who is anyone in this film was on my street for the filming of this documentary. They brought Randy's guitars out from the vault and they haven't seen the light of day since he played them. That was a sight! There was an eerie silence as these cases where brought out and there they were...only the family touched them. It was eerie like they opened a tomb or something. Randy's mom is just lovely and the whole family are great. Everyone that has been involved with this from Ozzy on down and especially Rudy Sarzo are class acts in my eyes. To this day their love of Randy is amazing and their respect towards his family is inspiring. Cathy looks so much like her brother its scary! She will be showing us neighbors the whole finished film soon and when I mentioned Matty's site she promised to get me some pre-footage to show you guys.

Was just wondering how many of you are big Rhoads fans?
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Chances are every member of this board is a fan of RR. How could you not be?? You know along w/ Robbin Crosby RR is the only other rocker that Upscope has NEVER heard a bad word about. That is very rare. In this day in age every body bad mouths every body else. You always hear stories from fans about what an azzhole this guy was when they met him or what an azzhole that guy was when they met him. But you NEVER hear any negative comments or press about RR. Obviously a class act & a great player.

That footage would be ACE Chrissy cheer

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:24 pm

'Scope wrote:
Chances are every member of this board is a fan of RR. How could you not be?? You know along w/ Robbin Crosby RR is the only other rocker that Upscope has NEVER heard a bad word about. That is very rare. In this day in age every body bad mouths every body else. You always hear stories from fans about what an azzhole this guy was when they met him or what an azzhole that guy was when they met him. But you NEVER hear any negative comments or press about RR. Obviously a class act & a great player.

That footage would be ACE Chrissy cheer

'Scope
Ain't that the truth. I never met RR but those I know who did said was a humble shy guy. Met RC and he was just a very friendly guy who actually seemed kinda awkward with the attention he was gettin. Both sad losses to world of RnR. RIP, dudes.
Back to top Go down
budgolf

budgolf

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:40 pm

I hadn't heard about the movie.

But I can't wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Wow. That is one awesome story.

I can't wait for this to come out!

Randy was such a talent. I love his work, and I don't know a hard rock/metal guitarist (or wannabe like myself Laughing ) who doesn't cite RR as one of his/her heroes.

Killer that you shared that with us!

B
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:30 am

Im a fan for sure!!

I did hear about this film months ago, but sayin that i had forgotten about it Rolling Eyes ...So looking forward to this film i thinks its gonna rock, theres so much we dont know about the great man.

Excellent post Chrissy.. thums up
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:32 am

Big fan here! Good post, Chrissy. Yeah, Batio is an incredible guitarist. I played a show with him back in the day in Chicago. Talk about being glad to go onstage first! lol!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:36 am

kokeakola wrote:
Big fan here! Good post, Chrissy. Yeah, Batio is an incredible guitarist. I played a show with him back in the day in Chicago. Talk about being glad to go onstage first! lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ...Yeah, he's a bit fast Mark!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked not worthy2 scared1
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:00 am

I forgot to tell you. I have heard some things that Cathy won't let me post yet because they are in the movie but she has tapes of her brother playing in his room back in his youth. All the kids had to learn every instrument and play one well because they had to teach at Musonia. There was no radio that played a lot of good music and no T.V. in the house and Cathy tells me Randy developed his style out of boredoom and a little spite. He overwhelmed all of his teachers and had mastered everything and there was nothing else to do but make up his own style. His brother Kelle(doug) is an amazing musician and you should hear Cathy play. This tiny little red headed woman can rip it apart! I am going to pester her to let us have some great info for this site.
Glad you guys have an ear for it.
By the way have any of you read Rudy's book "Off the Rails?"
Matty I feel a book section comin on......
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:07 am

Chrissy wrote:
I forgot to tell you. I have heard some things that Cathy won't let me post yet because they are in the movie but she has tapes of her brother playing in his room back in his youth. All the kids had to learn every instrument and play one well because they had to teach at Musonia. There was no radio that played a lot of good music and no T.V. in the house and Cathy tells me Randy developed his style out of boredoom and a little spite. He overwhelmed all of his teachers and had mastered everything and there was nothing else to do but make up his own style. His brother Kelle(doug) is an amazing musician and you should hear Cathy play. This tiny little red headed woman can rip it apart! I am going to pester her to let us have some great info for this site.
Glad you guys have an ear for it.
By the way have any of you read Rudy's book "Off the Rails?"
Matty I feel a book section comin on......

Rudy's book is something i keep promising myself, i must get round to it & buy the fuggin thing Rolling Eyes Wink

Thanks for the heads up & everything Chrissy thums up

Matty I feel a book section comin on - go for it girl!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jennifer

Jennifer

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:47 pm

Hey Chrissy, I am a fan as well. Look forward to hearing more about the upcoming movie. Thanks goodness for boredom, because Randy Rhodes definitely developed a most amazing talent!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:19 am

I'd hate to think what Randy would make of the Double O's career these days...

Randy was awesome

Last edited by Pete on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:15 am

Pete wrote:
I'd hate to think what Randy would make of the Double O's career these days...

Raqndy was awesome

Yep, raises a few eyebrows!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : forum lurker

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:41 pm

I am a huge Randy Rhoads fan !!! Seriously....who isn't ??? Here are a few pics !!!
Fans of Randy Rhoads Scan0026
Fans of Randy Rhoads Scan0027
Fans of Randy Rhoads Scan0028
Fans of Randy Rhoads Scan0029
Fans of Randy Rhoads Scan0031
Fans of Randy Rhoads Scan0032
Fans of Randy Rhoads Scan0033
Back to top Go down
http://robbintribute.8forum.info
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:08 pm

Can't imagine what heights this young man's career would have went too??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Back4more

Back4more

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:27 pm

The book is an excellent read. Rudy is on facebook and sometimes posts video clips. I haven't seen any of Randy though.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:44 am

Those pictures of Randy are great.

'Scope. I too have often wondered where Randy's career would've gone (and how it would've affected Ozzy)...
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 am

Wow, awesome shots....Cheers Chucky baby!! thums up
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:40 am

Pete wrote:

'Scope. I too have often wondered where Randy's career would've gone (and how it would've affected Ozzy)...

Do you think he would have stuck w/ Ozzy?? Or eventually branched off on his own??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:44 am

'Scope wrote:
Pete wrote:

Do you think he would have stuck w/ Ozzy?? Or eventually branched off on his own??

'Scope

I think he'd have gone off on his own around 1989, but rejoined Ozzy ten - fifteen years later for a reunion tour and to help Ozzy regain some credibility from the laughing stock he's become today...
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:51 am

Sounds about right Pete. Ozzy really did love the kid though & wouldn't have let him leave that easily. They also would have probably put out another 3-4 albums by that time & all most likely would have been insanely successful. So you never really know just what path the Ozzy/RR trail would have ended UP on.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:54 am

'Scope wrote:
Sounds about right Pete. Ozzy really did love the kid though & wouldn't have let him leave that easily. They also would have probably put out another 3-4 albums by that time & all most likely would have been insanely successful. So you never really know just what path the Ozzy/RR trail would have ended UP on.

'Scope

Yeah, and Sharon wouldn't have had the chance to make Ozzy the clown he is today.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:31 pm

O, yeah, Chrissy! I've got to take this moment to give a big hats off to Randy Rhoads for introducing a raised musicological standard to Rock, and for being an inspiration to uncounted generations of musicians. You have got to love the things Randall did with a guitar, man! I appreciate your post regarding this movie, and whatever information you can gather from your neighbor would be very interesting, as well, Chrissy!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Funny you guys should bring this page back up. I was at Kathy's house today and we had a really fun chat about her brother. I got to see the latest collectable figurine. I thought it was funny...Its amazing what people will collect... There is also a new guitar book coming out or just came out. She had been cleaning out some drawers and had some really cool pictures of Randy..One which was when they were kids when they all played together in a band it was so cute they all had little ties on and everything. The other was in her kitchen in the the late 70's with Randy and his girlfriend Jody.
Her Daughter looks so much like Randy its amazing. The family is getting ready for the memorial coming up on March 19. I am probably going to go and then I'm going to try to go with them later to the Whiskey to see this tribute band called Rhoad to Oz with her and their brother Kelli.

Interesting enough I have been cooresponding with Rudy Sarzo for her through facebook. She is a computor dinosaur and just won't do it. Besides the usual how much the family loves Rudy and how much Rudy loves the family I wanted to share a story I have permission to tell.

As mentioned before Rudy wrote a tribute book called Off the Rails. If you haven't read it you should because it is such a great story and he is so giving with how much personal info he divulged. His love for Randy is so huge! I can see why the family loves him so. Kathy and I were talking about this book and she was telling me how she was givin the very first copy to be sure Delores and the family approved..Of course they loved it. She told me how she has a big meeting coming up this week with Sharon to discuss the movie. I am assuming there are a lot of hurdles to get this movie released with it containing so much of Ozzy obviously. Kathy said she hopes Sharon will cooporate . She also said Sharon was the one reason that Rudy's book never got its just due. And she felt sorry that it couldn't of been released like it was written. She never bad mouthed Sharon but you could see she was not happy about how Rudy was treated.
This sucks so I for one am telling everyone I know to go out and buy this book. Tell your friends to buy this book. I love Rudy for so many reasons. Getting to know him through the family has been an amazing experience. I feel it necessary to support him wherever I can and besides talking about his new show which I showed in another thread "Monster Circus" Please read the book!

I am trying to talk Kathy into going with me to Vegas to see this show. That would be a hoot.....

Any of you in California in March don't forget the big RR memorial in San Bernadino on March 19 sounds sick to say but they are a lot of fun...If you've never been to one they are amazing...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:55 pm

As a side note.....I got to meet Rudy in person the other day, by chance. Rev knows the story so when there is time I'll post it..
Very cool indeed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fans of Randy Rhoads
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next