Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corn Party ( Festival)

Go down 
+2
Chrissy
Frethead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Corn Party ( Festival) Empty
PostSubject: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:58 am

Hey dudes and dudettes,
Coming up on May thirteeith, my family's ooooooold friends Doug and Lois Clark are going to be hosting the local southern traditional Corn Festival or Party. My grandmother was the big hostess for this over a number of years, and since she has passed away, the Clarks have taken over. Numbers are reaching well into hundreds now, but if you can make it . . . stop on in, put a cool drink in your hand ( they've been free for the first couple of hours for a long time. I 'm not sure about this year) , a plate of some good ol' Southern cooked supper, and some freshly boiled corn, brought -in directly from Deland ( FLA). http://www.tavernandchapel.com/
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:50 am

Geez if I was on that end of the US i would so be there! Thanks for passin on the invite!!
Sounds like good times!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:33 am

That would be fine! Chrissy, if I could persuade Doug, I guess we'd just fly on over and pick you up! He has so many planes, he's built a couple hangars at the airport! He even owns one of those waterplanes (?!) , Aquaplanes, Hydroplanes, ehh. If you do a general search using the link that I posted as an address, you ought to get a whole page of sites about all the stuff he owns, has going on . . . Waaaay super cool and interesting guy!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:43 am

Frethead wrote:
That would be fine! Chrissy, if I could persuade Doug, I guess we'd just fly on over and pick you up! He has so many planes, he's built a couple hangars at the airport! He even owns one of those waterplanes (?!) , Aquaplanes, Hydroplanes, ehh. If you do a general search using the link that I posted as an address, you ought to get a whole page of sites about all the stuff he owns, has going on . . . Waaaay super cool and interesting guy!

Tell me when and where!!!!Sounds like you will have lots of thread info for us coming up and hopefully lots of pictures...from now!!!!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:46 am

CHRISSY GOT THE HOOK UP YO!!! cheers

Dang I wish that were in December
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:46 pm

I wish I could be there bro, drunks

Have a swell time fella banana man
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Rock, rock! Rock on! thums up
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:58 am

Now that sounds like my sort of party!!!

Don't fancy starting up a UK annual event too, do you?... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:28 am

RFFB wrote:

Yeah! Neat, huh?! We've been doing this for a long time, now. Last year Doug decided, with the recent completion of his hangars, that in an attempt to control the growing number of people that walk -in right off of "the street," he'd hold the Corn Party at the airport. Alas, with over five hundred officially- invited, the airport share holders didn't share his enthusiasm, even though he's donated enough to the airport to have purchased it. ( Personally, I think they were still miffed over the whole John Travolta "its my 747, I own it, I'm licensed to fly it, and I'll land where I want to" affair. Actually, not exactly the same airport, but it's down there too.) LOL
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:40 am

what nerve,,its my plane and I'll park it right here!
I can barely park my car let alone a plane!
Funny though...with that much money you would think they wouldn't care how many people he invites!
Que Sera
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:44 am

Chrissy wrote:
Funny though...with that much money you would think they wouldn't care how many people he invites!
Que Sera

Isn't John Travolta a Scientologist...? That explains an awful lot right there... affraid
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:46 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Que Sera

Isn't John Travolta a Scientologist...? That explains an awful lot right there... affraid

Yes he is and that is a whole web site right there..Ever since he went through his tragedy Icna't say a word about him anymore.I feel so bad for them!!! Now Tom Cruise--yuck!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:47 am

RFFB wrote:

Hey, I'd love to be a part of putting somethin' like that together, dude! Shit, I'd be THE MAN!!! Though, I'm not so "in the know" about English traditional cuisine. Tea, Pudding ( Surely, that's not what I think it is?), and crumpets? Sorry, I don't know. But, you guys have Sir Richard Branson, too! Aww, head on out, Adam! I'll tell 'em to put aside some corn if you're running late, bud. We'd have to start calling you RCFC after that, you know?! HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAAAGH!!! Cool sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:49 am

Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Que Sera

Yes he is and that is a whole web site right there..Ever since he went through his tragedy Icna't say a word about him anymore.I feel so bad for them!!! Now Tom Cruise--yuck!

So I don't offend anyone I shall bite my tongue in regards to his son's passing and scientology...

Tom Cruise is just wierd and a shit actor.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:52 am

cannot argue with the truth....

Plus to work with on set he is a dick head!!!sets up a little scientology tent to try to get new members.....
and he's creepy...picks his nose...i don't like him can you tell......
Must have a 12 inch to get the girls he does....because its not his personality!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:57 am

Chrissy wrote:

Plus to work with on set he is a dick head!!!sets up a little scientology tent to try to get new members.....
Must have a 12 inch to get the girls he does....because its not his personality!

You mean heels right, so he's the same height as them? lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:57 am

:rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: both!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:59 am

Chrissy wrote:
:rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: :rolling laughter: both!

Nah. You can that's only got a weiner!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:02 am

Chrissy wrote:

Yeah . . . or more like a four inch ( Wallet)
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:12 am

I saw him at the Marriot and I was pretty dang close to him at the Speedway, when they were filming Days of Thunder. He is a straight -up putz, from what I saw. No high heels, but Stallone would probably have to look down to look him in the eye. 'Bout my height, I guess. 5'7", or so? I don't know. rok on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corn Party ( Festival)   Corn Party ( Festival) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corn Party ( Festival)
Page 1 of 1