Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Edge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:03 am

I don't know if any of you are readers, but the Ameriacan magazines Metal Edge and Metal Maniacs have ceased publication. Sad
I read the Edge quite a bit and will be sorry to see it go. And there are a few in my collection that have some great KISS covers (including a few Hollograms). On the up side it seems the 2 mags I subscribe to, Classic Rock and Powerplay, are going from strength to strength. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:24 am

Roger H wrote:
I don't know if any of you are readers, but the Ameriacan magazines Metal Edge and Metal Maniacs have ceased publication. Sad
I read the Edge quite a bit and will be sorry to see it go. And there are a few in my collection that have some great KISS covers (including a few Hollograms). On the up side it seems the 2 mags I subscribe to, Classic Rock and Powerplay, are going from strength to strength. Very Happy

I didn't know this Rog, can't say I've read either mate, but Classic Rock is a fine mag! study thums up
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:05 am

I use to get Hit Parader and Creem years ago. Then plaster the photo's all over my walls. Metal Edge was a good one too. I think its time I subscribe to something metal again. Rollingstone and Spin are still going strong along with Blender but I just want to know about Rock and Metal not the politricks, Pop, Dance or Rap. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Metal Edge use to do great Kiss specials.

Shame it's gone..

Last edited by Pete on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:36 pm

I think it is sad how much written information is now gone. I believe in this age of computors that the magazine companies cannot keep up. Its sad!! We grew up with these magazines and like Marty said we covered our walls with their pictures and read the articles over and over. It made us fans, it filled a need and now its leaving. The next generation won't know what a thrill it is to finally get the next issue. We live in such a "want it now" society that kids don't seem to have anticipation. There is a thrill that goes on with waiting that they don't experience and that is so sad. They get the info they want right now absorb it for a second and move on.

To me there is nothing like paper. Sitting down and paging through a newspaper or a magazine and reading all of it as it was written. Reading a book and feeling the weight of it in my hands and the sense of what went into writting it.

Obviously the fact that I'm here shows I use a computor but just barely..as Matty can attest for with my knowledge!!! I like being disconnected and quiet and not everyone being able to get me at a second's notice. I like going to my mailbox and getting the latest issue of whatever...I think there needs to be a balance of modern convenience and the abolishment of paper print. If it continues books will be a thing of memories and I for one don't ever want to see that happen..

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:27 am

Chrissy wrote:
I think it is sad how much written information is now gone. I believe in this age of computors that the magazine companies cannot keep up. Its sad!! We grew up with these magazines and like Marty said we covered our walls with their pictures and read the articles over and over. It made us fans, it filled a need and now its leaving. The next generation won't know what a thrill it is to finally get the next issue. We live in such a "want it now" society that kids don't seem to have anticipation. There is a thrill that goes on with waiting that they don't experience and that is so sad. They get the info they want right now absorb it for a second and move on.

To me there is nothing like paper. Sitting down and paging through a newspaper or a magazine and reading all of it as it was written. Reading a book and feeling the weight of it in my hands and the sense of what went into writting it.

Obviously the fact that I'm here shows I use a computor but just barely..as Matty can attest for with my knowledge!!! I like being disconnected and quiet and not everyone being able to get me at a second's notice. I like going to my mailbox and getting the latest issue of whatever...I think there needs to be a balance of modern convenience and the abolishment of paper print. If it continues books will be a thing of memories and I for one don't ever want to see that happen..

Anyone else?

You can't take a computer to the loo whilst you have a number two!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:07 am

thanks....
I know people who would probably take their lap top anywhere!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:41 am

Chrissy wrote:
thanks....

Can't use a lap top to 'clean up' if you run out of tissue! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:18 am

Metal Edge 10_1_134 Pete!!!

Metal Edge Sig
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:19 am

Chrissy wrote:
Metal Edge 10_1_134 Pete!!!

Metal Edge Sig[/url]

What?

Last edited by Pete on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:49 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
thanks....

Can't use a lap top to 'clean up' if you run out of tissue! lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge   Metal Edge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Edge
Page 1 of 1