Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitesnake announce UK tour

Go down 
+2
Chrissy
Pete
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Whitesnake announce UK tour Empty
PostSubject: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:22 am

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/whitesnake-announce-uk-tour/

Quote :
Whitesnake have announced a UK tour for the early summer.

You can see David Coverdale and the band in June at:

Mon. 13: Newcastle City Hall

Tue. 14: Glasgow Clyde Auditorium

Thu. 16: Wolverhampton Civic Hall

Fri. 17: Manchester O2 Apollo

Sun. 19: Bournemouth BIC

Mon. 20: London Hammersmith Apollo

Tickets go on sale from 9am on Friday, December 17. They’re priced at £38.50 regionally/£39.50 London (subject to booking fee) and are available from http://www.livenation.co.uk/

The band’s new, as yet untitled album will be released by Frontiers in March.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:38 am

that's cool..whitesnake has always put on a good show.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:46 am

Chrissy wrote:
that's cool..whitesnake has always put on a good show.

Indeed. Even if Cov's voice is fucked. hell I did four Kiss shows this year and Paul ain't exactly at his prime these days!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:24 am

a friend posted a video of Whitesnake during Burn and I have to say it was the biggest Godawful mess I've ever heard it played.

The guitarist, whoever he is, totally destroyed the song. No feel at all. Someone said he's a great guitarist but to me he was just another run of the mill one.

I last saw Whitesnake in 1982 and tbh, I think I'd rather keep my memories untarnished...

DC completely sold out to crack the USA. Have to admit it worked! But he lost the soul of the band.
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 am

D'you ever notice how, particularly citing musicians, the voice and/or commitment to quality performance pretty well goes as the looks go?

With actors, a somewhat similar phenomena occurs when the actor's looks go and the actor recedes into the "real world," becoming inconspicuous, more personable, and more valuable professionally.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:13 am

The last time I saw Whitesnake, Mick Moody and Bernie Marsden were the guitarists, and that's the way I'm gonna keep it !! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:56 am

RFFB wrote:
a friend posted a video of Whitesnake during Burn and I have to say it was the biggest Godawful mess I've ever heard it played.

The guitarist, whoever he is, totally destroyed the song. No feel at all. Someone said he's a great guitarist but to me he was just another run of the mill one.
I last saw Whitesnake in 1982 and tbh, I think I'd rather keep my memories untarnished...

DC completely sold out to crack the USA. Have to admit it worked! But he lost the soul of the band.

Either Doug Aldrich or Reb Beach.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:59 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Either Doug Aldrich or Reb Beach.
Yeah Doug was the man...sorry but I really thought he was shit. I know nothing about him but from the one post of Burn I don't want to either. It's really hard to destroy a really good song...but he did it. And to top it off they did a snippet of Stormbringer too and that was just as bad.

Yeah, the Moody/Marsden line up was classic but I did really enjoy the Saints And Sinners tour with Mel Galley, that's when I bowed out. The 1984 album was pure sell out. Not saying it was a bad album, but everything about the band changed from the image to style of music. Never has it been so obvious that an artist wanted success in the USA so badly.
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:51 am

Saw the new vid and it sounds great to me. I would go see them.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:18 am

laxcdn wrote:
Saw the new vid and it sounds great to me. I would go see them.

Some of us are! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:42 am

Roger. H wrote:
The last time I saw Whitesnake, Mick Moody and Bernie Marsden were the guitarists, and that's the way I'm gonna keep it !! Very Happy Very Happy

Embarassed O.K so I've changed my mind. I'm allowed, aren't I ??? Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:47 am

Roger. H wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Embarassed O.K so I've changed my mind. I'm allowed, aren't I ??? Very Happy Very Happy

Of course you are.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:05 am

Roger. H wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

DITTO!!!!

Always go into things with an open mind and be willing to try new things...otherwise, how will you learn? That's pretty much my motto...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:24 am

I think we learnt guitar duels are boring...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitesnake announce UK tour   Whitesnake announce UK tour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitesnake announce UK tour
Page 1 of 1