Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy and science who would have thought ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Ozzy and science who would have thought ? Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy and science who would have thought ?   Ozzy and science who would have thought ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:24 am

for substance abuse study.
Ozzy's DNA profile will help science and health researchers. Ozzy Osbourne is famous for many things, but doctors want to know why he suffered from substance abuse for decades. Moreover, scientists want to use Osbourne's blood to create a genetic blueprint to find out why he's still alive after years of abuse.

"They're taking someone who's healthy, who should have disease, and looking at that," Jon Armstrong, Cofactor's chief marketing officer, said in a statement. "What's in the DNA, and what does it have that others don't have?" Sometime next month, Ozzy Osbourne's blood will be extracted and sent to St. Louis-based Cofactor Genomics.

Osbourne, 61, has called his existence a "modern miracle," even though the heavy metal rocket mumbles and has periodic shakes. In fact, he remains remarkably intact. In recent years, he has reportedly sobered up and even become something of a health nut.

Earlier this year, Osbourne approached Knome, a company in Cambridge, Massachusetts to have his genome mapped. Knome, which specializes in interpreting genomes to find links to disease, tapped Cofactor to do the actual sequencing of the genome -- the legwork before the interpretation begins. "His people were interested in finding out what whole genome sequencing could help them understand in terms of one's health outlook," Nathan Pearson, director of research at Knome and University City native, said in a statement. "It's a publicity coup for us."

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy and science who would have thought ?   Ozzy and science who would have thought ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:42 am

Chrissy wrote:
for substance abuse study.
Ozzy's DNA profile will help science and health researchers. Ozzy Osbourne is famous for many things, but doctors want to know why he suffered from substance abuse for decades. Moreover, scientists want to use Osbourne's blood to create a genetic blueprint to find out why he's still alive after years of abuse.

"They're taking someone who's healthy, who should have disease, and looking at that," Jon Armstrong, Cofactor's chief marketing officer, said in a statement. "What's in the DNA, and what does it have that others don't have?" Sometime next month, Ozzy Osbourne's blood will be extracted and sent to St. Louis-based Cofactor Genomics.

Osbourne, 61, has called his existence a "modern miracle," even though the heavy metal rocket mumbles and has periodic shakes. In fact, he remains remarkably intact. In recent years, he has reportedly sobered up and even become something of a health nut.

Earlier this year, Osbourne approached Knome, a company in Cambridge, Massachusetts to have his genome mapped. Knome, which specializes in interpreting genomes to find links to disease, tapped Cofactor to do the actual sequencing of the genome -- the legwork before the interpretation begins. "His people were interested in finding out what whole genome sequencing could help them understand in terms of one's health outlook," Nathan Pearson, director of research at Knome and University City native, said in a statement. "It's a publicity coup for us."

Well he's managed to live for years with no balls so I'm not surprised at all.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy and science who would have thought ?   Ozzy and science who would have thought ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:21 am

and Pete goes deep.............................
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy and science who would have thought ?   Ozzy and science who would have thought ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Pffft. Inject him already! Put us out of his misery
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy and science who would have thought ?   Ozzy and science who would have thought ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:25 am

Chrissy wrote:
and Pete goes deep.............................

And no spine might I add...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy and science who would have thought ?   Ozzy and science who would have thought ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy and science who would have thought ?
Page 1 of 1