Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......

Go down 
+5
Marty
Frethead
Pete
Chrissy
chuck1223
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:39 pm

NO!!!!! That sucks so bad!!!!!!!!!! How long do these extra treatments take all together?? Chrissy I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this and have a set back on top of it. I'm praying big time for you and if you need anything I am here 24/7 I love you you lots!! Keep us posted. Thanks for letting us know ADAM. group hug
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:40 am

Sending love & positive thoughts to Chrissy!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:55 am

It's just a minor hiccup Chrissy, I'm sure you'll bounce back stronger than ever !! Very Happy group hug
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:09 am

Follow up no. 2

I thought Chrissy might have posted last night but it would appear she isn't up to it.

Chrissy spoke to her doc after the treatment and while this isn't ideal, and would appear to be a bit unusual, it isn't anything to worry about. Her bone marrow is alive, which is a very good thing!, it just appears to be 'lazy'. Hows that for a medical description from the doc! The marrow works when she's getting treatments but when they stopped them, the marrow just didn't keep doing what it should. It is working, but not to the degree it should be.

Her next 5 treatments (Marty, 1 treatment per week) will be stronger and she has to go back on daily shots, which will be really hard for her. As much as all this should help her in the long run, in the short term, it's making her kinda unwell but she is toughing it out.

So, lets hope this next lot kicks that bone marrow into operation and it remembers its supposed to make blood!!!!! It's your job Mr Marrow!!!

Sending lots of good wishes.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:06 am

Sounds like she has typical laid back Californian marrow, " Hey the sun's shining, let's not work, let's go to the beach !!" sunny smokin
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:22 am

well Adam said it best..I told him I just want to crawl under a rock..Today im better trying to get my head around this and just kick myself into gear..I have nothing to complain about because it hasn't gone into leukemia and i just need to roll with this. Your good thoughts wishes and teases!! have been the best medicine that and a best friend that can hold my hand from 8000 miles away and never misses a treatment..
im already going to be in trouble for saying how nice he is so I am going to use up my "im sick card " on this one...So Adam when you read this don't get too mad..I want our friends here to know how supportive you are and have been and have made these treatments bareable. Anyone who will skype me and wants to see the needles....thats support. Ive learned how much it helps to have someone to turn too when things are so tough..Thank you Adam for being my someone...
Thank you fmf friends for being such a great support staff...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:33 am

What a lovely post. Keep smiling Chrissy and well done Adam, you're a star !! :clapping:
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:52 am

Embarassed

I'm actually lost for words.

er...thank you and you're more than welcome. I know how hard this has been on you and I'm just happy I can be there and help you through it all and I will be until you're all done...and beyond.

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:54 am

How're you feeling today, Chrissy ??
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:25 am

Chrissy, all the best and I'm praying for your perfect healing.

Roger, I'm familiar with Reiki also. I went through a system in about '92. I'd think you'd get the most good with loads of "quiet time" in order to get a grip on the trauma you've been affected by. Relax and enjoy the timeless/ painlessness provided by the meds, and, BOTH OF YOU, DRINK GALLONS OF WATER!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:38 am

Frethead wrote:
Chrissy, all the best and I'm praying for your perfect healing.

Roger, I'm familiar with Reiki also. I went through a system in about '92. I'd think you'd get the most good with loads of "quiet time" in order to get a grip on the trauma you've been affected by. Relax and enjoy the timeless/ painlessness provided by the meds, and, BOTH OF YOU, DRINK GALLONS OF WATER!!!

Ruth practises Reiki too. Works wonders.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:57 am

weekly whine from Chrissy is what this should be called.....

last weeks treatment was a big one...and I didnt take to it very well at all..I thought my head would never stop hurting..it got so bad Saturday at work that I couldn't stop crying so I made a call to the doctor on call...he gave a perscription for a fast headache reliever...it worked a little and took the bad edge off but made me sick! I dont know what is worse a headache or throwing up but both is a nightmare..

So I had a visit with the doctor Monday and he has decided to go with the less strength treatment as he feels this is too hard for me right now...He also gave me hydration just to give my body a little treat since it was such a hard weekend...that stopped the nausea right away...A shot of Imitrex for the headaches and here we are....
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:06 am

Thanks for the update Chrissy. I love you
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:07 am

Roger you and I need our own thread..We can call it Whine and Ale...........
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:09 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Roger you and I need our own thread..We can call it Whine and Ale...........

You two can Whine and Ale with us anytime. We have our own special family here. Please don't look at it as whining. What you both are going through is super rough. More than we will every know. I know talking about it helps. It doesn't change things but it helps. So please keep us updated. I want nothing more than to see my friends out of pain and out of suffering and worrying.. I love you

Chrissy you are so unselfish. Please try and be just a little bit more selfish!! You deserve all the love and attention and support you can get. Infact is there anything I can do?? Just ask!!! please?

Roger same to you!!

Good thoughts and good luck to you both!! I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 4:26 am

Thanks Marty, if you're in the area come and visit. The front door is open just come in put the kettle on and make yourself at home. I might get you to rustle up some lunch though, there's plenty in the fridge. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:01 am

Roger H wrote:
Thanks Marty, if you're in the area come and visit. The front door is open just come in put the kettle on and make yourself at home. I might get you to rustle up some lunch though, there's plenty in the fridge. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well thank you Roger!! I'll make soup!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:53 am

o.k. my weekly whine....

Had a treatment yesterday of the lower dose..so other than feeling flu like last night and an amazing headache can't really complain..They have switched around a medication they had me on to try to ease the headaches..Seems it gave me migrains instead...not good!!! I have to have steroids with the treatment and that causes the headaches... Shots still every week day..but holding in there

now the good news....

I'm up in the levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am up to a 6 in the blood department and thats up from a dangerous 4..still needs to be a 12 but i'm up!!!
and the mcv test for my bone marrow is back up to 70..full marrow activity is at 80 so that is still a big gain...

now hold!!! hold!!!hold!!!!hold!!!!hold!!!hold!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:55 am

Chrissy wrote:
o.k. my weekly whine....

Had a treatment yesterday of the lower dose..so other than feeling flu like last night and an amazing headache can't really complain..They have switched around a medication they had me on to try to ease the headaches..Seems it gave me migrains instead...not good!!! I have to have steroids with the treatment and that causes the headaches... Shots still every week day..but holding in there

now the good news....

I am up to a 6 in the blood department and thats up from a dangerous 4..still needs to be a 12 but i'm up!!!
and the mcv test for my bone marrow is back up to 70..full marrow activity is at 80 so that is still a big gain...

Fingers crossed for you then Chrissy!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:06 am

What you're going through really puts my little injury in perpsective. The way you're dealing with this is very humbling. As always, wishing you the best. not worthy2
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:39 am

Chrissy wrote:
o.k. my weekly whine....

now the good news....

You are awesome! I would certainly like to meet you some day, and maybe take you to the The Nickel Diner. The not exactly fancy steakhouse that serves incredible steaks w/ 40s decor?
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:22 am

you guys are too kind.....

and Tommy you count on it!!!!

Roger don't even go there...Your injury is so severe and my stuff is nothing..You have a steel rod in your body!!! and other building materials and i can't even imagine how much pain that causes!! So I get a few needles..Alright more than a few but in the big picture.. I have felt myself embarressed sitting in the infusion room with the chemo patients..They have all this poison going through them, they have no hair and no body weight and they still are pushing through..I'm sitting there fat and have my hair and feel out of place..I can recover from this..might be a pain but I'll recover..they won't..I admire them and they humble me...In the big picture we are all so lucky and it takes these little things to have it pointed out just how precious life is...

I am humbled by you guys and the level of character our little group here seems to carry....

x I love you
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:24 am

Chrissy wrote:
you guys are too kind.....

and Tommy you count on it!!!!

Roger don't even go there...Your injury is so severe and my stuff is nothing..You have a steel rod in your body!!! and other building materials and i can't even imagine how much pain that causes!! So I get a few needles..Alright more than a few but in the big picture.. I have felt myself embarressed sitting in the infusion room with the chemo patients..They have all this poison going through them, they have no hair and no body weight and they still are pushing through..I'm sitting there fat and have my hair and feel out of place..I can recover from this..might be a pain but I'll recover..they won't..I admire them and they humble me...In the big picture we are all so lucky and it takes these little things to have it pointed out just how precious life is...

I am humbled by you guys and the level of character our little group here seems to carry....

x I love you

Now, now folks. let's not argue over who is more ill/injured than the rest! Laughing

I wish you both speedy recoveries. Being ill/injured sucks!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:39 am

Pete wrote:

Now, now folks. let's not argue over who is more ill/injured than the rest! Laughing

lol! lol! It can be arranged if you want to join the walking/ hopping wounded !!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......   For my favorite human dart board Chrissy...... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For my favorite human dart board Chrissy......
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next