Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments

Go down 
+3
Chrissy
Roger. H
Matty35
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments Empty
PostSubject: Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments   Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 2:23 am

Heavy metal icon Ronnie James Dio , who was recently diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer, is currently receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. His wife/manager Wendy Dio has issued the following update on Ronnie's condition:

"Well, it has been a very exhausting month. After all the never-ending tests in Los Angeles, we flew to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, and as soon as we arrived, we got a call from the MD Anderson Hospital that they had an appointment for us with the doctor we originally wanted, so we then flew to Houston to the clinic, and, of course, MORE tests, but Ronnie finished receiving his first chemo treatment on Wednesday, and all is going very well.

I would like to thank Tony Martell from the T.J. Martell Foundation, Dr. Stuart Aaronson from Mount Sinai, Lindsay Brown and Mike Carden from Eagle Records, and our very own Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, for all your help in getting us into MD Anderson, and also our friends Geezer and Gloria Butler, who flew to Houston to be with Ronnie while he had his chemo.

Ronnie and I are totally overwhelmed by the amount of well wishes that we have received from friends and fans — we are reading them all. Some make us laugh, some make us cry, but all of them are so filled with love that it gives us so much support and makes Ronnie even more determined to fight this battle and win.

Thank you all for the positive energy and prayers."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments   Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:57 am

After years of battling Sorcerers and slaying Dragons, I'm sure the "Metal Elf " can beat this nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments   Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:20 pm

I really like Ronnie...Hate to hear anyone has to go through cancer treatments...but its always the nice ones....
Good luck...
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments   Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Stomach cancer isn't usually detected until the disease is already advanced. I hope it was indeed in the early stages when they caught it. Good luck Mr. Dio. Peace be with you. saint
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments   Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 am

Good luck Ronnie!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments   Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Wow! How I wish and hope and pray all the best for Ronnie's improved health, and Wendy's happiness, but, the truth is Cancer has no happy ending. Yet. For that, I am sorry.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments   Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 am

RJD is one of the finest singers I have heard sing live.

The Rainbow 70's shows are still some of my fav live memories. Met him once at the filming of a Dio set for The Tube.

Very sad to hear this. I hope he gets through it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments   Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie James Dio Begins Cancer Treatments
Page 1 of 1