Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fans of Randy Rhoads

Go down 
+10
chuck1223
Pete
Jennifer
kokeakola
Matty35
RAZOR777
budgolf
RFFB
'Scope
Chrissy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:34 pm

yes Chrissy thats a GREAT story...post it soon, everyone will love it!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:31 am

Great story Chrissy!,... would love to hear about your encounter with Rudy!! thums up

cheers

Matty rok on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:32 am

I read somewhere that Randy was about done with Ozzy and was going to go back to University to finish his classical guitar studies.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:52 am

laxcdn wrote:
I read somewhere that Randy was about done with Ozzy and was going to go back to University to finish his classical guitar studies.

In Rudy's book he talks about that...i will go and re-read it and quote it for you..

Last edited by Chrissy on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:00 am

Chrissy wrote:
laxcdn wrote:

Mike thats a question I'm gonna ask for you! Funny I have never asked anything like that or anything at all for that matter. Kathy just starts talkng. I was going to ask her if I could scan a picture or two for you guys but don't hold your breathe....Kathy moves at her own pace and doesn't like to be pushed..I bet after the memorial she will let me show the photos. It will be interesting to see what her opinion of Randy's future plans would be....

In Ozzy's "Dont Blame Me" video Oz tells the story that Randy did say that he wanted to quit the band and study Classical guitar, Ozzy remembers telling Randy "are you crazy? everything is going great for us"...

Im still interested to hear what your friend has to say Chrissy thums up
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:14 am

Very nice, Chrissy! You know, the place where Randy was killed is only a couple of hours south of here. In a little town called Lady Lake. I've driven down there, and went around asking people 'till I ended up in front of that house! You can't get real close to it, as there's an electric gate with security cameras. I know the tabloids and all said it was in Leesburg, but, that's merely the closest city to Lady Lake.
I was honored to have the opportunity to speak with Rudy Sarzo before I left the Gulf Coast about five years and a seven hour drive ago, when he played the Destin Lanes with Stephen Pearcy's RATT & Quiet Riot. Everybody had something to take an autograph with, and I was aflutter with visions of Rudy onstage in the HBO Speak of the Devil concert, or the "Bang Your Head" video, and thinking about how Rudy and Randy had been such close friends and, like a goof, I simply shook his hand and asked him, " What was Randy really like?" "He was a great friend and a great guitar player." With the utmost sincerity, he repeated himself upon my asking. ( Kevin was a loudmouth and one must admit, Rudy has an unique delivery!) He seemed to be waaaay real, "down to earth," and "easy -going." I was really touched, and I collected a juice for him, from the bar. Carlos, Frankie, Kevin, and the people standing there were all looking at me incredulously, as I handed the juice to Rudy. Come to think of it, I think Rudy may not have expected me to come back, too! lol! But, I'd asked if I could get a drink for him. you know?! As I type this, I realize how odd it must sound coming from a hard rockin' guy, but, it actually felt as if I had made a close friend during the six point eight, five, nine, nine seconds I shared the breath with him. These moments are rare, and this type of person is extraordinary, particularly when speaking of a genuine rockstar! I can't wait to read that book!

Last edited by Frethead on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:35 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation! You, behind the fence! Yes, you! Come and deal with it!)
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:35 am

Frethead wrote:
Very nice, Chrissy! You know, the place where Randy was killed is only a couple of hours south of here. In a little town called Lady Lake. I've driven down there, and went around asking people 'till I ended up in front of that house! You can't get real close to it, as there's an electric gate with security cameras. I know the tabloids and all said it was in Leesburg, but . . . That's just the closest city to Lady Lake.
I was honored to have the opportunity speak with Rudy Sarzo before I left the Gulf Coast about five years ago, when he played the Destin Lanes with Stephen Pearcy's RATT & Quiet Riot. Everybody had something to take an autograph with, and I was aflutter with visions of Rudy onstage in the HBO Speak of the Devil concert, or the "Bang Your Head" video, and thinking about how Rudy and Randy had been such close friends and, like a goof, I simply shook his hand and asked him, " What was Randy really like?" "He was a great friend and a great guitar player." With the utmost sincerity, he repeated himself upon my asking. ( Kevin was a loudmouth and one must admit, Rudy has an unique delivery!) He seemed to be waaaay real, "down to earth," and "easy -going." I was really touched, and collected a juice, for him, from the bar. Carlos, Frankie, Kevin, and the people standing there were all looking at me incredulously as I handed Rudy the juice. Come to think of it, I think Rudy may not have expected me to come back, either! lol! But, I asked him if I could get a drink for him. you know?! As I type this, I realize how odd it must sound coming from a dude, but, it actually felt as if I had made a close friend during the six point nine, five, seven, seven seconds I shared the air with him. These moments are rare, and this type of person is extraordinary, particularly when speaking of a genuine rockstar!

Excellent post Tommy!

Everybody keeps saying Rudy is top draw! - I really must buy his book, I just keep forgetting about it Rolling Eyes

cheers

Matty rok on
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:40 am

couldn't have said it better!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Thanks, guys! That came out really well, didn't it? Dang, Matty, I wish you'd stop using that Cheers emoti-littleguys thing, bud! Everytime I see it, I want to crack a brew! And, I don't drink anymore! Damn, that's a cold beer! I can slip every little while, though. Right?! jocolor cheer bottom's up
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:16 pm

That's a cool story!

It's always good when you meet someone and they turn out to be a real proper nice person and not some egomanic!

Nice one!!

bottom's up (couldn't resist!!!)
go on...crack one open!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks, dude. Hey! Is that RAF base Rammerstein? Something like that? Ask your brother, man!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Frethead wrote:
Thanks, dude. Hey! Is that RAF base Rammerstein? Something like that? Ask your brother, man!
If it is then that's probaly why it didn't come to mind...cos Rammerstein(?) is in Germany!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Don't I feel sheepish! DAmn, I thought I'd picked that name out of the blue! And it was the right one, I mean. The name of the base. Where the nuke weapons were s'possedly stored and the UFO crashed. Damn, I"ve been doing this for waaaay too long, today!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Randy Rhoads   Fans of Randy Rhoads - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fans of Randy Rhoads
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2