Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads

Go down 
+3
laxcdn
Chrissy
Frethead
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads Empty
PostSubject: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:15 am

For all Randy Rhoads fans . . . I live in Florida, and I took my wife on a trip to find the place where Randy was killed, a little while ago. I've recently discovered the pictures from that day, and looked up the business which is located there. Here's the link, if your interested. http://www.entertainmentcoaches.com/theranch.html
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:38 pm

i didn't realize you were such a fan. Randy's sister Kathy is a good friend and neighbor of mine. She was at a party at my house today. We were talking about the up coming film and she is amazed by how much footage there is. They don't know what to do with it all. They are off soon to visit and interview Alice Cooper! I will try to post a picture of her and I together. She is so tiny you can see where it runs in the family!

Funny also my husband is a bass player and after many years of hiatus is back to playing. They got to talking and he was showing her his new bass and she said oh I need to call Rudy next week so i'll get him to send you some books..like its no big deal like when you want a recipe from your mom just call and send. Yikes!

Just saw the pictures from this years memorial. it seems to get bigger and bigger every year.

A year ago I was out in the yard and I heard this guitar just wailing from down the street. Well my 16 year old neighbor has studied for years and can just tear it up so I thought nothing of it for a second. Then I paid attention and it didn't sound like Jack so I walked down the street and sure enough it was from Jack's house but it was Kathy just shreddin like you can't imagine!
Very cool indeed!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 8:42 am

Dang, that's waaay cool, Chrissy! I remember you mentioning Randy's sister being your neighbor, but, I sure didn't imagine you all being that close! FOOOOOOOOCK! Like, "Yeah, I'll ask Rudy if he has any favorite books he'd like to pass along." I have to say that Rudy seems like an A plus, right -on guy all the way across the table, and I certainly would not be surprised if he is as loyal and trusting with his friends as he is approachable in public. Randy's sister sounds like damn good people, too!
Anyway, that's enough about me. So, I've methodically examined Randy's recordings for what seems millenia, now. I've never hit bottom, so to speak, and it's comforting to know that I can always go to his playing for some "mental meat" to chew on ( ?), or some of that good ol' inspiration to play a little bit more. It's my obsession. Sleep
May I add that attention isn't necessarily paid, for as it is, it's given freely.
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:34 am

Cool stories all around.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:19 am

I have a picture of the music school where Randy taught and his Mom still teaches. saint She was giving a lesson when I took the picture. You can kinda see her and the little boy if you look real close.. Smile

Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads RobbinsMemorial2008046
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:46 am

O, yeah! Neat! Wasn't it called Musicville, or something like that? O, man, now I'm goin' to get all excited over talking about Randy, again . . . ( As the empathy grows, he cogitates. "I hope they will still like me after they see me this way." ) sunny cheesin' geek
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:57 am

Great post, thanks Tommy..

Randy rules!,... can't wait for that documentary thums up
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Yeah! Great! Thanks, Matty, he was special . . .
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:28 am

I heard and saw some previews from the Movie, but isn't Sharon putting the brakes on it? Just wondeirng what is happening?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:54 am

laxcdn wrote:
I heard and saw some previews from the Movie, but isn't Sharon putting the brakes on it? Just wondeirng what is happening?

Quelle suprise. Sharon stopping something Ozzy related that may paint her as anything but a fucking saint!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:10 am

Arrogant, self-centered bitch.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:20 am

Last i checked the battle with Sharon over the movie was going all right..its done and from Kathy told us will be shown hopefully at this years sundance festival. I'll will ask for details as soon as I see her...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:22 am

Chrissy wrote:
Last i checked the battle with Sharon over the movie was going all right..its done and from Kathy told us will be shown hopefully at this years sundance festival. I'll will ask for details as soon as I see her...

Does it paint Sharon as the evil money grabbing bitch she is? I sure hope so! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:35 am

Its not about Sharon or Ozzy..All about Randy..But Sharon controls the music rights so she had to aprove their use..
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:36 am

Chrissy wrote:
Its not about Sharon or Ozzy..All about Randy..But Sharon controls the music rights so she had to aprove their use..

Fair enough (I guess it's glossing over the alleged Randy/Sharon affair then).
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:33 am

Remember reading about the post break-up tryouts that Sharon thought of Randy as looking like a girl, "We're all about sick to death of meeting with people, and in walks this beautiful creature with the most wonderful skin and hair, carrying a guitar that's almost as big as he is!" ( Something to that effect. I don't recall the quote exactly Rev, isn't that close?)
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Yeah that sounds 'bout right. thums up
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:04 am

Thx Chrissy.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:05 am

So here is all I know...Had a nice visit with Miss Kathy last night and when I finally asked her "So how's the movie release going" The response was.....'No Comment" then put her hands over her face!!!!!!!!

Its not going well but she is not allowed to say and therefore neither am I...As soon as there is information she'll let us know
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:31 am

Chrissy wrote:
So here is all I know...Had a nice visit with Miss Kathy last night and when I finally asked her "So how's the movie release going" The response was.....'No Comment" then put her hands over her face!!!!!!!!

Its not going well but she is not allowed to say and therefore neither am I...As soon as there is information she'll let us know

SHAROOOOONNNN!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:50 am

Stupid, privileged bitch
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:14 am

THx CHrissy, you should work for TMZ:)
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:54 am

laxcdn wrote:
THx CHrissy, you should work for TMZ:)

OMG I hate that show!!! but tis true...hairdressers know a lot!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads   Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess this is as close as I'll ever get to Randy Rhoads
Page 1 of 1