Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement Empty
PostSubject: Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement   Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Rock band Guns N' Roses is in legal hot water after being accused of stealing material from a German electronic music producer, reports Oren Yaniv of the New York Daily News.

A copyright infringement lawsuit filed in Manhattan Federal Court claims the song "Riad N' the Bedouins," from the group's latest album, "Chinese Democracy," used two of Ulrich Schnauss' recordings.

The suit names Geffen Records, group frontman Axl Rose and nine others who collaborated on the much-anticipated, long-delayed album that was released November 2008, 15 years after the band's last studio production.

Domino Recording Co. claims in the suit it advised Geffen on February 26th that the Guns N' Roses song steals from Schnauss' tracks "Wherever You Are" and "A Strangely Isolated Place."

The opening portion of the song contains samples of both recordings, said Brian Caplan, a lawyer for Domino.

In responding to the February letter, Geffen "attempted to explain it away," Caplan said. "They tried to justify it."

Litigation was a last resort, he added. In the requested jury trial, a music expert would have to show that the samples were "electronically copied verbatim without authorization," Caplan said.

Calls to Geffen were not returned.

The suit asks for a halt to all sales and distribution of the platinium-selling "Chinese Democracy," which sold over 3.2 million copies worldwide.

It also demands at least $1 million in compensation.

The suit is the latest chapter in the troubled history of the album, which took nearly two decades and millions of dollars to complete.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement   Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:32 am

Only 3.2 million sales...worldwide!!!!!

Did this even make the recording costs back then...?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement   Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:16 am

RFFB wrote:

So Axl sold 3.2 Million drinks mats? Not bad!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement   Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:57 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

lol!

Or perhaps frisbies!

Can't say I played it more than 3 times and only once all the way through when I bought it. And that was an endurance test!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement   Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:24 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

lol!

Or perhaps frisbies!

Can't say I played it more than 3 times and only once all the way through when I bought it. And that was an endurance test!!!

Well you played it one more tiem than I did.

How did the band responsible for Appetite for Destruction produce that piece of crap.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement   Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns N' Roses Sued For Copyright Infringement
Page 1 of 1