Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poison Sued Over Four Songs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Poison Sued Over Four Songs Empty
PostSubject: Poison Sued Over Four Songs   Poison Sued Over Four Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:03 am

From classicrock.com

Poison Sued...
Quote :

Poison are being sued by former members of a Chicago band, who claim they had songs stolen.

Billy McCarthy and James Stonich of Kid Rocker say they auditioned C.C. DeVille, prior to the guitarist joining Poison. That was in 1984, and the pair say that DeVille heard their songs at the time, and they became the basis for four Poison tracks. The disputed songs are:

Talk Dirty To Me

I Won’t Forget You

Fallen Angel

Ride The Wind

The Kid Rocker duo not only want financial compensation, but an agreement that Poison will never play these tunes again.

How come it's taken them 27 years to realise this? Shocked Something fishy going on here!
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Poison Sued Over Four Songs   Poison Sued Over Four Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Um, it took them this long to come up with this. I call bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Poison Sued Over Four Songs   Poison Sued Over Four Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:32 pm

I was wondering the same thing.....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Poison Sued Over Four Songs   Poison Sued Over Four Songs I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:24 am

If they did write these songs (or contribute to the creation of them) surely it'd be better for them to have these songs performed and get the royalties too...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Poison Sued Over Four Songs   Poison Sued Over Four Songs I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:35 am

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/00820.shtml

Poison, one of the most successful hair metal bands of the 1980s, is striking back in response to a new lawsuit that claims four hit songs were stolen a quarter century ago from another band. A lawyer for the group led by frontman-turned-reality-TV-celebrity Bret Michaels tells The Hollywood Reporter how the rock stars intend to defeat the copyright infringement claims. Put in lyrical form, it might go like this: Every rose has its thorn, just like every claim has its dawn, just as every sleeping plaintiff sings a sad, sad song.

The insanely long-gestating lawsuit was filed last week in Illinois federal court by Billy McCarthy and James Stonich, who were members of a Chicago band known as Kid Rocker, formerly signed to Atlantic Records and a fixture on the Hollywood club scene. In court papers, McCarthy and Stonich describe auditioning future Poison guitarist C.C. DeVille in 1984, and showing him songs they allege would become the basis for later Poison hits.

Mark D. Passin, attorney for the members of the group Poison, says the claims have absolutely no merit.

"Poison will vigorously defend against the baseless accusations alleged in the complaint," he says. "Obviously, if the Poison songs that are the subject of the complaint infringed any songs written by Plaintiffs McCarthy and Stonich they would have filed their lawsuit over 20 years ago when Poison released the albums on which the songs are embodied. It is unfortunate that success in the entertainment business often invites unmeritorious lawsuits."

Read more about the lawsuit at www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/poison-responds-song-theft-allegations-254156.

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poison Sued Over Four Songs   Poison Sued Over Four Songs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poison Sued Over Four Songs
Page 1 of 1