Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana Empty
PostSubject: Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana   Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:36 am

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley will perform at the Viper Room in West Hollywood, California on Saturday, September 12th during the Sunset Strip Music Festival.

Tickets are $25 and can be purchased via TicketWeb.com.

Fehley has signed a European deal with Season Of Mist for the release of his fifth solo album, "Anomaly." Due in the U.S. on September 15th via Ace's own Bronx Born Records, with Rocket Science providing a full label service platform, the CD was produced and recorded in Westchester County, New York between 2007 and 2009 and was mixed in Los Angeles.

"Anomaly" official track listing:

1. Foxy & Free
2. Outer Space
3. Pain In The Neck
4. Fox On The Run
5. Genghis Khan
6. Too Many Faces
7. Change The World
8. Space Bear
9. A Little Below The Angels
10. Sister
11. It's A Great Life
12. Fractured Quantum
13. The Return of Space Bear (Dedicated to Tom Snyder) (iTunes exclusive)

The track "Outer Space" is available for streaming at this location.

Frehley, a longtime Gibson artist, will launch his second Gibson Ace Frehley Signature Les Paul guitar with the musical instrument giant later this year. His first signature Gibson guitar (in 1997) was one of the best-selling signature models of all time.

In an early 2008 interview with Billboard, Frehley stated about the CD, "Basically, I'm trying to get back into the mindset I was in when I did my first solo record [1978's 'Ace Frehley']. That record seemed to have all the elements everybody liked — a real cool instrumental, a hit single, some real heavy rockers, a nice variety of different genres of music."

Among his favorite new tracks are "A Little Below The Angels", hard-rocking "Pain In The Neck" and an instrumental called "Fractured Quantum", which is a follow-up to his previous instrumentals "Fractured Mirror" and "Fractured Too". Another favorite is "groove song" titled "Genghis Khan", which he likens in tone to Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir".

Frehley last year spent time on the road fronting a band that featured second guitarist Derrek Hawkins, drummer Scot Coogan (ex-Brides Of Destruction) and bassist Anthony Esposito (ex-Lynch Mob).
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana   Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:42 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana   Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:06 am

$25 and the viper room.....doesn't sound very appetizing...maybe he should play in the parking lot! The viper room blows!!!and for such a cheap ticket you know its gonna be horrid if there just giving it away!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana   Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:28 am

Chrissy wrote:
$25 and the viper room.....doesn't sound very appetizing...maybe he should play in the parking lot! The viper room blows!!!and for such a cheap ticket you know its gonna be horrid if there just giving it away!!!!!

Yeah but at least you have the option of going or not...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana   Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:16 am

11 days to go until the release!!!!

YEAH!!!! cheer
rock band

and shame on you LA residents for not going to this gig!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana   Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:40 am

RFFB wrote:
11 days to go until the release!!!!

YEAH!!!! cheer
rock band

and shame on you LA residents for not going to this gig!!!!!

To be fair I guess the fires have impacted peoples personal lives a bit..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana   Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley To Perform At The Sunset Strip Music Festival In California Submitted by: Dana
Page 1 of 1