Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement   AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:14 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Frethead wrote:
RFFB wrote:
I'm in no way a big AC/DC fan of the Brian era...but singers are prob the hardest member of a band to replace.

He has made the spot his own, without question. So, if he goes...AC/DC goes.

I have a feelin they will become like The Stones...they'll get back together every so often...do a huge tour and then fade away for another 5 years!

And I don't mind that actually...at least it makes the tours genuine events.

I concur, RFFB. Very good point, there!

Err...if they leave it another 5 years before they tour again Beano will be 67 pushing 68!

Best thing for them to do is knock it on the head after this tour.

Black Ice is a good album (better than lot of the 8's output anyway), so finish this and go out on a high (way to hell...)... Wink
Well I actually used The Stones as an example because they too aren't exactly spring chickens and thay STILL put on one of the best shows going.

I have a feelin AC/DC will be become The Stones of our generation...not many bands can stay away for so long and come back, play Stadiums and sell them out in a matter of hours. Really took me by surprise!

Good job I wasn't after a ticket!!!!... Laughing

I realise that's why you used the Stones, but even they're getting a bit ridiculous now...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement   AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:56 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Well I actually used The Stones as an example because they too aren't exactly spring chickens and thay STILL put on one of the best shows going.

I have a feelin AC/DC will be become The Stones of our generation...not many bands can stay away for so long and come back, play Stadiums and sell them out in a matter of hours. Really took me by surprise!

I realise that's why you used the Stones, but even they're getting a bit ridiculous now...
The Stones...ridiculous!!???

Oh no no no!!! Still one the best RnR bands ever...admitedly past their best but hey, that can be said said about a hell of a lot of bands.

Any band that can write and album as good as 'Sticky Fingers' can go on forever in my book. And that's just one of many many classics they've put out.

Even when Keef kicks the bucket he'll be more entertaining and have more talent than most of the crap out there these days...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement   AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Can't knock the Stones its like knocking your grandparents.....

Sure your Grans cookies aren't as tight as they used to be, but there stilll the best you'll ever have....
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement   AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:18 pm

cheer lol! lol! lol! lol! afro jocolor scratch rendeer bottom's up cheers drummer banana man idiot2 lol! lol! lol! :doggy style: :clapping:

AAAAAHHHHHH -HAAAAAAAHHHHHHH -HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH KEEF!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH -HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH -HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, O, my freakin' guts are gonna explode! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH -HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH -HAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH - No, I'm serious! HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! "Ain't nuthin" Obama and the wheels comin' off his wagon at the speed of flight!!! How did you come up with "Keef?!!!" O, my good Lord, that was funny!!! Whuuuyh - look out! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-HAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH - cough-cough hmrowlempkihckipopf -hiccup - ahchoo - sniff -cough -AAAAAHHHHHHHHH -HAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH -HAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! It's just so fXXXing ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement   AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:16 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

The Stones...ridiculous!!???

Oh no no no!!! Still one the best RnR bands ever...admitedly past their best but hey, that can be said said about a hell of a lot of bands.

Any band that can write and album as good as 'Sticky Fingers' can go on forever in my book. And that's just one of many many classics they've put out.

Even when Keef kicks the bucket he'll be more entertaining and have more talent than most of the crap out there these days...

Fair enough. I just think that they should maybe consider knocking it on the head. Anyway back to AC/DC. If Beano retires than that should be the end of the band IMO.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement   AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:08 am

yeah if one retires they all should....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement   AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:09 am

Chrissy wrote:
yeah if one retires they all should....

Agreed. thums up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement   AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC Frontman Contemplates Retirement
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2