Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any good reading going on out there

Go down 
+5
Rev
Frethead
Marty
RFFB
chuck1223
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 7:19 am

Here is a book I mentioned before..It's called Gargoyle...very interesting read...If you have the time I would check it out...

I started Pillars of the earth a year ago as my before bed book and it is just such a hard read...Has anyone else read it I'm about to give up..
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:26 am

Just started Bourne Deception
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 am

I hear thats good...you'll have to review it when you're done..
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:24 am

When do you guy's find the time to read??

study
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:40 am

Marty wrote:

study

Speaking of reading . . . Lax, can I borrow your avatar for about an hour? I won't hurt it.

Chrissy, you really ought to finish Pillars of the Earth! Piss on Star Wars!!! Pillars of the Earth is undeniably one of the most spellbinding and monumental epics you'll ever have the opportunity to read. A while ago, suffering from cold-casket boredom, I read it in my grandmother's basement, and it's still with me!

Last edited by Frethead on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:48 am

Marty wrote:

study

Ehhhhhhhhh,...................... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:27 pm

ok Fret Ill push through
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Thinking about getting Don Felder's book "Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles. Might be an interesting read.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:30 am

another good is .....The Lovely Bones.....Was made into a movie that wasn't half bad but the book is always so much better.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:29 pm

I have now finished The Millennium trilogy, absolutely stunning. I whole heartedly recommend these books. It's a shame that there won't be anymore. Sad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:27 am

Roger H wrote:
I have now finished The Millennium trilogy, absolutely stunning. I whole heartedly recommend these books. It's a shame that there won't be anymore. Sad

I like the Millenium Falcon.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:10 am

FOOL !!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:30 am

Roger H wrote:
Just finished The Girl Who Played With Fire...........Brilliant X2. Now started The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest. Very Happy study

did you finish? was it good?

I hear tell that when the author died he had 2 possibly three other books sitting there finished..His sister is the last relative alive and I guess there is some controversy over whether or not they can be published..Would be cool if they could..
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 am

Chrissy wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Just finished The Girl Who Played With Fire...........Brilliant X2. Now started The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest. Very Happy study

did you finish? was it good?

I hear tell that when the author died he had 2 possibly three other books sitting there finished..His sister is the last relative alive and I guess there is some controversy over whether or not they can be published..Would be cool if they could..

Yep, read all 3 books. Stevie has also mentioned that they had found some more of his work. I hope it's true, I miss Lisbeth already !!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:08 am

I have started re-reading Hary Potter & the Deathly Hallows, so I can see what they missed out of the film...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:23 am

Pete wrote:
I have started re-reading Hary Potter & the Deathly Hallows, so I can see what they missed out of the film...

I thought of doing that, but the book is still in Luton. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:26 am

Roger The Shrubber wrote:
Pete wrote:

I thought of doing that, but the book is still in Luton. Rolling Eyes

Well that's no good!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:21 am

I've gone back to my P. J Tracy books. Just finnished Live Bait and now on Dead Run. Not the most brain taxing of detective novels but good fun none the less.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:40 am

Don't know if any of you have read any of the Scarpetta Novels by Patricia Cornwell..there are about 17 I believe in all....She has just released a new one called Port Mortuary which is really really really good......You could start with this one and then go back and read the others....A definite one to get if you are snow bound...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:35 am

Sounds good, I'll check it out. On the last of my P.J Tracy novels at the moment, it's quite aptly name Snow Blind.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:28 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:17 am

The Eric Carr Story. Compiled by Greg Prato.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:26 am

Lost patience with the horrible and tedious interview after interview nature of this book, making it (for me) impossible to spend any lengnth of time reading. I shall dip into it from time to time from now on.

The Latest Classic Rock and Powerplay have arrived through our letter box today, so plenty of reading to do now. Well, reading Poweplay cover to cover and flicking through C.R. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:32 am

Roger. H wrote:
Lost patience with the horrible and tedious interview after interview nature of this book, making it (for me) impossible to spend any lengnth of time reading. I shall dip into it from time to time from now on.

The Latest Classic Rock and Powerplay have arrived through our letter box today, so plenty of reading to do now. Well, reading Poweplay cover to cover and flicking through C.R. Very Happy

Which is why I ended my subscription..
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:37 am

My Mother-in- Law bought me this years subscription for a Christmas present, so I could hardly say no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any good reading going on out there
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next