Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any good reading going on out there

Go down 
+5
Rev
Frethead
Marty
RFFB
chuck1223
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:34 am

Just started Stephen King's new one The Wind Through The Keyhole. Yet another Dark Tower novel (I thought these had finished !!??). A sort of prequel/sequel, as Mr King puts it himself, " The Dark Tower part 4.5"
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:03 am

Just finished the hunger games series. Really enjoyed them! They were a good fast read as well
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 7:54 am

Will be starting A Feast For Crows (A Song of Fire & Ice book 4) this weekend.
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:57 am

On book 2 of the Darth Bane series and just finished one on the path of the Millenium Falcon.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:12 am

Really struggling with 'A Feast for Crows' (Book 4 of the Game of Thones series). Hopefully it'll pick up soo. Will have plenty of light time to read to, but so far finding this harder than the previous 3.

Gonna have a look for 'Shut up & give me the mic' by Dee Snider in NY and take a break from the world of westeros I think.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 am

MAKE UP TO BREAKUP-------Peter Criss.

As entertainment the best of the autobiographies/ KISS books. If all of this is true (and why wouldn't it be ?) also the most explosive. Sometimes he goes a bit too much into detail and sometimes comes across as just as misogynistic as Mr. Simmons with his attitude to some of the unfortunate women who put themselves on a plate for the band. But he is also very honest in admitting he was a bit of a pig. Having read what his previous wives put him through (again he admits that he is far from an innocent) it's no wonder he lost most of his money and plummeted into depression. Again it's no wonder he is bitter about his two stints in KISS after the way Simmons and Stanley and (surprisingly Frehley) treated him. Of course this is all down to whether you choose to believe his version of events. I suspect all the blinkered "new" fans will disregard this book as the ramblings of an old has been that had his shot and blew it and the Simmons and Stanley worshipers will just flatley refuse to believe anything said against their idols. Me, I tend to lean towards thinking that this is a truer account of events than the previous books. Contraversy aside this does give a really good account of life in KISS in the 70's and the reunion.
An ideal companion to the Lydia Criss book, between them I believe we glimpse the truth rather than the rose tinted party line offered by the encumbents of the KISS factory at the moment. Well worth a read, just put your allegencies aside and be prepared to not look at your favourite band the same way again.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:37 am

Roger. H wrote:
MAKE UP TO BREAKUP-------Peter Criss.

As entertainment the best of the autobiographies/ KISS books. If all of this is true (and why wouldn't it be ?) also the most explosive. Sometimes he goes a bit too much into detail and sometimes comes across as just as misogynistic as Mr. Simmons with his attitude to some of the unfortunate women who put themselves on a plate for the band. But he is also very honest in admitting he was a bit of a pig. Having read what his previous wives put him through (again he admits that he is far from an innocent) it's no wonder he lost most of his money and plummeted into depression. Again it's no wonder he is bitter about his two stints in KISS after the way Simmons and Stanley and (surprisingly Frehley) treated him. Of course this is all down to whether you choose to believe his version of events. I suspect all the blinkered "new" fans will disregard this book as the ramblings of an old has been that had his shot and blew it and the Simmons and Stanley worshipers will just flatley refuse to believe anything said against their idols. Me, I tend to lean towards thinking that this is a truer account of events than the previous books. Contraversy aside this does give a really good account of life in KISS in the 70's and the reunion.
An ideal companion to the Lydia Criss book, between them I believe we glimpse the truth rather than the rose tinted party line offered by the encumbents of the KISS factory at the moment. Well worth a read, just put your allegencies aside and be prepared to not look at your favourite band the same way again.

Which is why I'll never read it.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 am

Ah, the fifth member of KISS. The Demon, The Stachild, The Spaceman, The Catman and The Ostrich. Laughing

Seriously though I do understand your reluctance. There was a time when I wouldn't have wanted to know what politics went/goes on behind the scenes but my illusions were shattered long ago and now I just enjoy it for what it is, a band that has produced some excellent albums and songs through the decades and put on a bloody good show (whoever is in the band). It's not a religion, there are far more important things in life that actually matter.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:22 am

Roger. H wrote:
Ah, the fifth member of KISS. The Demon, The Stachild, The Spaceman, The Catman and The Ostrich. Laughing

Seriously though I do understand your reluctance. There was a time when I wouldn't have wanted to know what politics went/goes on behind the scenes but my illusions were shattered long ago and now I just enjoy it for what it is, a band that has produced some excellent albums and songs through the decades and put on a bloody good show (whoever is in the band). It's not a religion, there are far more important things in life that actually matter.

Because I don't the image of my fave band to be tarnished anymore than it has been. Wanna keep what magic there is alive!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:09 am

Neil Gaiman's American Gods, absolutely superb. Recommended.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:52 pm

There'll be a lot of great reading here..........and all for free !!!!!!!

http://tech.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/700-marvel-comics-free-on-ios-and-android
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:01 pm

Roger. H wrote:
There'll be a lot of great reading here..........and all for free !!!!!!!

http://tech.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/700-marvel-comics-free-on-ios-and-android

Downloading App NOW!
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:45 am

Got the new Stephan Pearcy book. So far so good, only 20 pages in. I also got a VH book at the same time I will read whent his is done.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:28 am

laxcdn wrote:
Got the new Stephan Pearcy book. So far so good, only 20 pages in. I also got a VH book at the same time I will read whent his is done.

Oh I want to read that. So far so good is always a good start. Let me know what you think please
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:42 am

Up to 122 and I would get it.
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:43 am

If anyone has Bobby's book for sale let me know.
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:55 am

Book was good. Talked a lot about Robbin. Thought he cut to the end real quick though. Now I am reading the Saga of Van Halen
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:14 am

Reading INFERNO by Dan Brown at the moment, so the answer to the threads' title is...... NO ! I shall plough on and finish it though.Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:42 am

I'm a quarter of the way through Dance of Dragons, book one. Yes I'm slow reader (gives GRRM time to write the others)!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:39 am

Just finished Joyland by Stephen King. Once again he has kept his recent fine form up. So nice to read a good story after the Dan Brown shite I endured.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:21 am

Finally finished 'A Dance with Dragons' book two.

George R.R. Martin, if you've done what I think I don't like you!!! Hurry up with Winds of Winter!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 am

Reading The Cuckoo's Calling by "Robert Galbraith". And so far it's very good and a bit different to "his" other books !!Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:31 am

Roger. H wrote:
Reading The Cuckoo's Calling by "Robert Galbraith". And so far it's very good and a bit different to "his" other books !!Very Happy 
I must investigate. Never heard of this fella.Seems to have appeared as by magic...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I must investigate. Never heard of this fella.Seems to have appeared as by magic...
He also has developed Tourettes Syndrome !! Shocked 

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:41 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
He also has developed Tourettes Syndrome !! Shocked 

Now I'm gonna have to read it!!! Will have a look in the library this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good reading going on out there   Any good reading going on out there - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any good reading going on out there
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next