Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??

Go down 
+6
exact33
Frethead
Matty35
RFFB
Chrissy
laxcdn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:40 am

Pete wrote:
Agiain not a DVD but Sky Box office..Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief... Fox' attempt at finding their own 'Harry Potter'.

It was ok I guess, not brilliant but not rubbish. Loved Steve Coogan as Hades though and Uma still looks good even when she has snakes for hair!

I loved his character......He was so good as Hades....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:41 am

Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Agiain not a DVD but Sky Box office..Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief... Fox' attempt at finding their own 'Harry Potter'.

It was ok I guess, not brilliant but not rubbish. Loved Steve Coogan as Hades though and Uma still looks good even when she has snakes for hair!

I loved his character......He was so good as Hades....

Yes, Hades did indeed rock! I wasn't familiar with book so I'm not sure how faithful it was...

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:44 am

To me the book seemed so different than the movie because there was so much character development. As in books they have to paint that picture so the stories were so much more defined...The movie was cute though..I got a more adult sense out of the book than I did the film..They definetly targeted the teen audience...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:46 am

Chrissy wrote:
To me the book seemed so different than the movie because there was so much character development. As in books they have to paint that picture so the stories were so much more defined...The movie was cute though..I got a more adult sense out of the book than I did the film..They definetly targeted the teen audience...

Do you know if it was a succesful film? I notice there's about 5 books (currently) and I;m sure Fox want to get hold of the Harry Potter crowd...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:06 am

I'm only guessing but it did not do very well...Even with such a large interesting cast....It is going to dvd now and I am seeing more advertisments for that than I ever did for the film..Can't even say I saw ads for the film I just remember reading they had made one....
I saw it on a plane....
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:16 am

THE ROAD-----------------My second Post Apocalyptic movie in a row. The Book of Eli was entertaining, this however was/is the most depressingly soul destroying film I've ever had the misfortune to watch. There's not a glimmer of hope or humour or light in the whole sorry affair. Played out in almost slow motin and the ( obligatory ) mono-chrome background. I could find no empathy with any of the characters and found myself hoping that they would hurry up and die !!
Avoid at all costs !! 0/10.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:18 am

Will do that!!!! Thanks Roger for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:31 am

Roger H wrote:
THE ROAD-----------------My second Post Apocalyptic movie in a row. The Book of Eli was entertaining, this however was/is the most depressingly soul destroying film I've ever had the misfortune to watch. There's not a glimmer of hope or humour or light in the whole sorry affair. Played out in almost slow motin and the ( obligatory ) mono-chrome background. I could find no empathy with any of the characters and found myself hoping that they would hurry up and die !!

Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:04 am

Pete wrote:
Roger H wrote:

Sounds great!

No, no, no! That was an ultra alkaline vision of the potential future, which noone wants to face! Perhaps, more in-line with a gut bones documentary by a hardline, arm-twisting tree-hugger with an extraordinarily disturbing idea concerning "where the planet's headed," granted; yet, placed so well in the middle of 2010. . . Rather, a painfully detailed and protracted look at the neighborhood damaged kid's science project.
Haven't you ever wondered how trying to live in an oxygen depleted and increasingly toxic atmosphere would go down?!! Gray and grayer skies, no sunshine, no rain; a dead, super gigantic, syrupy dilution of poison and deterioration which is what would become of that we like to think of as the origin and sustainer of life; madness, degradation, pain, misery. Depleted organic systems. Increasing universes of bacteria. Dwindling numbers of organic species. Horrid. Wasn't it cool when they found the bomb shelter stocked with canned food, at the 80s contemporary on the hill? ( Hey! I really like those houses!) I'm willing to bet the director was banking on that Swissy Lord of the Rings guy ( with his cheekbones and bony ass) to be the proverbial Ray of Beautiful Life-Giving Sunshine in his not so delicately twisted project, there. Did it take you a while to recognize Robert Duvall?! It took me a while! I'm planning on investing serious time into some Mel Brooks, Tim Conway and Burt Reynolds movies, at this point.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:17 am

Frethead wrote:

Haven't you ever wondered how trying to live in an oxygen depleted and increasingly toxic atmosphere would go down?!! Gray and grayer skies, no sunshine, no rain; a dead, super gigantic, syrupy dilution of poison and deterioration which is what would become of that we like to think of as the origin and sustainer of life; madness, degradation, pain, misery. Depleted organic systems. Increasing universes of bacteria. Dwindling numbers of organic species.

NO.
Doesn't matter how you dress it, it was still a big turd floating on an ocean of turds on their way to Turdom. exploding bog
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:23 am

Roger H wrote:
Frethead wrote:

Haven't you ever wondered how trying to live in an oxygen depleted and increasingly toxic atmosphere would go down?!! Gray and grayer skies, no sunshine, no rain; a dead, super gigantic, syrupy dilution of poison and deterioration which is what would become of that we like to think of as the origin and sustainer of life; madness, degradation, pain, misery. Depleted organic systems. Increasing universes of bacteria. Dwindling numbers of organic species.

NO.
Doesn't matter how you dress it, it was still a big turd floating on an ocean of turds on their way to Turdom. exploding bog

Pardon me, Roger, I had no idea that you speak Turdish
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:24 am

So funny!!!!

I just watched Shark Tale for the umtenth time...Actually funny and cute....
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:19 pm

THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS------------Absolutely superb film. Has the feel of a Coen Brothers movie, and had me in stitches all the way through. Impossible to give a brief synopsis except for it's completely barmy and a little surreal. I'm going to try staring at the sheep over the hedge in the morning to see what happens, if I'm lucky I might get dinner sorted for the next few days !! Very Happy 10/10.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 am

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE------------Got rave reviews across the board........but........ scratch Don't get it, I must be old. scratch i dont kno
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm glad to hear you say that...I didn't get it either.....I liked the book as a kid....I just think some ideas are better left in the book and not on film...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:17 am

Chrissy wrote:
I'm glad to hear you say that...I didn't get it either.....I liked the book as a kid....I just think some ideas are better left in the book and not on film...

It was just so slow and I didn't grasp what was going on. It didn't help either that I couldn't stand the main charater, the little brat !!! bat
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:49 am

Don't you just love it when you want to run over the main character with your car?
not a great start to a movie..
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:23 pm

SOLOMON KANE-------------------Quite liked this adaptation of Robert E Howard's other anti-hero. James Purefoy plays the lead character with the right amount of brooding menace and ruthlessness, none of your " let your foe live after defeating them " business for him, dispactch them in anyway possilble. A good supporting cast make this an enjoyable film and you don't have read any of the books or comics to appreciate it.
Now, if only we can have a decent portrayal of Conan, to erase the memory of those God awful Swarchenegger movies !!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:20 am

CRAZY HEART.....................Pedictable corny story about a washed up drunken country singer who drags himself back to glory with a little help from his protege. Only thing that rescuse this is a good performance from Jeff Bridges as the aforementioned loser. 4/10
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:02 am

Watched the "Clash of the Titans" last night and was bitterly dissapointed. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone...they really butchered this one in my opinion. No
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:39 am

Rev wrote:
Watched the "Clash of the Titans" last night and was bitterly dissapointed. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone...they really butchered this one in my opinion. No

Thts too bad to ear..I was hoping for a good remake as the original was so good..When I heard they added the 3D in post production I knew it would be bad...
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 11:00 am

I think I may go rent the original this weekend to make up for it. happy boy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:33 pm

Rev wrote:
I think I may go rent the original this weekend to make up for it. happy boy

That should work...I am going to watch the Mummy again for the 50th time..One of my favorite movies to watch over and over..
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:48 am

Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 am

Finally got to see Hot Tub Time Machine. I've seen some real shitty shit, and I've virtually been showered with awards for my distinctively melancholy attitude, but . . . aw, it was fun. I must declare that the highlight of the film came in the form of a weird sort-of Eighties Video Vixen Witney Houston meets Zeros Let's Get it Started "Dogs" in a dance party, or something incredibly misplaced, and I wasn't turned-off as much as one might expect. I'm a bit less interested in John Cusac's "work," and it ain't the best flashback I've ever seen; though, the flashbacks that are sure to slide down the drain over the next twenty aren't even gonna equal The Hot Tub Time Machine. To put it in a nutshell, thank God Will Ferrell wasn't in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's been playing in your DVD recently ??   What's been playing in your DVD recently ?? - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's been playing in your DVD recently ??
Page 18 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next