Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jani Lane - Whats Going On?

Go down 
+5
Pete
chuck1223
'Scope
kokeakola
Matty35
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Jani Lane - Whats Going On? Empty
PostSubject: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:19 pm

I keep scratchin my head over this...

What really went "down" with the down boys?.

The best thing for Jani was Warrant, the best thing for Warrant was Jani!!
He's in, then he's out (in a matter of weeks) WTF!!

I can't find any concrete reports on why Lane left, or got fired!

His replacement "Robert Mason" is awesome, we know that from his Lynch Mob days, but there's nothing like the an original, is there?

What's the scoop boys?

cheers

Matty.. cheesin'
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:28 pm

I'd like to know too. It's a shame really, because Warrant recorded a smokin disc with Jaime St. James (Born Again) and toured and did all right, but then brought Jani back in. He lasts for what.....10 shows....then he's out. Now Robert Mason smokes, but it's a shame Jaime St. James had to leave at all. He's back with Black N' Blue, which is cool, but the whole Warrant thing is a shame. Sad
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Well, when they brought Jani back it was an opportunity for all. The band, the fans & especially Jani. But, he blew it. Every show they played Jani was fuggin' terrible!! REALLY terrible. He was stumbling & obviously under the influence of something every single show. There are many clips on YouTube to support just how bad he was performing.

They did a set here in Vegas & apparently it was so bad that he was being booed & the set was cut short. Upscope wasn't there but that's the word. At Rocklahoma though Upscope was there & it was a comedy fest from start. In between songs Jani would go on & on & on rambling for like 5 minutes about something that made absolutely ZERO sense. Seriously he was grossly overweight, slurring his speech & made no sense. It was obvious that he a is troubled soul. His Rock The Bayou performance was supposedly even worse than this?

Eventually Warrant was forced to make a business decision to yet again part ways.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Robert Mason is truly a professional & great performer but Warrant may be best to accept Jani for just what he is & just go with it. Many Warrant fans just want to see Jani as the front man. As bad as he is Warrant would still sell more tickets with him fronting.

Upscope
Back to top Go down
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : forum lurker

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:28 pm

In my opinion they would be best with Jani . He was responsible for writing the good hits,to my knowledge. It is a shame about him having problems........'nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://robbintribute.8forum.info
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:26 am

Its such a "shit" when this type of thing happens, getting the second chance & everything..

Reminds me of the Van Halen fiasco, Its like - Hooray Dave's back!..Ohh shit Mike's fired! No

Its like foreplay with no sex.. lol!

cheers

Matty.. scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:12 am

I saw Warrant support DLR in 1991.

They were pretty poor with Jani being a complete c0ck. Feel sorry for him that he blew his big chance again. Still C'est la vie...

Love the first 3 Warrant CD's. Not heard much since Dog Eat Dog though.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 am

"Uncle Toms Cabin" - How could you not like that track, awesome Hard Rock anthem.. rock on
Back to top Go down
Mary1234

Mary1234

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Matty35 wrote:
"Uncle Toms Cabin" - How could you not like that track, awesome Hard Rock anthem.. rock on

I just listened to that this morning on the way in to work!!! Almost blew out my speakers...
Back to top Go down
Shelby

Shelby

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 pm

"Uncle Tom's Cabin" - Excellent song and one of my favorites.

Jani was a mess during most of the gigs Warrant did over the summer from the reports I read. A buddy of mine from Singapore came to the states this past July. Being the die-hard fan he is, rearranged his entire vacation schedule just so he could see Warrant in Vegas, only to be disappointed. I believe this was the first and only time he got to see them. I'll quote the post he made on the forum we're both at.

Quote :
The rest of the band played really great and tight though, and showed 100% professionalism. But you can see it in their faces that they were embarassed by the whole situation created by Jani. The guy was a total joke onstage. He can't even barely hold his mike onstage initially and was shaking so badly. It was like watching a drunkard taking on the karaoke machine, only difference was that you're paying money to watch this trainwreck. The crowd was booing Jani really loud throughout the show, but when the stage was just cleared with the rest of the 4 guys, everyone would applaud them loudly.

I am not sure what the story is, but it seemed Jani seemed to have more of an issue with Joey. He kept shouting to Joey to do this, play that, touching his bald plate, etc... Joey would just grinned and stared down his guitars and pedals and just did his thing. A total professional. All I can say is that, after this show I had total respect for Joey Allen, but I definitely lost all admiration and respect I had for Jani Lane.
Back to top Go down
Mary1234

Mary1234

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Yea,
Jani is a mess. If he was shaking like that then he has a MAJOR alcohol issue.... I was in their shoes a few years ago and trust me, it is NOT a way to live....you're not living...you're existing. Its really heartbreaking for me to see/hear things like this. I just wanna find the person, wherever they are and give them a hug and tell them they CAN get healthy again... Sad

Mary
Back to top Go down
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 am

Yeah, the poor guy's got major problems. He was on that reality show, and the guy is a sad case. I wish him the best.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:00 pm

⭐ A few years before Jani was on Celebrity Fit Club I caught him on that tour with Steven Adler and Kevin Dubrow at a local club.

They had to practically carry him on and off the stage. He looked like he was about 80 years old.

After Celebrity fit club he looked great and seemed like he was a new person. He should get a personal trainer/counselor or whatever it takes...It's sad to see someone going downhill when there is so much help out there. ⭐
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jani Lane - Whats Going On?   Jani Lane - Whats Going On? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jani Lane - Whats Going On?
Page 1 of 1