Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love Empty
PostSubject: Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love   Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Andy Greene of Rolling Stone reports:

Bret Michaels recently stopped his tour bus at an eyeglasses store in Springfield, Illinois. “All of a sudden, I’m not making this up, the high school and junior high school next door lets out,” he says. “I wound up signing 2,000 autographs behind the dumpster of a glasses place. Poison always had great fans, but when you’ve been on TV every day for the last three or four years it makes a much bigger level of awareness.”

While Rock of Love has made Michaels more famous than ever, this summer he’s returning to his main job when Poison hits the road with Cheap Trick and Def Leppard. Here’s Bret, in his own words, on his busy life:

On the Def Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick tour:

“It’s a shame the economy sucks, but people still need to go out and have a great night and a lot of fun. I think we’re going to give it to them at a pretty awesome price. It’s the night of a thousand hits. All of us have a good competitive spirit and the fans will be the ones that win.”

On Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott calling Poison a “shite band” last summer:

"Joe may have been having a bad day, who knows? The bottom line is I like their music. Phil Collen is a good friend of mine. Joe and I e-mailed each other right after that and we straightened things out. I told Joe, ‘Look, I have enough problems fighting with my own band. I can’t take on anything else. I can’t fight everybody. I grew up loving your music and you guys are awesome.’ He wrote back, ‘I’m sorry, mate. It was a bad day for me and they asked me some off the wall questions.’ ”

On the possibility of a new Poison record:

“I’d love to say yes, but I’m probably lying. I don’t know if our four heads are all in the right place to make a new album. I would love to make one, I just want it to be a pleasurable experience. My brain is too creative and I don’t want to go in there and fight with these guys at this point. I’d love to do it and if the time is right and everyone’s head is in it, that would be great. We just aren’t there now.”

On Rock of Love Bus winner Taya:

“Taya is absolutely beautiful. The show should be called Rock of Dating. You don’t fall in love in a month and a half on TV. You might fall in lust, you might be hot for somebody, but love takes time and both of us have children. We’re having a great time and we’ll see what happens.”

On runner-up Mindy:

“When were in the Dominican Republic she should have said what she told me at the reunion. Mindy was great, but she would often get into a funk. I’m not talking about a fake funk, but a real funk. If we were out on the road and you got into a fake funk, we wouldn’t last two days after the show was over. Two or three of these arguments, you’d be like, ‘I’m done.’ She really came around at that reunion and said everything she should have said at that reunion.”

On the possibility of Rock of Love 4:

“I don’t know. I have to see where me and Taya go. We didn’t plan on a third one. You don’t finish one and then they start scheduling a show. All three were shot at all different times. It just depends if it works out. If I can withstand doing it and everyone wants to do it, then it’s definitely possible. It doesn’t suck being on a show with 25 women that can’t leave until I say so. They can’t escape. If there was to be something else, who knows what I would do. Maybe I’d be a love guru doctor and I’d give advice. Life throws me a lot of curves and I’ll see what happens.”
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love   Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Crock of Love Razz

Even though Bret doesn't have the greatest voice IMO. I have to admire this guy's enthusiasm. I've never been a big fan but they do go out and try to have a good time on stage. rok on I guess he must be doing something right all these woman still show up for him. scratch
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love   Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Marty wrote:
Crock of Love Razz

Even though Bret doesn't have the greatest voice IMO. I have to admire this guy's enthusiasm. I've never been a big fan but they do go out and try to have a good time on stage. rok on I guess he must be doing something right all these woman still show up for him. scratch

A lot of the women who do turn up are :your are nuts: though!
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love   Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Oh hell yeah. Everyone is pretty much wasted. drunks
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love   Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:54 am

He comes across as being pretty honest and down to earth...I was not expecting that!... Shocked

'Rock Of Dating'...that made me laugh...good to know even he doesn't take it seriously...I did have my doubts on the few episodes I've managed to watch...'cos it mostly just gets turned off...girls, have some pride FGS!!!!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love   Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:59 am

Fuck the rock of love shite, get poison back on the studio and make a record as good if not better than Open up..(Last decent record with CC they made), and tour the UK you wig wearing prat!
Back to top Go down
Back4more

Back4more

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love   Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Every now and then I will catch an episode of Rock of Love. That show cracks me up, especially when I have had a really crappy day at work. It's a train wreck that you can't help but watch! affraid
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love   Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:28 am

Back4more wrote:
Every now and then I will catch an episode of Rock of Love. That show cracks me up, especially when I have had a really crappy day at work. It's a train wreck that you can't help but watch! affraid

I know Kim it's kind of addicting...watching the trainwreck. Who ever Bret doesn't pick will usually end up on another show on VH1 like "Charm School" some other spin off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love   Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bret Michaels Discusses Touring, A New Poison Record And Rock Of Love
Page 1 of 1