Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Van HALEN record

Go down 
+8
RAZOR777
Rock
kokeakola
RFFB
Matty35
Roger. H
Rev
Pete
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Favourite CVH Record
Van Halen
Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_lcap82%Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
Van Halen II
Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Women and Children First
Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Fair Warning
Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Diver Down
Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
MCMXXXIV (1984)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:05 am

Seeing as most people here have voted for VH 1 you may be interested in this....?

From Blabbermouth.net

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=117329

As part of their ongoing vinyl reissue series, Warner/Rhino on Tuesday (March 31) quietly released VAN HALEN's groundbreaking self-titled 1978 debut record on 180-gram vinyl.

One of the most explosive and accomplished hard rock albums ever produced, VAN HALEN's 1978 self-titled debut altered perceptions of what the guitar could do and it set the template for the sound of rock and roll for the next decade. From the instrumental blow-out of "Eruption" and the gritty pop of "Feel Your Love Tonight", to the strutting riff of "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" and the grandiose reworking of THE KINKS' "You Really Got Me", VAN HALEN amply demonstrates the drive, showmanship and musicianship that would turn them into rock revolutionaries!

"Van Halen" vinyl reissue details:

* Mastered from the original analog master tapes by Kevin Grey at Acoustech Mastering, using half-speed mastering for superior sound
* Pressed on high-quality 180-gram (180g) weight vinyl for longer life and superior sound
* Features all-original artwork and packaging

Most experts agree that the richness and depth of the original master tapes is truly captured only on vinyl. This should sound better than both the original vinyl, and the remastered CD.

For more information, visit http://www.vanhalenstore.com/page/VH/PROD/new/RC78
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:56 am

Pete wrote:
Seeing as most people here have voted for VH 1 you may be interested in this....?

From Blabbermouth.net

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=117329

As part of their ongoing vinyl reissue series, Warner/Rhino on Tuesday (March 31) quietly released VAN HALEN's groundbreaking self-titled 1978 debut record on 180-gram vinyl.

One of the most explosive and accomplished hard rock albums ever produced, VAN HALEN's 1978 self-titled debut altered perceptions of what the guitar could do and it set the template for the sound of rock and roll for the next decade. From the instrumental blow-out of "Eruption" and the gritty pop of "Feel Your Love Tonight", to the strutting riff of "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" and the grandiose reworking of THE KINKS' "You Really Got Me", VAN HALEN amply demonstrates the drive, showmanship and musicianship that would turn them into rock revolutionaries!

"Van Halen" vinyl reissue details:

* Mastered from the original analog master tapes by Kevin Grey at Acoustech Mastering, using half-speed mastering for superior sound
* Pressed on high-quality 180-gram (180g) weight vinyl for longer life and superior sound
* Features all-original artwork and packaging

Most experts agree that the richness and depth of the original master tapes is truly captured only on vinyl. This should sound better than both the original vinyl, and the remastered CD.

For more information, visit http://www.vanhalenstore.com/page/VH/PROD/new/RC78

O, mahhhn. :dizzy:
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:33 pm

Rock wrote:
Highway to Hell, Back in Black and For those About to Rock were all Mutt Lange productions, and Black Ice sounds the same, even though it isnt him producing. If I could have any producer Iwanted it would be Mutt, and the bonus he might bring his mrs along, the very sexy Shania Twain. Smile
I think you'll find the very lovely Shania is now the EX Mrs Lange...they separated last year...

YAY!!!!! She's single again!!!!!!...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Schweeeeeng! :pound it: :head case: :break it: :mad as hell: :head case: :pound it: :head case: sunny :dizzy: i'll do it Sleep
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:49 am

Frethead wrote:
Marty wrote:
scratch This is like trying to pick my favorite Aerosmith album. I'm all stressed out now. No

But since I am old school I just went with VH The first VH 8-track I owned. Laughing smokin

Good point! Here's another one. Your favorite AC/DC album. Hmmm. Back in Black? For Those About to Rock? Dirty Deeds? confused 1 rock band

Back In Black, Powerage, Highway To Hell are all fine albums but my all time fave is "If You Want Blood" I grew up on that album, thrashing around my bedroom like a little Angus to "Whole Lotta Rosie" :guitar rock out:
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:02 pm

HEEY! Long time no hear, stranger! Hope you had a great vacation, and everything went as planned, Matty! I totally agree with your assessment of If You Want Blood. That record was a giant slayer!!! Highway to Hell, Back in Black and For Those About to Rock continued with the same energy, albeit, with a continually increasing focus throughout, I guess. I don't know. I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 pm

Hang on!!!

Who voted for WACF? Not complaining or anything but I've only just noticed it!!!!

I've read the posts & can't see anyone owning up to it...unless I've just missed it which is very probable!...c'mon be proud and shout it out!!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:00 pm

RFFB wrote:
Hang on!!!

Who voted for WACF? Not complaining or anything but I've only just noticed it!!!!

I've read the posts & can't see anyone owning up to it...unless I've just missed it which is very probable!...c'mon be proud and shout it out!!!!

Thart would be me, dude! HAAH -HAAAAAH!!! FXXXKIN' A RIGHT, I VOTED FOR THE JACKET WITH MASTER ED HOLDING A CHEESED -UP EXPLORER!!! AYYYYY! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GUITARS, AND YOU'D BETTER BACK UP 'CAUSE I'M ABOUT TO WHUP IT OUT!!! I'm pretty sure I let my disposition "step forward" when I voted. 'Fcourse, I don't usually shy away from an opportunity to be REALLY DOG FARTIN' LOUD and OBNOXIOUS!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:07 pm

Frethead wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Hang on!!!

Thart would be me, dude! HAAH -HAAAAAH!!! FXXXKIN' A RIGHT, I VOTED FOR THE JACKET WITH MASTER ED HOLDING A CHEESED -UP EXPLORER!!! AYYYYY! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GUITARS, AND YOU'D BETTER BACK UP 'CAUSE I'M ABOUT TO WHUP IT OUT!!! I'm pretty sure I let my disposition "step forward" when I voted. 'Fcourse, I don't usually shy away from an opportunity to be REALLY DOG FARTIN' LOUD and OBNOXIOUS!!!!!!!
:clapping:

What an album...I've said somewhere else on this thread I actually prefer both Fair Warning & WACF to VH1...

The WACF tour was the last time I saw the DLR VH line up and what a gig!!!

Good call...looks like you n me are standing alone in face of overwhelming figures for VH1 tho!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Hayell yeah, man! I think we could take 'em. What do you think?! I just found it about one third of the way down on page 3, Adam.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Frethead wrote:
Hayell yeah, man! I just found it about one third of the way down on page 3
So I was right...I just missed it!!!

Mr observant...not!

Love the rawness of WACF...and it's a pretty heavy album as well!!! Fools, Romeo Delight... not worthy2

'Have you seen juniors grades!!!!!'
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:25 pm

No 1984 Surprised ? Their best selling album to date (I believe) Surprised

Of the choices offered, I'd have to take the all original Van Halen, but it would be a toss up between the original and 1984 if given the whole back catalogue. Theres something about that intro drumming to Hot for Teacher Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Skezza wrote:
No 1984 Surprised ? Their best selling album to date (I believe) Surprised

Of the choices offered, I'd have to take the all original Van Halen, but it would be a toss up between the original and 1984 if given the whole back catalogue. Theres something about that intro drumming to Hot for Teacher Laughing

Yeah, skezza, there's certainly something to be said for 1984, namely, you don't have to spell it out! geek But, I have to reiterate my love for Women and Children First, man!

Last edited by Frethead on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That was too wierd.)
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Do you remember when that girl was Prom Queen? O, wow!
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Hehe sorry Razz I love how all the synth players rip on Eddies synth playing, but lets be honest, Jump just wouldn't be the same played differently Laughing
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:40 pm

I like the way the line runs down the back of their stockings...I always kinda liked those high heals too!!!

DLR really is THE MAN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah! That's it! Yeah. A little more to the right. Yeah. A little more to the right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Van HALEN record   Favourite Van HALEN record - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Van HALEN record
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3