Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 am

Heavy metal legends Iron Maiden have abandoned plans to quit after their next album, insisting they'll keep rocking well into old age. Just last year, bassist Steve Harris suggested the group was close to disbanding, and that band members would walk away after the next release.

He said, "We've always said we're only going to do 15 albums; we're coming up to it. There's going to be an ending point."

But guitarist Adrian Smith reveals the group has experienced a shift in opinion as it celebrates its 35th anniversary - and band members have decided to keep on recording and performing.

Smith tells MetalHammer.co.uk, "We'll carry on. The great thing is that there's clearly a huge audience out there waiting to hear what we're going to do right now; and in the real world that's not a very common situation so you have to appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:57 am

Matty35 wrote:
Heavy metal legends Iron Maiden have abandoned plans to quit after their next album, insisting they'll keep rocking well into old age. Just last year, bassist Steve Harris suggested the group was close to disbanding, and that band members would walk away after the next release.

He said, "We've always said we're only going to do 15 albums; we're coming up to it. There's going to be an ending point."

But guitarist Adrian Smith reveals the group has experienced a shift in opinion as it celebrates its 35th anniversary - and band members have decided to keep on recording and performing.

Smith tells MetalHammer.co.uk, "We'll carry on. The great thing is that there's clearly a huge audience out there waiting to hear what we're going to do right now; and in the real world that's not a very common situation so you have to appreciate it."

Hope they consulted Sooty about this decision. Everyone knows he's there real boss... Wink lol!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 am

Sooty to produce their next album! Wink

I'm glad they are carring on - Not that I like any of their new music, but they do fly the flag for Heavy Metal thums up

Fair play peace
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:23 am

Matty35 wrote:

I'm glad they are carring on - Not that I like any of their new music, but they do fly the flag for Heavy Metal thums up

Fair play peace

You don't like Iron Maiden and your a British person into Heavy Metal!?!?!? Shocked

Why haven't you been done for treason yet??!!?!? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:27 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Fair play peace

You don't like Iron Maiden and your a British person into Heavy Metal!?!?!? Shocked

I do own all their albums up to 7th son, but I know what you mean I have a couple of mates who think I'm a loon cause I don't dig Maiden anymore, they still think their new stuff is quality Rolling Eyes

Quality live band, Yes! Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:30 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Fair play peace

I do own all their albums up to 7th son, but I know what you mean I have a couple of mates who think I'm a loon cause I don't dig Maiden anymore, they still think their new stuff is quality Rolling Eyes

Me too! Not heard much modern stuff. Hey maybe I should be shot for treason too!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:32 am

me too.......
I can be shot for treason if I not in the U.K. right I mean come on Americans...like we have a value system....
kill
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 am

Chrissy wrote:
me too.......
I can be shot for treason if I not in the U.K. right I mean come on Americans...like we have a value system....
kill

So we all have up to Seventh Son and then gave up? confused scratch
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:37 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Fair play peace

Me too! Not heard much modern stuff. Hey maybe I should be shot for treason too!

Bringing Smith & Dickinson back was the best thing they did, they were "complete shite" without them Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Fair play peace

Bringing Smith & Dickinson back was the best thing they did, they were "complete shite" without them Evil or Very Mad

I dunno. Some of the stuff with Blaze Bayley is Ok...
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:43 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Fair play peace

I dunno. Some of the stuff with Blaze Bayley is Ok...

Just didn't like Bayley's voice, although sayin that I liked the 1st Wolfsbane CD. I met Bayley at Rock City once, one word - Knob! Mad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:51 am

Matty35 wrote:

Just didn't like Bayley's voice, although sayin that I liked the 1st Wolfsbane CD. I met Bayley at Rock City once, one word - Knob! Mad

Ok. Conversation over! Shocked Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:04 pm

Noooo!

Guys, you had a plan! Stick to it!!

PULEEEEEEEEAZE!!!!!!... Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:09 pm

RFFB wrote:
Noooo!

lol! lol! lol! lol! SWEET !!!! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:16 am

RFFB wrote:
Noooo!

I agree...it's terrible when bands gon on beyond there 'sell by date'...Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit Whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit   Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden Cancel Plans To Quit
Page 1 of 1