Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pantera Box Set in the works...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Pantera Box Set in the works... Empty
PostSubject: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:48 am

From Blabbermouth.com

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116201

During an appearance on the March 6 edition of "The Jim Rome Show" (one of the nation's premiere sports radio talk shows), DOWN/ex-PANTERA bassist Rex Brown confirmed that a PANTERA box set is in the works. According to Rex, the set will consist of much more than a simple repackaging of the existing CDs.

PANTERA's career overview CD, "The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!" (Elektra/Rhino), was certified platinum on January 13, 2006 by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments in excess of one million copies in the U.S. The band's classic "Vulgar Display of Power" (Elektra) album was certified double-platinum in 2004, signifying shipments of more than 2,000,000 units in the U.S. since its February 25, 1992 release.

Rhino Video in April 2006 released PANTERA's "3 Vulgar Videos From Hell" — a three-DVD set featuring all the band's videos as well as live footage shot during the Monsters of Rock gig in Moscow. Originally released on DVD in 1999, this version features the same content with improved menus and all-new Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. In fact, it is the first PANTERA release ever in 5.1 Surround Sound. It features: "Cowboys From Hell The Videos", "Vulgar Video", "3 Watch It Go", and "Pantera Live From Monsters of Rock In Moscow".

Dimebag Darrell was co-founder and lead guitarist for PANTERA. When PANTERA broke up in 2003, Dimebag and his brother Vinnie Paul formed DAMAGEPLAN. On Dec. 8, 2004, while performing with DAMAGEPLAN at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus, Ohio, Dimebag was shot and killed onstage by Nathan Gale. He was 38 years old
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:21 am

Cheers Pete, I already own "3 Vulgar Videos From Hell" on DVD, I may take a look at the 5.1 surround version thums up
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:24 am

Matty35 wrote:
Cheers Pete, I already own "3 Vulgar Videos From Hell" on DVD, I may take a look at the 5.1 surround version thums up

No worries. I need to get hold of CBFH & AVDOP again...mine have gone missing.... confused Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:25 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

No worries. I need to get hold of CBFH & AVDOP again...mine have gone missing.... confused Sad Sad

You liked Pantera?
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:26 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

You liked Pantera?

When I'm in a foul mood and need something really aggressive I enjoyed a little Pantera. Can't say I'm a MASSIVE fan but I enjoyed a bit now and then...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:57 am

I will definitely be interested in this !! rock on
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:30 am

Oh yeah ...I'm going shopping this week!!! Thanks for the heads up! cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:59 am

Marty wrote:

My pleasure young lady.

Ps. Interesting Avatar.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:08 am

Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:

My pleasure young lady.

Ps. Interesting Avatar.

Mom in 1940. I just miss her.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:11 am

Marty wrote:
Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:

My pleasure young lady.

Ps. Interesting Avatar.

Your Mom has an uncanny resemblance to Johnny Depp then.
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:50 am

Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:
Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:

My pleasure young lady.

Ps. Interesting Avatar.

Your Mom has an uncanny resemblance to Johnny Depp then.

lol! I couldn't make up my mind yesterday!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pantera Box Set in the works...   Pantera Box Set in the works... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera Box Set in the works...
Page 1 of 1