Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pantera Anyone?

Go down 
+5
Andyearny
RAZOR777
Chrissy
STLKINGV
Matty35
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:22 am

Lets get a little Pantera talk going..

Any fans here?

Your thoughts on Phil Anselmo?

Your thoughts on Dime & his passing?

Favourite Album?

Maybe you're not a fan, but did respect Dime because of the people he touched as a person & his music!

Whats your verdict?
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
STLKINGV

STLKINGV

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:04 am

I saw them showcase at The Foundations Forum Convention in 1991 I think. scratch It was in a ballroom that held about 1,000 people. They opened with "Cowboys From Hell".... rock on Fuggin place went apeshit!!!

I hung out with Dime and Vinny at the hotel bar after their set..... You guessed it, we were shitfaced drunk at midnight! drunken

Extreme went on after Pantera. Nuno is a monster player!!! thums up

Good times!

A~
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:08 am

I have always had a little like of Pantera. They sit on my threshold of a little to much for me but i still can dig them. Watch the VH1 behind the music and was stunned. made me love them even more and to hear the back story was amazing. My husband likes them a lot so i get to hear them from time to time.

Listening to the singers version of the story really made him at times look like a shit and at others you kind of felt bad for him. Doesn't seem like there is a lot of lost love there!
Back to top Go down
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:03 am

YEAH!!!!!! rock on

I love Pantera. Dime is a huge influence not only guitar-wise, but just as a fun-loving and cool guy. I saw them in 2000, and they were amazing. Here are some of my thoughts.

A. Favorite albums: Vulgar Display of Power, Live 101 Proof

B. Favorite song: I Can't Hide

C. Favorite guitar solos: Psycho Holiday, Goddamn Electric

D. Thoughts on Phil: I don't blame him for what happened. He is a tortured guy (mostly by his own devices), but I think he's turned things around
for himself. I wish him the best.

E. Dime's Death: One of the saddest occurrences in music. I was so upset when this happened and for a long time afterwards. I'm sad we'll
never be touched by his music and personality again. I remember the exact moment when I found out. I just couldn't believe
it.

F. My verdict: Pantera was and is one of my all-time favorite bands. Sounds cliche', but their music really did help me keep my chin down
and fortify me through a really tough few years of my life. For that, I'll be forever grateful.

RAZOR777
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:47 am

RAZOR777 wrote:
YEAH!!!!!! rock on

I love Pantera. Dime is a huge influence not only guitar-wise, but just as a fun-loving and cool guy. I saw them in 2000, and they were amazing. Here are some of my thoughts.

A. Favorite albums: Vulgar Display of Power, Live 101 Proof

B. Favorite song: I Can't Hide

C. Favorite guitar solos: Psycho Holiday, Goddamn Electric

D. Thoughts on Phil: I don't blame him for what happened. He is a tortured guy (mostly by his own devices), but I think he's turned things around
for himself. I wish him the best.

E. Dime's Death: One of the saddest occurrences in music. I was so upset when this happened and for a long time afterwards. I'm sad we'll
never be touched by his music and personality again. I remember the exact moment when I found out. I just couldn't believe
it.

F. My verdict: Pantera was and is one of my all-time favorite bands. Sounds cliche', but their music really did help me keep my chin down
and fortify me through a really tough few years of my life. For that, I'll be forever grateful.

RAZOR777

Now thats a fuckin top post!!! thums up

I saw them on the Vulgar tour back in 93, its still my favourite gig of all time...everyone was in a such a good mood the atmosphere was awesome.

I remember Dime hittin this dive bomb on the whammy bar..it was like a dog whistle man, the harmonic went so high in pitch it almost disappeared...i looked at my buddy & we both said "WTF"...unreal man!!

Phil has issues & regrets im sure of that, respect to Vinnie for gettin back in the saddle with Hellyeah.

One song by Pantera always pushes my buttons..."This Love"... that tune has everything...atmosphere, heavy riffing, great solo's, great singing...Perfection!

Dime & Zakk Wylde were rumoured to be planning a instrumental album together before Dime's death....fuck!!! imagine that.. not worthy2
Back to top Go down
Andyearny

Andyearny

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:49 am

Great post Razor!

I can only echo your sentiments. Dime touched everyone who came across him with his undeniable talent and larger than life persona, he was a legend, the world of metal lost one of their most talented brothers on that tragic day. I remember seeing them support Megadeth on their Countdown to Extinction tour in the UK, both bands were awesome but i went away with the Pantera show firmly etched on my brain forever! Dimes playing and guitar sound were incredible! Man if i could go back to one show and watch it again that would be it!

Vulgar Display has to be my overall fav album, dynamically it is phenomenal, songs, musicianship, production.....it has it all! Far Beyond has some insane stuff on it, Vinnie reaches his peak on that one, superb drumming, a metal drum god! Cowboys i love, really every one of their albums has something special to offer. As a unit the guys were unbeatable!

I do feel sorry for Phil and like you say Razor he does seem to be a tortured guy, i hope he continues to move forward, it must be such a mind fuck for him!

I just love this from Dimevision because it's so fuckin true........

R.I.P. Dime

Andy

rock on
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:24 am

Another great post!...Thanks Andy!

Ive not seen that clip before"...What a diamond geezer he was!!! Sad ...Its always very pleasing to see new stuff from passed legends.. not worthy2

Thanks mate.... thums up
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:41 am

Pantera is just about as heavy as I can take, but I like them. "Walk" is the song that made me perk up and listen. Dime was a riffmeister to say the least! Huge loss to music, not to mention what a class act I always hear he was.
Back to top Go down
Andyearny

Andyearny

Number of posts : 39

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:09 am

I will post that clip again with a new link.........seems slow on my pc!

While i'm here i just thought i'd post some more clips to remind everyone why Dime was the bollocks.......always puts a lump in my throat watching him do his shit! Get yourself a beer or whatever sit back and take the time to enjoy the man that was Dimebag Darrell and remember what a loss to metal he is!

Andy

rock on
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks Andy....I can't believe ive missed these on Youtube!!!! Shocked

We need to catch up mate on the chat feature here!! drunks

cheers

Matty.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Matty35 wrote:
Lets get a little Pantera talk going..

Any fans here? HUGE FAN!!! rock on

Your thoughts on Phil Anselmo? HE IS DEFINITELY IN THE RIGHT BUSINESS. HE HAS THE ATTITUDE AND PIPES TO FRONT SOME HEAVY BANDS. I NEED TO CHECK OUT A DOWN SHOW VERY SOON. I WAS SCHEDULED TO HAVE THE SAME NECK (CERVICAL SPINE) SURGERY HE HAD. No I CHICKENED OUT.

Your thoughts on Dime & his passing? I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH HE HAD TO PRACTICE TO GET THAT GOOD. HE'S JUST AMAZING. Shocked YET, HE SEEMED SO DOWN TO EARTH AND NOT CONCEITED. I ALSO DON'T KNOW HOW HE DRANK THAT HEAVY AND MAINTAINED. HE WAS PRETTY HOT LOOKING IF YOU ASK ME. I LIKED HIS STYLE AND HIS LONG HAIR AND GOATEE. THE WAY HE WENT OUT WAS COMPLETELY POINTLESS AND DEVISTATING. I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW HIS BROTHER FELT. THEY WERE SO CLOSE. Sad Crying or Very sad

Favourite Album? I CAN'T JUST PICK ONE FAVORITE. IT DEPENDS WHAT I AM DOING ''VULGAR'' WHEN I AM RUNNING FEW MILES. IT HELPS ME GET NICE AND PISSED OFF! Twisted Evil I LOVE THEIR REMAKE OF SABBATH'S PLANET CARAVAN I ALSO ENJOY WATCHING & LISTENING TO THE VULGAR VIDEO'S FROM HELL DVD!! Smile

Maybe you're not a fan, but did respect Dime because of the people he touched as a person & his music!

Whats your verdict? PROBABLY MY FAVORITE METAL BAND!!! thums up MARTY
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:39 am

Great music for when you're in a foul mood, apart from that I can take 'em or leave em..
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:25 am

Pete wrote:
Great music for when you're in a foul mood, apart from that I can take 'em or leave em..

Totally understand mate, not everyones cup of tea.. Wink

Where's Rog??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:27 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

Where's Rog??? Suspect

A sleep I'd guess! (He currently works nights).
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:33 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

Where's Rog??? Suspect

Ohh right! thums up
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:40 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

Where's Rog??? Suspect

Ohh right! thums up

I'm sure he'll be along soonish...

Back to thread, kinda like the sleazy glammed up Pantera (and a couple of the noisy ones, Walk etc) and was upset when Dime got shot. No one deserves to die like that.
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:16 pm

There awsome!
RIP dimebag!
Back to top Go down
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

Number of posts : 90

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:24 pm

I put this in the "Your Noise" section, but I figured I'd include it here, since it IS down-tuned (a whole step) and has to do with Pantera! What a Face

Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=665XL8mDvSo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pantera Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera Anyone?   Pantera Anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera Anyone?
Page 1 of 1