Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats In Your Cd Player?

Go down 
+3
Pete
Rev
Frethead
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 am

Chrissy wrote:
listened to Monster a few times through. It grows on you which is good.

Roger you're waiting!!!!!!! who are you?

Yes, it does indeed grow on you...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 pm

damn it.

I really am outta sorts right now.

I freakin deleted my own post... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by RFFB on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:12 am

Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 Kisslogo - Sonic Boom.

Swimming against the tide of opinion I prefer this to Monster (for the moment at least). It's a more cohesive record in my opinion, sounds more like Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 Kisslogo
and has a couple of anthems on it. Given time Monster may surpass Sonic Boom but right now Sonic Boom is in my top ten Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 Kisslogo records, Monsters on the outside looking in (along with Dynasty, Unmasked & Music From The Elder!)...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Want to hear a truely outstanding new KISS album?

Then burn these to CD in order:
All for The Glory/Shout Mercy/Stand/When Lightning Strikes/Long Way Down/HoH/Outta This World/Danger Us/Last Chance/Take Me Down Below/Say Yeah...

FUCKIN OUTSTANDING!!!!

and not a shite Gene cliched riff or dumb as fuck lyric anywhere. Did you notice!?!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 am

RFFB wrote:

All for The Glory/Shout Mercy/Stand/When Lightning Strikes/Long Way Down/HoH/Outta This World/Danger Us/Last Chance/Take Me Down Below/Say Yeah...

FUCKIN OUTSTANDING!!!!

and not a shite Gene cliched riff or dumb as fuck lyric anywhere. Did you notice!?!

Hang on!!!! Take Me Down Below..."I told her I got a Submarine, she said I know what you mean'!!! If they aren't dumb I don't know what is!!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing

Good album though. Is it a Sonic Monster or a Monster Boom?!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:45 am

My normal copy has just dropped through the letter box. As I'm just off to bed it'll have to wait 'til later and I'll listen to it on the way to work.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:23 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

FUCKIN OUTSTANDING!!!!

Hang on!!!! Take Me Down Below..."I told her I got a Submarine, she said I know what you mean'!!! If they aren't dumb I don't know what is!!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing

Good album though. Is it a Sonic Monster or a Monster Boom?!
Ah, you gotta give them a little bit of slack! That's no diff to Torpedo Girl! At least that line is kinda funny, where as much of the really bads ones are just cringingly(sp) BAD!!!

And in respect to the order of release it's 'Sonic Monster!'. Played it quite a few times and I haven't skipped a single tune once! Seriously, if they put out an album with tunes that good it would be stunning.

But, I have found where I think the problem is. Gene. I put a post up on 'the other site' about this so I won't repeat myself here. But it's Gene!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:37 am

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:45 am

Roger. H wrote:
My normal copy has just dropped through the letter box. As I'm just off to bed it'll have to wait 'til later and I'll listen to it on the way to work.

After two listens the jury is still out. Will give it another go to and from work again tonight and have a think about it. But my first thoughts are disappointing. Sad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:26 am

Roger. H wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

After two listens the jury is still out. Will give it another go to and from work again tonight and have a think about it. But my first thoughts are disappointing. Sad

It's a grower I guess...as ylou have said elsewhere...a competent hard rock album but nothing special...haven't listened to it for a few days...

Got to say I prefer VH's comeback album to Monster.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Roger. H wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

I actually think what you put on 'that site' is pretty fair.

It has grown on me since getting it, but it's really nuthin special. 'Competent' about sums it up. I think as I wasn't really expecting much from this effort that as it wasn't as bad as I expected has helped make it sound better!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:14 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

I actually think what you put on 'that site' is pretty fair.

It has grown on me since getting it, but it's really nuthin special. 'Competent' about sums it up. I think as I wasn't really expecting much from this effort that as it wasn't as bad as I expected has helped make it sound better!

Think I'll try it again today...
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:00 am

Ace - Trouble Walkin'...

Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:02 am

Pete wrote:
Ace - Trouble Walkin'...
Trouble Walkin is a surprisingly solid rock album!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:08 am

I'm bored of 'Monster'. I played Sonic Boom to death. Seriously pissed Ruth of big style playing it over &over again. Monster just has not grabbed me at all. Now this may just be down to the fact that the PC is fkd so iTunes & is down so it's not on my iPod but it just hasn't grabbed me at all...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:13 am

Pete wrote:
I'm bored of 'Monster'. I played Sonic Boom to death. Seriously pissed Ruth of big style playing it over &over again. Monster just has not grabbed me at all. Now this may just be down to the fact that the PC is fkd so iTunes & is down so it's not on my iPod but it just hasn't grabbed me at all...
Have to say I have only ever liked 5 tunes on SB. The rest is awful. MONSTER has 6 which I really like, 2 undecided and 3 awful tunes.

Si in all truth not much between them in my book. I just think the good songs on MONSTER are better than the good tunes on SB, Say Yeah being the exception cos that tune is a genuine classic and is a seriously brilliant song.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:13 am

Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:39 am

iPod's on shuffle...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:22 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Have to say I have only ever liked 5 tunes on SB. The rest is awful. MONSTER has 6 which I really like, 2 undecided and 3 awful tunes.

Si in all truth not much between them in my book. I just think the good songs on MONSTER are better than the good tunes on SB, Say Yeah being the exception cos that tune is a genuine classic and is a seriously brilliant song.

In my humble opinion KISS have been putting out solid but average albums out since my personal Holy Trinity of Destroyer/Rock And Rock Over/Love Gun. They have never really recaptured those heady days. But I still love the band (in whatever form) and will always go to the gigs and buy most of the crappy memorabillia. I just can't help myself !! But as to sitting down and listening to the albums, yeah on occasion I will but not often. There are far more better/talented bands out there that derserve my attention.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:28 am

Roger. H wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

In my humble opinion KISS have been putting out solid but average albums out since my personal Holy Trinity of Destroyer/Rock And Rock Over/Love Gun. They have never really recaptured those heady days. But I still love the band (in whatever form) and will always go to the gigs and buy most of the crappy memorabillia. I just can't help myself !! But as to sitting down and listening to the albums, yeah on occasion I will but not often. There are far more better/talented bands out there that deserve my attention.

Not just your personal trinity. I agree. They have some great albums but as you say, never captured the magic of those three...

I have Kiss sessions where I will listen to a lot of the material but often go a very long time without listening to them. I do think that a Kiss show is much better than a Kiss record which Alive! obviously exploited.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:33 am

Thank you for a nice level headed and measured reply. It's so nice to be able to air an opinion without the fear of WW III breaking out. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:36 am

Roger. H wrote:
Thank you for a nice level headed and measured reply. It's so nice to be able to air an opinion without the fear of WW III breaking out. Rolling Eyes

Hang on!

You fking what? Not a decent record since 1977's Love Gun? You fking disgrace. How dare you. Everything since 1978 (icluding peter's solo') is all fking stellar! Kiss have broken musical barriers with some of the late 70's & 80's output!! Honestly I don't know how the fk you can call yourself a Kiss fan!!!?!?!?!? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Better? Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:37 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:47 am

Roger. H wrote:
lol! lol! lol!

Kiss are a very important part of my life (as I sit here in Kiss baseball shirt, RNRO Vans & Kiss Army Denim to the side off me) however they are just a band. Sure they've helpd me get through some shit & always been there for me but there is more (not much!!) to live than them. I enjoy Monster and I'm happy that in 202 Kiss are still out there releasing new music & touring but when it all ends I ain't gonna do anything daft. I'll have my memories & a loft full of crap... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:17 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
In my humble opinion KISS have been putting out solid but average albums out since my personal Holy Trinity of Destroyer/Rock And Rock Over/Love Gun. They have never really recaptured those heady days. But I still love the band (in whatever form) and will always go to the gigs and buy most of the crappy memorabillia. I just can't help myself !! But as to sitting down and listening to the albums, yeah on occasion I will but not often. There are far more better/talented bands out there that deserve my attention.

Not just your personal trinity. I agree. They have some great albums but as you say, never captured the magic of those three...

I have Kiss sessions where I will listen to a lot of the material but often go a very long time without listening to them. I do think that a Kiss show is much better than a Kiss record which Alive! obviously exploited.
Well thiose 3 albums are, without question, the Holy Trinity of RnR and to this day if I listen to any of them it takes me back to being a kid and to a time and place that will never be recaptured. But for me, I can happily listen to Dynasty, Unmasked & LIU as complete albums with a couple of exceptions (Easy As It Seems & Shandi...WHY!!!?... :devil puker: ) but all the others (Even Creatures) suffer from poor song choices and the unfortunate inclusion of piss poor GS tunes until REVENGE. If it wasn't for PS turning out some cool tunes KISS would have been dead and buried in the mid 80's. Not saying all GS tunes in that period were bad, but the bad ones were just AWFUL!!!!! Even PS turned out some turkeys.

I often wonder how bad the songs they threw out must have been if the songs that made it onto the albums were truely the best they could write!

Pete, like you I often go months and not listen to anything by KISS. It's like I know the albums so well there's no need. But when I do play them, wow, it stirs something way down inside!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats In Your Cd Player?   Whats In Your Cd Player? - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats In Your Cd Player?
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next