Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lucky, Lucky Lucky!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Lucky, Lucky Lucky! Empty
PostSubject: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:48 am

http://menmedia.co.uk/macclesfieldexpress/news/s/1416379_video-roof-torn-off-double-decker-bus-as-it-crashes-under-11ft-high-railway-bridge-in-macclesfield

Quote :
Passengers miraculously escaped without serious injuries when a double-decker bus crashed into a railway bridge.

The roof of the number 21 Arriva bus was ripped off when it ploughed into a bridge on Silks Road in Macclesfield town centre. Witnesses reported passengers on the top deck ducking down to avoid the bridge.

Three passengers were taken to hospital by ambulance suffering minor injuries. Arriva buses has launched an investigation

Ryan Bradley, 24 had just finished work at the Nag’s Head pub near the bridge and watched the drama unfold.

He said: "I heard the crunch as it went under the bridge, looked up and instead of stopping the driver just drove through and carried on driving."

A motorist who was heading into the tunnel as the bus emerged said: "I looked up and saw the realisation on the bus driver’s face. She was in shock. It just complete disbelief at what had happened.

"There were two guys on the top deck. They’d hit the deck as the bus came out and looked petrified as they stood up. It could have been much worse. There were just minor injuries.

"To be honest I still feel completely out-of-body. It’s a lot for my brain to take in."

Trains on the West Coast Main Line, including one heading for Manchester, were delayed while the railway tracks over the bridge were inspected.

Nick Jones, 40, who was on the train, said: "We were pulling in when it happened.

"I was right at the front of the train so I looked down and just the whole top of the bus had come off and the police and fire crews were arriving.

"We were stuck on the platform for ten minutes and then told the train had terminated."

Firefighter Andy Humberside, watch commander at Macclesfield fire station, was on his way to work when he came across the aftermath.

He said: "I stopped at the scene to give assistance or any first aid. From what I could see there were only a few people with just cuts and bruises. They were lucky it wasn’t worse."

The three casualties were taken to Macclesfield District General Hospital and were later send home after treatment. The incident happened shortly before 5.38pm yesterday and train services resumed when the bridge was declared safe at 6.52pm.

A spokesman for Arriva said: "We can confirm one of our buses was involved in a collision with a low bridge in Buxton Road, Macclesfield town centre. A full investigation is underway."

This happened in my home town! affraid Shocked
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:01 am

Woah! It's years since I heard of a bus/bridge collision. This happened where I used to live when I was a mere kid. Strange it should happen now tho? Good job no-one got seriously hurt...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:10 am

A bridge too far.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:12 am

Roger. H wrote:
A bridge too far.

Is there no respite from your puns? Shocked Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:31 am

like a bridge over troubled water.....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:33 am

Chrissy wrote:
like a bridge over troubled water.....

Aaargh!!! Shocked Evil or Very Mad

Actually it was a bridge over a main road.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 am

It's hard to keep track of this.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 am

Roger. H wrote:
It's hard to keep track of this.

I'm going Loco here!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:50 am

Now I've lost my train of thought now !!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 am

Roger. H wrote:
Now I've lost my train of thought now !!

You going off the rails then?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:58 am

Now that I've had some time to sleeper on it, I find this thread 1st class.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:07 am

Roger. H wrote:
Now that I've had some time to sleeper on it, I find this thread 1st class.

Sigh... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:54 am

Pete wrote:
http://menmedia.co.uk/macclesfieldexpress/news/s/1416379_video-roof-torn-off-double-decker-bus-as-it-crashes-under-11ft-high-railway-bridge-in-macclesfield

Quote :
Passengers miraculously escaped without serious injuries when a double-decker bus crashed into a railway bridge.

The roof of the number 21 Arriva bus was ripped off when it ploughed into a bridge on Silks Road in Macclesfield town centre. Witnesses reported passengers on the top deck ducking down to avoid the bridge.

Three passengers were taken to hospital by ambulance suffering minor injuries. Arriva buses has launched an investigation

Ryan Bradley, 24 had just finished work at the Nag’s Head pub near the bridge and watched the drama unfold.

He said: "I heard the crunch as it went under the bridge, looked up and instead of stopping the driver just drove through and carried on driving."

A motorist who was heading into the tunnel as the bus emerged said: "I looked up and saw the realisation on the bus driver’s face. She was in shock. It just complete disbelief at what had happened.

"There were two guys on the top deck. They’d hit the deck as the bus came out and looked petrified as they stood up. It could have been much worse. There were just minor injuries.

"To be honest I still feel completely out-of-body. It’s a lot for my brain to take in."

Trains on the West Coast Main Line, including one heading for Manchester, were delayed while the railway tracks over the bridge were inspected.

Nick Jones, 40, who was on the train, said: "We were pulling in when it happened.

"I was right at the front of the train so I looked down and just the whole top of the bus had come off and the police and fire crews were arriving.

"We were stuck on the platform for ten minutes and then told the train had terminated."

Firefighter Andy Humberside, watch commander at Macclesfield fire station, was on his way to work when he came across the aftermath.

He said: "I stopped at the scene to give assistance or any first aid. From what I could see there were only a few people with just cuts and bruises. They were lucky it wasn’t worse."

The three casualties were taken to Macclesfield District General Hospital and were later send home after treatment. The incident happened shortly before 5.38pm yesterday and train services resumed when the bridge was declared safe at 6.52pm.

A spokesman for Arriva said: "We can confirm one of our buses was involved in a collision with a low bridge in Buxton Road, Macclesfield town centre. A full investigation is underway."

This happened in my home town! affraid Shocked

The driver must've been high on Harry Potter
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Lowerus Bridgedous !!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:07 am

Roger. H wrote:
Lowerus Bridgedous !!!!

Shrinkus Buses!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:43 am

Farerious Pleaseious.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 4:59 am

Roger. H wrote:
Farerious Pleaseious.

Instantus Opentopus Busus
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:01 am

Oh Fucckious Duckthyheadeous !!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:04 am

Roger. H wrote:
Oh Fucckious Duckthyheadeous !!!

Tightus Squeezus
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 am

Tightarse !!?? That can describe a few on KUK !!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:09 am

Roger. H wrote:
Tightarse !!?? That can describe a few on KUK !!! Laughing Laughing

Whom are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:38 am

Those who have deep pockets and short arms when at the bar. Mentioning no names. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:43 am

Roger. H wrote:
Those who have deep pockets and short arms when at the bar. Mentioning no names. Very Happy

And a mass of hair?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:50 am

I couldn't possibly comment.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:05 am

Roger. H wrote:
I couldn't possibly comment.

Absolutely not! Spot on their sir.
Anyway getting back to the story it appears the driver was given the wrong bus for that route...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucky, Lucky Lucky!   Lucky, Lucky Lucky! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucky, Lucky Lucky!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: