Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good luck RFFB

Go down 
+4
Frethead
Marty
Pete
Chrissy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:16 am

He's gonna kill me for doing this...But today is Adam's last day at work. So I wanted to take this opportunity to wish him luck on his future..I'll let him spill the details ...

So good luck to you....x cheer
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:19 am

Chrissy wrote:
He's gonna kill me for doing this...But today is Adam's last day at work. So I wanted to take this opportunity to wish him luck on his future..I'll let him spill the details ...

Good luck sir, in whatever it is you do!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Good luck sir, in whatever it is you do!

Good Luck on your future Adam... group hug
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:26 am

Hope that you find something that is stimulating and worthwhile, in the near future. Good health and good fortune are yours, buddy. Nanu-nanu geek thums up exploding bog rock on
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:05 am

good luck.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:28 am

Hope all goes well for you, my good syberspace friend. thums up
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:17 am

Roger H wrote:
Hope all goes well for you, my good syberspace friend. thums up

Or even Cyberspace huh... Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:11 am

: idiot2 idiot2 41: na na na na na na :the finger: :the finger: :stfu: :stfu: na na na na na na
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:13 am

Roger H wrote:
: idiot2 idiot2 41: na na na na na na :the finger: :the finger: :stfu: :stfu: na na na na na na

cheesin'

:the roger:

:giant gene:
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:16 pm

Ok...seeing as Chrissy has kinda opened the stable door!!!!

As I posted prev, I think!, I was given an end date for my job as 20th Sept about 2 weeks ago. As agency staff workin for the govn I knew it was comin but I thought I had at least until October. For those non UK peeps on here, we have a new govn (booo!) who want/need (take your pick) to make £6 Billion, yes billion! amount of savings. Govn services are being slashed and major cutbacks are takin place.

I became a victim of these cutbacks.

Due to other reasons I had already decided I was goin to leave but this kinda made things much more urgent. So, I registered with a load of agencies and was applying for loads of jobs. Found one and sent my CV out on a Wed evening. Got a phone call the next mornin askin me to come to interview the same day so off I went! The wages the emp was offering were awful, told him I couldn't work for that and then he said he'd match what I'm on now. Still not a great wage but that was very good of him!

Then we talked about how I'd get to work as it isn't local to where I live. After much discussion he offered to pay my train fare from Wolves to Shrewsbury!!! Outstanding!!! He offered me the job the next day!!!! Prob was when I looked into public transport I found I couldnt get home!!!! The last bus from the workplace to Shrewsbury is 6pm and I'd be finishing after that. Bummer! After much debate with myself I reluctently had to turn down the job. Gutted.

I get a phone call on Monday from the employer asking me why I turned down the job. I expalined the situation and to my utter amazement he said he'd pay for taxi's to get me back into Shrewsbury so I could get the train home!!!!!! Shocked Stunned! Completely! So, that was it! I took the job!!!!!

So now I have a real job...not agency...paid travel (on the whole) I have to pay £1.70 per day to get from Shrewsbury to work...oh, the shame!!! and he matched my present wage!

I still cannot believe it! Keep thinking it's some sick joke! But it's real! So...stroll on Tuesday. New job, new start and hopefully a brighter future!!!!!!!

What a week I've had!!!!!... Very Happy

Oh...the job, nothing exciting just taking orders over the phone but he's looking to expand into new areas of business so there's hopefully room to move on up!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:33 pm

cheer cheer cheer rock on rock on rock on thums up thums up thums up :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :dance baby: :dance baby: :dance baby: :dance baby: party party cheers cheers cheers
Very happy for you mate !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Congrats dude! Glad to hear it didn't take long and sounds like you have a really cool boss! cheer
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Roger H wrote:
cheer cheer cheer rock on rock on rock on thums up thums up thums up :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :dance baby: :dance baby: :dance baby: :dance baby: party party cheers cheers cheers
Very happy for you mate !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Me too Mate!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:59 pm

See Oh Evil Master.....What good friends we have here....xx
You are gonna kick ass next week!!!.... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:02 am

Thanks to all of you for your best wishes and kind thoughts.

It actually means a lot!

I don't have the most optimistic outlook on life but, for some reason, I have a good feeling about this.

Roll on Tuesday!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:34 am

RFFB wrote:

It actually means a lot!

I don't have the most optimistic outlook on life but, for some reason, I have a good feeling about this.

Really !!??? I never noticed !!! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:29 am

RFFB wrote:

It actually means a lot!

Good luck mate!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:28 am

Thank you, Pete!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good luck RFFB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good luck RFFB   Good luck RFFB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good luck RFFB
Page 1 of 1