Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any one for Dokken?

Go down 
+7
MrDan
Shelby
RAZOR777
'Scope
Pete
Matty35
Holoflash
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:49 pm

O.k. back to Dokken

I love them even though Don is a ass these days. I hear their music especially "Burning like a flame" and it takes me back. Thats some good music, the kind you got all hot and heavy with your love back in the day too, and can you say enough about Lynch on the guitar! Other than some of their stupid videos (dream warrior) etc. they still are one of my favorites.

Now add to that my total love of Lynch Mob!
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 pm

Chrissy wrote:
O.k. back to Dokken

I love them even though Don is a ass these days. I hear their music especially "Burning like a flame" and it takes me back. Thats some good music, the kind you got all hot and heavy with your love back in the day too, and can you say enough about Lynch on the guitar! Other than some of their stupid videos (dream warrior) etc. they still are one of my favorites.

Now add to that my total love of Lynch Mob!
I LOVE the Dream Warriors video! :you fool:
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Ouch!

HaHaHa..... lol!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:32 am

kokeakola wrote:

So does Upscope!! :you fool:

'Scope
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:57 am

Chrissy wrote:
Ouch!

HaHaHa..... lol!
tongue
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 6:57 am

'Scope wrote:
kokeakola wrote:

So does Upscope!! :you fool:

'Scope
Yeah....what HE said! afro
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:30 am

Dokken in the 80's was great, they have a couple good tunes off the Dysfunctional cd and the new one is pretty good. I really like GL's older stuff, but I have been listening to a lot of his instrumental stuff on Youtube and he is just too freestyle for me now. I like when he plays songs and puts solos in songs, but when he just wanks, it bores me.
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:10 am

laxcdn wrote:
Dokken in the 80's was great, they have a couple good tunes off the Dysfunctional cd and the new one is pretty good. I really like GL's older stuff, but I have been listening to a lot of his instrumental stuff on Youtube and he is just too freestyle for me now. I like when he plays songs and puts solos in songs, but when he just wanks, it bores me.

+1 I agree with that!
I liked Georges older stuff much better! Like in the Back for the attack cd! His new stuff is good but it starting to become fretboard masturbation and is loosing my interest as well! I like that Don went back to the older style to please the hunger of his original fans! I hope he sticks to it! Now If George would just do that to I would start to buy his cd's again!
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:44 am

Holoflash wrote:
laxcdn wrote:

+1 I agree with that!
I liked Georges older stuff much better! Like in the Back for the attack cd! His new stuff is good but it starting to become fretboard masturbation and is loosing my interest as well! I like that Don went back to the older style to please the hunger of his original fans! I hope he sticks to it! Now If George would just do that to I would start to buy his cd's again!
Yeah, George was firing on all cylinders on Back For The Attack, His first and second Lynch Mob's, and on Sacred Groove, his solo disc. After that, he started losing me. And I count him as a huge inspiration, so I don't say that lightly!
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:20 am

I haven't bought Souls and don't know if I will. I might download it to see if I want to buy it. I hope that the new LM cd is good. I would really like to be able to go to NAMM next year and meet a bunch of the guys, but to watch GL do a freestyle solo over backing tracks, just doesn't do it for me. I think he is stretching his playing out and (to me at least) it isn't very palitable. I wish he would slow it down a bit and back off some of the extreme.

Lots of people are ripping on Levin, but I think he is doing the Dokken stuff well and is influenced by GL a lot and that is why he sounds like him. But didn't SRV sound like Jimi and King? I wish I could play like GL, RC, WDM, etc. If I could I would abuse my talent too.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:23 am

laxcdn wrote:
I haven't bought Souls and don't know if I will. I might download it to see if I want to buy it. I hope that the new LM cd is good. I would really like to be able to go to NAMM next year and meet a bunch of the guys, but to watch GL do a freestyle solo over backing tracks, just doesn't do it for me. I think he is stretching his playing out and (to me at least) it isn't very palitable. I wish he would slow it down a bit and back off some of the extreme.

Lots of people are ripping on Levin, but I think he is doing the Dokken stuff well and is influenced by GL a lot and that is why he sounds like him. But didn't SRV sound like Jimi and King? I wish I could play like GL, RC, WDM, etc. If I could I would abuse my talent too.

That Avatar rocks!
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:39 am

laxcdn wrote:
but to watch GL do a freestyle solo over backing tracks, just doesn't do it for me. I think he is stretching his playing out and (to me at least) it isn't very palitable. I wish he would slow it down a bit and back off some of the extreme.

You know I agree with ya 100% on that bro!
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 pm

laxcdn wrote:

I see no reason to rip on Levin. He smokes! He may sound a lot like Lynch, but that's what Dokken needs! I saw him live and he's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:42 pm

kokeakola wrote:
laxcdn wrote:

I see no reason to rip on Levin. He smokes! He may sound a lot like Lynch, but that's what Dokken needs! I saw him live and he's amazing.

I think the new Dokken album is really good...Levin is a Lynch clone, but as long as its good I dont give a shit!! rock on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:13 am

The only rips on Levin are that he sounds too much like George. Well it's not easy sounding like George ya know & if Upscope goes to a Dokken show that's exactly what he wants to hear. He wants to hear the songs the way they were meant to be played. This is far better than the guy that wants to turn them around & add his own twist too them which is NEVER better btw.

Levin is just fine in Upscope's book.

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any one for Dokken?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3