Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any one for Dokken?

Go down 
+7
MrDan
Shelby
RAZOR777
'Scope
Pete
Matty35
Holoflash
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:06 am

MrDan wrote:
Dokken rules.. Lynch is definitly one of my biggest influences on guitar!

My favourite Dokken cd is Under Lock And Key, so i have to recommend that one..

But the one i listen to the most.. is actually Don Dokken's solo CD, 'Up From The Ashes'. The two guitarists are Billy White and John Norum, and they absolutely tear it up like madmen!! Doesnt get much better than that!!

Ohh you know it!!!! Wink

Up from the ashes is a killer album (postin this one in the forgotten gems section now)

Billy White is a top player, but John Norum is the "daddy"!!!!!!!!!!!! not worthy

Nice one mate!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 am

LOVE Dokken! They were always one of my favorites. George Lynch was a big influence on me. I recommend starting with ANY of the first 4 albums...."Breaking The Chains", Tooth and Nail", "Under Lock and Key", or "Back For The Attack". Can't go wrong there!
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:03 am

kokeakola wrote:
George Lynch was a big influence -Tooth and Nail"!

I agree bro, I'm with ya on that!! rok on
Years back, the very first song I learned to play all the way threw was Dokken's "tooth and nail"! There will always be a place in my heart for that song because of it!! On a side note I must admit, I liked Don's singing best on the "kiss of death" album! Over all, I'm just happy that we can use IPod's and XM satellite radio to escape the Rap music epidemic otherwise being whored out these days!
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:10 am

Holoflash wrote:
kokeakola wrote:

Years back, the very first song I learned to play all the way threw was Dokken's "tooth and nail"! There will always be a place in my heart for that song because of it!! On a side note I must admit, I liked Don's singing best on the "kiss of death" album! Over all, I'm just happy that we can use IPod's and XM satellite radio to escape the Rap music epidemic otherwise being whored out these days!
Amen! Calling that rap shit "music" is an insult. Also, it seems to be a current trend to call these douchbags "rock stars"..... they are NOT rock stars. The term rock star connotates having a talent of some kind....enough said. I'm off my soap box now. burst into flames
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 am

kokeakola wrote:
Amen! Calling that rap shit "music" is an insult. Also, it seems to be a current trend to call these douchbags "rock stars"..... they are NOT rock stars. The term rock star connotates having a talent of some kind....enough said. I'm off my soap box now. burst into flames

Come on now Koke, you gotta give these guys credit. They are very talented.......DRUG DEALERS!!! And they are also extremely talented at handling fire arms!!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:49 am

'Scope wrote:
kokeakola wrote:

Come on now Koke, you gotta give these guys credit. They are very talented.......DRUG DEALERS!!! And they are also extremely talented at handling fire arms!!

'Scope

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Holoflash

Holoflash

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:01 am

kokeakola wrote:
Holoflash wrote:
kokeakola wrote:

Well stated bro! I could not agree with you more an all the above! They are wanting to be called "rock stars" now?..... they are NOT rock stars!

Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 RapMusic

Last edited by Holoflash on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:03 am

LMAO! lol! Good one Scope!

Here is another example I hate! How many times have we heard a re hack of a pre existing song rock or otherwise (sometimes a classic) were some Rap guy has violated it by adding there own grunting, banter and beats to just to call it music and take credit as if it was all originally wrote buy them?! I always hated that! I know some bands consent to it but it still gets under my skin either way! oh well! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:38 pm

'Scope wrote:
kokeakola wrote:

'Scope
lmao! Not really.....they hit innocent bystanders more often than who they're aiming for! lol!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:25 pm

Feel the love for Dokken!!!

The only Dokken I own is 'Under Lock & Key'...fantastic. Just never seemed to get round to getting anything else...to my shame...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Holoflash wrote:

Here is another example I hate! How many times have we heard a re hack of a pre existing song rock or otherwise (sometimes a classic) were some Rap guy has violated it by adding there own grunting, banter and beats to just to call it music and take credit as if it was all originally wrote buy them?! I always hated that! I know some bands consent to it but it still gets under my skin either way! oh well! Laughing
Aw man!! It bugs the crap outta me too!

The first time I ever noticed a rock sample was KISS' 'Christine Sixteen' in 'Funky Cool Medena' (sp) by some rap dude (an OK song in truth...it was funky!!!)...then we had the (supposedly) 'classic' Run DMC/Aerosmith 'Walk This Way'...WHY!!!! I hate this version!!! Always have. Always will.

But the worst example is whichever doosh bag did 'Kashmir' by Zeppelin. Jimmy...WTF were you thinkin!!!...I had (what turned into!) a stand up arguement with some idiot who insisted the rap dude had written the song! He just would NOT believe it was a Zeppelin song..."He wouldn't cover some rock sh*t, especially those old farts!" this moron insisted...I wanted to ram this fools head where the sun don't shine!!! Aaarrrrggghhhh!!!... kill
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:01 pm

RFFB wrote:
Holoflash wrote:

Aw man!! It bugs the crap outta me too!

The first time I ever noticed a rock sample was KISS' 'Christine Sixteen' in 'Funky Cool Medena' (sp) by some rap dude (an OK song in truth...it was funky!!!)...then we had the (supposedly) 'classic' Run DMC/Aerosmith 'Walk This Way'...WHY!!!! I hate this version!!! Always have. Always will.

But the worst example is whichever doosh bag did 'Kashmir' by Zeppelin. Jimmy...WTF were you thinkin!!!...I had (what turned into!) a stand up arguement with some idiot who insisted the rap dude had written the song! He just would NOT believe it was a Zeppelin song..."He wouldn't cover some rock sh*t, especially those old farts!" this moron insisted...I wanted to ram this fools head where the sun don't shine!!! Aaarrrrggghhhh!!!... kill

lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this strong about the matter!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Holoflash wrote:

It ain't just rappers either...Kid Rock... kill
Why does he exist!!!!????

I don't see any talent in taking other peoples songs and putting your own words over the top... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:14 pm

RFFB wrote:
Holoflash wrote:

I don't see any talent in taking other peoples songs and putting your own words over the top... Rolling Eyes

When I first heard the musical abortion that was made of the' 1975 classic Led Zeppelin song “Kashmir” that the rapper Puff Daddy (Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs) re hacked in 1998, I was immediately disturbed! There was lots of grunting at the beginning of it! Sounded like he was getting raped in prison!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXc3glQTDpI

Any way.............. at least Dokken didn't allow there music to get violated! I think maybe one girl group did a re make of one of there songs but nothing rap if I remember correctly!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Holoflash wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Holoflash wrote:

When I first heard the musical abortion that was made of the' 1975 classic Led Zeppelin song “Kashmir” that the rapper Puff Daddy (Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs) re hacked in 1998, I was immediately disturbed! There was lots of grunting at the beginning of it! Sounded like he was getting raped in prison!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXc3glQTDpI
lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 pm

RFFB wrote:
Holoflash wrote:

I'll admit, I like some Kid Rock. Met him not too long ago. He was a super great guy and i dig his paitriatism. If some of you can like Pink and Brintney then I get Kid-so there!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:07 pm

Chrissy wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Holoflash wrote:

I'll admit, I like some Kid Rock. Met him not too long ago. He was a super great guy and i dig his paitriatism. If some of you can like Pink and Brintney then I get Kid-so there!
I'll be honest here and admit that he is one of those artists I've got a block to. All the stuff I've heard he has just sampled other groups songs and stuck his words on them. If he does write his own tunes then fair enough...it's just I ain't heard them!!!

Not knocking him as a person...don't know anything about him, just 'his' music.
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:18 pm

RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Holoflash wrote:

I'll be honest here and admit that he is one of those artists I've got a block to. All the stuff I've heard he has just sampled other groups songs and stuck his words on them. If he does write his own tunes then fair enough...it's just I ain't heard them!!!

I have very little use for him too.
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:06 pm

kokeakola wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Holoflash wrote:

I have very little use for him too.

As a person he seams like a cool guy and respect that he's in the game but as a musician I'm not so crazy about his music! I'm just not buying the (look at me, I'm a hard ass rocker) image! That's essentially what turned me away in the first place...Jmho!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:13 am

Holoflash wrote:

As a person he seams like a cool guy and respect that he's in the game but as a musician I'm not so crazy about his music! I'm just not buying the (look at me, I'm a hard ass rocker) image! That's essentially what turned me away in the first place...Jmho!
Yeah, does come across as 'trying too hard'...just a bit fake.
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Chrissy wrote:

Upscope admits that he would like to run Kid Rock over w/ his car. Then back UP & run him over again just to make sure??

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:46 pm

'Scope wrote:

Upscope admits that he would like to run Kid Rock over w/ his car. Then back UP & run him over again just to make sure??

'Scope

lol!

Last edited by Holoflash on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:15 pm

'Scope wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

'Scope
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
I take it you don't him then?

lol!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:20 pm

RFFB wrote:
'Scope wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

'Scope
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
I take it you don't him then?

lol!

He's not bad..................As long as his mouth is shut?? cheer

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:33 pm

That kinda makes it hard for him to do his job then!!... Laughing

Welcome to the Kid Rock does mime show!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one for Dokken?   Any one for Dokken? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any one for Dokken?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next