Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song”

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song” Empty
PostSubject: Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song”   Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song” I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:29 am

From Classic rockmagazine.com

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... -sht-song/

Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott has said that he doesn’t think that the Sheffield combo have ever written a dodgy song.

The following exchange is taken from Elliott’s interview with Herald.ie:

Herald.ie: For the reissues of 1983’s “Pyromania” and 1992’s “Adrenalize” was it a walk in the park, or did you tread carefully?

Joe Elliott: “It’s not a case of treading carefully, it’s just like looking back over some old photobook, but an audio one. It’s a case of opening it up, and giggling at yourself. I mean, sometimes we’d laugh at the trousers, and sometimes we’d laugh at the demos, but I’ve got to say, I’ve been blessed working with the people that I’ve worked with in this band. We’ve never really written what I would call a shit song.”

Has he got a case or not?

Err... ok. Explain the Slang and X albums then Joe... scratch
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song”   Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song” I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:48 am

Nice going Joe Suspect

Totally blind, & deaf it appears!! scratch
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song”   Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song” I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:26 am

Matty35 wrote:
Nice going Joe Suspect

Totally blind, & Def it appears!! scratch

Fixed it for you.... Wink
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song”   Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song” I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Hmm...every band has a sh*t song or two...as for Leppard well Lady Strange comes straight to mind! Along with quite a few dodgy ballads later on their carear...luckily the good far makes up for the bad...
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song”   Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song” I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:14 pm

ego sticking out like a sore thumb here! No need to say what he said. Leppard have done some cracking songs, but to say they are the perfect band, reminds me of a show they hosted a while ago. It was called Greatest Arena Rock Songs and featured tunes from numerous bands including Motley Crue, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and.... 3 from Def Leppard Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song”   Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song” I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Elliott: “We’ve Never Written What I’d Call A Sh*t Song”
Page 1 of 1