Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Call That A Scar ???

Go down 
+2
Pete
Roger. H
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Call That A Scar ??? Empty
PostSubject: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:50 am

As requested by RFFB, here's a pic of one of my latest scars. Very Happy

Call That A Scar ??? Myknee-1

Last edited by Roger H on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:54 am

Roger H wrote:
As requested by RFFB, here's a pic of my one of my latest scars. Very Happy

Call That A Scar ??? Myknee

puke
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:02 am

Shame I can't seem to get to rotate or enlarge the picture. Stevie took it on her phone then emailed it to me. Why she couldn't go and get the camera from upstairs, I don't know !!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:24 am

yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Mr. Enstien at least all you need for halloween is a few bolts........
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:29 am

Chrissy wrote:
yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Mr. Enstien at least all you need for halloween is a few bolts........

That and a monster.... Wink

(Frankenstein was the Dr, not the monster...but you knew that already didn't you...)
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:29 am

good point....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:32 am

My scars are nothing compared to that, they look more like bite marks than a proper scar...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:06 am

Roger H wrote:

Oooo, that's good, Roger! I had those running over/ across my head when I was sixteen. There is a photo somewhere. . . Kinda cool to look at, and very well suited to the task!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:44 am

OUCH!!!!!! Staples and stitches. Been there (several times) but not for that type of injury... When they remove the staples you are so convinced its going to be traumatic but yet you can barely feel it. I can't imagine how painful that whole ordeal has been. How would you rate the pain you are in now on a scale of 1-10? I feel like I'm going to faint. pale The picture really puts things into perspective.

Please take plenty of naps and don't push yourself. Rest is the best medicine!! Sleep Thank you.
group hug
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Roger H wrote:

holy crap.

Now thats a scar!

What did they do exactly? Do you have plates over the break or did they put a pin inside the bone? I've seen operations on TV but never understood how they put a 'pin' in? Plates I get...
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:21 pm

RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:

holy crap.

Now thats a scar!

What did they do exactly? Do you have plates over the break or did they put a pin inside the bone? I've seen operations on TV but never understood how they put a 'pin' in? Plates I get...

oh my there it is again.. No Crying or Very sad pale scared1
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Marty wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:
holy crap.

Now thats a scar!

oh my there it is again.. No Crying or Very sad pale scared1
Is that better!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Mucho Gracias. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Marty wrote:
OUCH!!!!!! Staples and stitches. Been there (several times) but not for that type of injury... When they remove the staples you are so convinced its going to be traumatic but yet you can barely feel it. I can't imagine how painful that whole ordeal has been. How would you rate the pain you are in now on a scale of 1-10? I feel like I'm going to faint. pale The picture really puts things into perspective.

Please take plenty of naps and don't push yourself. Rest is the best medicine!! Sleep Thank you.
group hug

You're exactly right, Marty. You look forward to the event like it's going to be one for the record books or something, and it's nothing.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:10 pm

RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:

holy crap.

Now thats a scar!

That's a picture ( albeit sideways ) of my knee. They inserted a rod form the top, through my bone to the bottom to my ankle. That will be there forever. Then it meets the plates that now make up my ankle, which are also a permanent fixture of my leg.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Marty wrote:

group hug

Staples come out 10am tomorrow morning affraid Not looking forward to it !!!! But believe me they can't do anything that's worse than the pain I felt when it happened. I once had Kidney Stones and have always said that was the worst pain anyone can have............not any more I don't !!!!! No
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Roger H wrote:
Marty wrote:

group hug

Staples come out 10am tomorrow morning affraid Not looking forward to it !!!! But believe me they can't do anything that's worse than the pain I felt when it happened. I once had Kidney Stones and have always said that was the worst pain anyone can have............not any more I don't !!!!! No

I think the expectancy is that there is pressure which is going to be released. Nope. There ain't none, buddy. They wouldn't be taking the staples out of your freakin' leg if they have still to be there! It will be incredibly unfantastic.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Good luck tomorrow Roger...You're healing sounds amazing and thank God you are in fact healing!!! It wont be so bad honest..its actually the build up to having something like that out that is the worst....Pain pill before and lots of water....Center yourself, deep breathe in and exhale as they come out...You'll be done quick as a snap...and on to more healing...
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Just a thought for you...One thing I do and get a lot out of is Yoga..Of course I am from Los Angeles so its like a "duh of course you do". But seriously I have had major surgery and yoga really helped me and even now I can get my mind centered so quickly....Pete stop laughing...

When you get a chance give a listen to Fret I bet he can recommend a dicipline that will be good for you..Even people bed ridden can practice yoga and the breathing techniques alone really help...

Just a thought Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 am

Chrissy wrote:
Just a thought for you...One thing I do and get a lot out of is Yoga..Of course I am from Los Angeles so its like a "duh of course you do". But seriously I have had major surgery and yoga really helped me and even now I can get my mind centered so quickly....Pete stop laughing...

When you get a chance give a listen to Fret I bet he can recommend a dicipline that will be good for you..Even people bed ridden can practice yoga and the breathing techniques alone really help...

Just a thought Cool

Who's laughing? Not I!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:00 am

Chrissy wrote:
Good luck tomorrow Roger...You're healing sounds amazing and thank God you are in fact healing!!! It wont be so bad honest..its actually the build up to having something like that out that is the worst....Pain pill before and lots of water....Center yourself, deep breathe in and exhale as they come out...You'll be done quick as a snap...and on to more healing...

affraid affraid affraid :jaw dropping: :jaw dropping: :jaw dropping: scared1
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 3:55 am

Roger H wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

She really does have a way with words... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:04 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger H wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

She really does have a way with words... Rolling Eyes

To be fair to Chrissy, she too has a lot on her mind at the moment...

...but yeah she definitely has a way with words!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:02 am

Well it's all done and everyone was right, it was quick and I hardly felt a thing. Except for a couple in my ankle ( which is still a bit swollen ) that were in a little deeper than the rest so the nurse had to dig around to get them out, but I was a brave little soldier !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 am

Roger H wrote:
Well it's all done and everyone was right, it was quick and I hardly felt a thing. Except for a couple in my ankle ( which is still a bit swollen ) that were in a little deeper than the rest so the nurse had to dig around to get them out, but I was a brave little soldier !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Did you get a lollipop afterwards?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call That A Scar ???   Call That A Scar ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call That A Scar ???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next