Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The best band you've seen live...

Go down 
+2
Chrissy
Pete
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

The best band you've seen live... Empty
PostSubject: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:59 am

Roger has given me an idea for a thread...(Cheers matey thums up )

Who are your favourite live act?

Doesn't have to be your favourite band, but who has consistently impressed you each time you've seen them...?

Mine is.......Ki......Ha! No it's not Kiss (though I have enjoyed every show I've ever seen)! ....mine would be Twisted Sister.

Without a doubt my top gig ever would be the Astoria show in August 2004, closely followed by the Manchester Academy show June 2006.

They were rockin' rock band drummer rock on
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:53 am

great question..I must think on that one...who is my favorite...
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:07 am

Pantera "Vulgar Display Of Power" Tour Wolverhampton Civic 1993 - Fucking Awesome!

The "only" gig where I couldn't stop myself from headbanging ( I had hair in those days!)

Never to be repeated! not worthy2

Shows that came close -
(no order)

Extreme 93
Kiss 93
Freak Of Nature 92
AC/DC 82
Alice Cooper 87
Whitesnake 94 & 2004
Bon Jovi 89 & 93
Robert Plant 94
Europe 92
Glenn Hughes 95
Slayer 94
Y & T 2007

I've seen many bands over the years, but those were the cream & there's probably a couple i'm forgetting!
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:21 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pantera "Vulgar Display Of Power" Tour Wolverhampton Civic 1993 - Fucking Awesome!

The "only" gig where I couldn't stop myself from headbanging ( I had hair in those days!)

Shows that came close -
(no order)

Extreme 93
Kiss 93
Freak Of Nature 92
AC/DC 82
Alice Cooper 87
Whitesnake 94 & 2004
Bon Jovi 89 & 93
Robert Plant 94
Europe 92
Glenn Hughes 95
Slayer 94
Y & T 2007

I've seen many bands over the years, but those were the cream & there's probably a couple i'm forgetting!

I'm interested in where you saw Kiss in 1993?
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:03 am

Pete wrote:
Matty35 wrote:

Shows that came close -
(no order)

Extreme 93
Kiss 93
Freak Of Nature 92
AC/DC 82
Alice Cooper 87
Whitesnake 94 & 2004
Bon Jovi 89 & 93
Robert Plant 94
Europe 92
Glenn Hughes 95
Slayer 94
Y & T 2007

I'm interested in where you saw Kiss in 1993?

Yes, sorry mate I fucked that date up! Mad - Was 92 NEC brum - Danger Danger were support.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:25 am

My top live acts are, in no particular order other than No1!!!!
The best band you've seen live... Kisslogo
Van Halen
Judas Priest '78 - '82/84ish!
Rainbow '76 - the end!!!
MOTLEY CRUE
The Wildhearts...does exactly what it says on the tin!
Glenn Hughes...simply stunning.
The Ramones...RIP Sad
Sex Pistols

sure there's more but for now that'll do!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:49 pm

I am not a big arena fan...I am really a club fan!!! so my favorite bands I saw live were Van Halen, Scorpions, and Def Leppard.

I mentioned in another thread about going to Heavy metal day at the US festival. That was my favorite concert of all time but not because the bands were good...Actually most were not at the top of their game...but having them together was such a thrill...Watching Dave fall of the stage was great..and Ozzy and Motley they were o.k. but there was 325,000 people there..how much could you see.....Quiet Riot there was the best muscially!

I saw the Scorpians mid 80's and as a whole they were amazing on stage...Iron Maiden was their support band and it was just so good...musically I thought they were the best...

Def Lep Pyromania tour was about my favorite...They were supported by Uriah Heep, Eddie Money and Motley Crue....
Eddie didn't sing the night we went and Motley Crue was very good! Def back then had such an energy and at my age their music was just amazing.. Wanted to see them over and over...Never had seen a crowd so wound up...It was I have to say one of the best live shows I have ever seen...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Without a doubt the mighty RAMMSTEIN are by far and away the best live act I've ever seen !!
I've been lucky enough to see them a dozen times and they just keep getting better !
The gigs in Berlin I've been to were Magical !! rock on rock on rock on
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:11 pm

I would have to say 97 (or so) when Kiss toured in makeup again for the first time.......AWESOME!!!! I was blown away. Felt like a little kid again, because as soon as Paul came out doing all his signature moves like he was in his 20's again, it was like a time machine!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best band you've seen live...   The best band you've seen live... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best band you've seen live...
Page 1 of 1