Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Class Act

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Class Act - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Act   Class Act - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:43 am

Quote :
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/08/09/kiss-motley-crue-give-to-colorado-theater-shooting-victims/

Motley Crue and Kiss are donating money to support those affected by the Colorado movie theater shootings.

The bands said at their concert in suburban Denver on Wednesday night that they would donate $100,000 to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund.

The fund was set up to help victims and families who were hurt when a man opened fire July 20 at a midnight showing of the new Batman movie in Aurora. Twelve people were killed, and 58 were injured.

Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and Paul Stanley of Kiss said in a written statement that they hope their gesture will encourage others to give

Wonder how Adam will dismiss this? Wink Shocked cheesin'
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Class Act - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Act   Class Act - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:30 am

Pete wrote:
Quote :
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/08/09/kiss-motley-crue-give-to-colorado-theater-shooting-victims/

Motley Crue and Kiss are donating money to support those affected by the Colorado movie theater shootings.

The bands said at their concert in suburban Denver on Wednesday night that they would donate $100,000 to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund.

The fund was set up to help victims and families who were hurt when a man opened fire July 20 at a midnight showing of the new Batman movie in Aurora. Twelve people were killed, and 58 were injured.

Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and Paul Stanley of Kiss said in a written statement that they hope their gesture will encourage others to give

Wow! Am I getting hammered this week!

I didn't 'dismiss' Bales actions, I just have reservations about why celebs do this stuff. Like I said, it's unfortunate that the 'celeb culture' has pretty much made me distrust these egotistical fools and their motives. But I do beleive that those in the public eye always have that at the back of their mind and before doing anything will probably think, 'How will this make me look?'

As for the above? Well $100,000 is probably what both bands will make combined from their stupid M&G's alone. And $100000 divided by 58 is $1724.13. So while it's a neat gesture, $1700 ain't gonna go far really is it? Kinda paltry really, don't you think? Give the whole proceeds from the show and I'd be impressed. It's not like they'd miss it really, would they? They're gonna make a shitload from the other dates so, to me, $100,000 is nothin more than a gesture...

Like I said. It's all for the PR and the publicity.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Class Act - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Act   Class Act - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:37 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
Quote :

Wow! Am I getting hammered this week!

I didn't 'dismiss' Bales actions, I just have reservations about why celebs do this stuff. Like I said, it's unfortunate that the 'celeb culture' has pretty much made me distrust these egotistical fools and their motives. But I do beleive that those in the public eye always have that at the back of their mind and before doing anything will probably think, 'How will this make me look?'

As for the above? Well $100,000 is probably what both bands will make combined from their stupid M&G's alone. And $100000 divided by 58 is $1724.13. So while it's a neat gesture, $1700 ain't gonna go far really is it? Kinda paltry really, don't you think? Give the whole proceeds from the show and I'd be impressed. It's not like they'd miss it really, would they? They're gonna make a shitload from the other dates so, to me, $100,000 is nothin more than a gesture...

Like I said. It's all for the PR and the publicity.

You're a hard man to impress!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Class Act - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Act   Class Act - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:19 am

I am getting in on this on. It doesnt do anyhting to impress me. You want to impress me then do it and shut up about it. I think that was what I liked about what CB did. The camera hunted him down and they strong armed him into interviews which he cut short and sweet but to his credit you havent seen him turn it into a PR thing. It was his movie and I can see the connection and I still think the time alone he spent with the victims was a very nice gesture let alone the money.

PS and Vn are looking for the PR. I dont like the "we are hoping this will encourage others to donate" angle. Why should anyone donate money because you two fools did? Warner Brothers did that weeks ago and they donated a ton and from what ive heard still continue to add to it regularly on the quiet side . No these two Yahoos did it on tour not weeks ago when the tour wasnt in the state so that to me is PR.

Still money is money and every little bit does help. Im not sure how money is going to help at this point. Im sure the trauma suffered by a lot of those people will change their lives forever and for that money is needed. I read where a few have medical bills up into the millions which the hospital and doctors were forgiving.

No sorry if celebrities want to impress me (which they don't) then quietly send a check from home and ask to remain anonymous.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Class Act - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Act   Class Act - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:29 am

Chrissy wrote:
I am getting in on this on. It doesnt do anyhting to impress me. You want to impress me then do it and shut up about it. I think that was what I liked about what CB did. The camera hunted him down and they strong armed him into interviews which he cut short and sweet but to his credit you havent seen him turn it into a PR thing. It was his movie and I can see the connection and I still think the time alone he spent with the victims was a very nice gesture let alone the money.

PS and Vn are looking for the PR. I dont like the "we are hoping this will encourage others to donate" angle. Why should anyone donate money because you two fools did? Warner Brothers did that weeks ago and they donated a ton and from what ive heard still continue to add to it regularly on the quiet side . No these two Yahoos did it on tour not weeks ago when the tour wasnt in the state so that to me is PR.

Still money is money and every little bit does help. Im not sure how money is going to help at this point. Im sure the trauma suffered by a lot of those people will change their lives forever and for that money is needed. I read where a few have medical bills up into the millions which the hospital and doctors were forgiving.

No sorry if celebrities want to impress me (which they don't) then quietly send a check from home and ask to remain anonymous.

I agree this definitely has more of a PR spin to it, however they didn't have to donate anything. They could've just played the show and said left the area, moved on to the next show. They didn't they've given some dollars to the fund.

Sure the
Quote :
we are hoping this will encourage others to donate
is a little tacky but hell, Bob Geldolf & Bono have made a career out of this!! Bono being exceptionally hypocritical when he has enough cash to wipe out the national debt of Africa let alone a single country.That however is a different rant for a different day!

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Class Act - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Act   Class Act - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:24 am

very true and well said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Class Act - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Act   Class Act - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class Act
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: