Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vince Neil autobiography

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Vince Neil autobiography Empty
PostSubject: Vince Neil autobiography   Vince Neil autobiography I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:28 am

Well I eventually read the VN autobiography and it might as well have been called 'Vince Neil and his shagging conquests'

Seems to have been alot of pages dedicated to who he screwed and while at first its amuzing reading about the RnR life lived to the hilt, eventually it just becomes dull.

It also becomes very apparent that this dude does not learn from his mistakes. 3 wives left him down to his screwing around and him being what can best be described as an 'unpleasent drunk/alcoholic'. Yet he just repeats the same behaviour over and over.

At first you kinda feel a little sorry for him. He openly admits that he hates being alone and needs to be with someone. He comes across as actually a little shy, certainly low self esteem & awkward. But you end up just thinking 'what a fucking idiot' he is.

The big one is the Razzle death. While he freely admits that even he didn't learn anything from it as he thought his punishment was not harsh enough (no arguement there), for him to pretty much repeat the whole thing again, this time with some bimbo he wanted to impress by letting her drive his prize posession car and crashing whille wasted is just pathetic. He actually said he thought 'oh no, not again' when he knew they were going to crash.

He seems to view things from a perspective of 'I don't care', 'I can & will do what I want' without any consideration of any consequences. His wives all say when they caught him out he would either totally deny it or cry and beg for forgivness.

It's pretty sad when you read about his 3rd wife, who it would seem really loved him and he messed that up also.

At the end of the book he states he has been sober since 2007. More BS, as the video of him getting into his posh car with yet another bimbo while obviously hammered proves from only last year.

If ever someone was living a life of denial...it's Vince Neil.

Overall a reasonable read, you do get an insight to him to a degree, it's just a shame that this insight makes him look like an uncaring, unappreciative, aggrogant, self-centred, obnoxious alcoholic, who sees things through his eyes only and has no apprectaion of how his behaviour affects others.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil autobiography   Vince Neil autobiography I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:14 am

RFFB wrote:
Well I eventually read the VN autobiography and it might as well have been called 'Vince Neil and his shagging conquests'

Seems to have been alot of pages dedicated to who he screwed and while at first its amuzing reading about the RnR life lived to the hilt, eventually it just becomes dull.

It also becomes very apparent that this dude does not learn from his mistakes. 3 wives left him down to his screwing around and him being what can best be described as an 'unpleasent drunk/alcoholic'. Yet he just repeats the same behaviour over and over.

At first you kinda feel a little sorry for him. He openly admits that he hates being alone and needs to be with someone. He comes across as actually a little shy, certainly low self esteem & awkward. But you end up just thinking 'what a fucking idiot' he is.

The big one is the Razzle death. While he freely admits that even he didn't learn anything from it as he thought his punishment was not harsh enough (no arguement there), for him to pretty much repeat the whole thing again, this time with some bimbo he wanted to impress by letting her drive his prize posession car and crashing whille wasted is just pathetic. He actually said he thought 'oh no, not again' when he knew they were going to crash.

He seems to view things from a perspective of 'I don't care', 'I can & will do what I want' without any consideration of any consequences. His wives all say when they caught him out he would either totally deny it or cry and beg for forgivness.

It's pretty sad when you read about his 3rd wife, who it would seem really loved him and he messed that up also.

At the end of the book he states he has been sober since 2007. More BS, as the video of him getting into his posh car with yet another bimbo while obviously hammered proves from only last year.

If ever someone was living a life of denial...it's Vince Neil.

Overall a reasonable read, you do get an insight to him to a degree, it's just a shame that this insight makes him look like an uncaring, unappreciative, aggrogant, self-centred, obnoxious alcoholic, who sees things through his eyes only and has no apprectaion of how his behaviour affects others.

Incredibly rich & famous rockstar with more money than sense tells porkie pies & can't remember much of his past? scratch

Didn't see that one coming...Mick Mars is the talent in that band anyway. Much rather read his story...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil autobiography   Vince Neil autobiography I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 am

The only place I want to read about him is in the obituary column.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil autobiography   Vince Neil autobiography I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 am

Roger. H wrote:
I take it you mean Vince?

One of the funny things about Mick Mars is that in all the Motley autobiography books I've read they all say they never know what Mick is doing, where he is and very rarely ever speak to him!!!!

I think the word for MM is 'enigma!'

But as he is the one least in the public eye you do get the feeling that he probably has the most intersting story out of all of them. Tho I did love NIKKI's book.

Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil autobiography   Vince Neil autobiography I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:04 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
I take it you mean Vince?

Correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Neil autobiography   Vince Neil autobiography I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vince Neil autobiography
Page 1 of 1