Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Thoughts

Go down 
+4
laxcdn
Frethead
Rev
Marty
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Random Thoughts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Pete wrote:
I've never been called a Fucking Disgrace for expressing an opinion before... Shocked Rolling Eyes
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Wow.

Went searching for what you were referring to and maybe I shouldn't have!!!

That was totally out of order on the other parties behalf. He certainly has a way of getting peoples backs up, which is surprising as he isn't like that in the real world.

It seems you can't voice a valid opinion without people taking offence these days. That site has become a place where even reasoned arguement/opinion is dismissed. An if you voice any critisisim it is uncalled for and that anyone expressing such an opinion is just a negative fan and should keep it too themselves.

I wish I lived in their perfect world... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:01 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
I've never been called a Fucking Disgrace for expressing an opinion before... Shocked Rolling Eyes
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Wow.

Went searching for what you were referring to and maybe I shouldn't have!!!

That was totally out of order on the other parties behalf. He certainly has a way of getting peoples backs up, which is surprising as he isn't like that in the real world.

It seems you can't voice a valid opinion without people taking offence these days. That site has become a place where even reasoned arguement/opinion is dismissed. An if you voice any critisisim it is uncalled for and that anyone expressing such an opinion is just a negative fan and should keep it too themselves.

I wish I lived in their perfect world... Rolling Eyes

I'm just gonna post here now where I can be as offensive as I want and get a way with it!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:07 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
You can't say anything in that place without offending someone!!

Anyway...November 23rd, 1998.

Random Thoughts - Page 3 Kisslogo live at Madison Square Garden. My dreams come true. Random Thoughts - Page 3 Kisslogo in their won back yard. Bloody marvellous!
I swear, when I first saw KISS in the USA in Boston on the Reunion Tour it was one of the BEST moments of my life. It was simply incredible. Almost brought me to tears.

Glad your got your dream too... cheer

I have so many cool memories of that trip, made some great friends that I still talk to. It was an awesome trip that sadly (as I don't sponge of society) I can't afford to do anymore...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:47 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Random Thoughts - Page 3 Kisslogo live at Madison Square Garden. My dreams come true. Random Thoughts - Page 3 Kisslogo in their won back yard. Bloody marvellous!
I swear, when I first saw KISS in the USA in Boston on the Reunion Tour it was one of the BEST moments of my life. It was simply incredible. Almost brought me to tears.

I have so many cool memories of that trip, made some great friends that I still talk to. It was an awesome trip that sadly (as I don't sponge of society) I can't afford to do anymore...
Yeah my memories of my first trip to the USA and the 4 KISS shows are still some of my favourites to this day.

And isn't it starange how people on benefits can still afford to go on holidays?????
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 6:55 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Yeah my memories of my first trip to the USA and the 4 KISS shows are still some of my favourites to this day.

And isn't it starange how people on benefits can still afford to go on holidays?????
Yes. Very strange. Maybe someone should 'have a word' with the benefits office? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:17 am

Good win for the Bees on Friday. cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 am

Sometimes, something happens in life that makes you realise all the petty differences we have are actually really insignificant.

R.I.P. Gary Speed.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Pete wrote:
Sometimes, something happens in life that makes you realise all the petty differences we have are actually really insignificant.

R.I.P. Gary Speed.
Ditto.

This is genuinely shocking news.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:25 am

Ace Frehley cancels his UK tour? Who'd have thought huh? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 pm

Pete wrote:
Ace Frehley cancels his UK tour? Who'd have thought huh? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What !!!!!!!???? Guess I should've gone to K'UK first.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Very pissed off about this cancellation but deep down not really surprised. The ironic thing is I've just had a reminder email from Tickectbastard about the gig I'm(was) going to on Sunday !! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 am

I wonder if I'll get my bins emptied today? scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 am

Pete wrote:

Doubt it.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:55 am

Roger. H wrote:
Very pissed off about this cancellation but deep down not really surprised. The ironic thing is I've just had a reminder email from Tickectbastard about the gig I'm(was) going to on Sunday !! Rolling Eyes
While I too am not happy about this (£230 paid out on trains/hotels with no chance of refunds) I am truely astonished at the flack ACE is getting over this. Just cos 1 show sold badly does not mean he would he would fake an injury so he didn't have to come over!

HRH was sold out! Certain payday. Yet it's all 'unreliable ACE', 'it's a fake injury'...bla blah blah. Sure it's documented ACE has missed some flights but as for cancelling shows due to not turning up or poor sales, in a carear of 40 years, I can't say I've heard of that many. No-more than any other rock star anyway.

This is where all the shit $immons/Stanley have spouted off over the years is coming back to haunt ACE. And those fans with blinkers have latched on, but much to my surprise, many others seem to be having a pot shot at ACE also.

If it is fake then that is just wrong, but why would he fake it in the 1st place?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 11:40 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Doubt it.

Correct. Still full when I got home.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 11:45 am

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:
While I too am not happy about this (£230 paid out on trains/hotels with no chance of refunds) I am truely astonished at the flack ACE is getting over this. Just cos 1 show sold badly does not mean he would he would fake an injury so he didn't have to come over!

HRH was sold out! Certain payday. Yet it's all 'unreliable ACE', 'it's a fake injury'...bla blah blah. Sure it's documented ACE has missed some flights but as for cancelling shows due to not turning up or poor sales, in a carear of 40 years, I can't say I've heard of that many. No-more than any other rock star anyway.

This is where all the shit $immons/Stanley have spouted off over the years is coming back to haunt ACE. And those fans with blinkers have latched on, but much to my surprise, many others seem to be having a pot shot at ACE also.

If it is fake then that is just wrong, but why would he fake it in the 1st place?

Only 80 advanced tickets sold for the Cardiff show for starters...

Ace is not a solo artist (to me at least) he doesn't have the onstage charisma or personality as a solo artist that he has/had when a member of Team Kiss. Just my opinion though...I await to be called a f**king disgrace for sharing a differing opinion...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:10 am

You do have a point, Pete. I think Ace has now put himself in a Catch 22 situation. If he does announce another tour I for one will hesitate to buy tickets straight away. If everyone thinks like this it results in poor ticket sales and then some mystery illness and cancellation ensues...........ad infinitum.
To be honest I think the only way we (in the U.K.) will get to see Ace live again is to catch a club show in N.Y or wherever.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 am

Roger. H wrote:
You do have a point, Pete. I think Ace has now put himself in a Catch 22 situation. If he does announce another tour I for one will hesitate to buy tickets straight away. If everyone thinks like this it results in poor ticket sales and then some mystery illness and cancellation ensues...........ad infinitum.
To be honest I think the only way we (in the U.K.) will get to see Ace live again is to catch a club show in N.Y or wherever.

If I can't be arsed to venture to Pontins/London to see Ace there's no way I'm flying to NY just to see Ace!

I do really love Ace, he's my second fave member of Kiss but that's the thing...in Kiss. I don't have all his solo records & have no intention on purchasing them either....as a solo artisit he just doesn't do anything for me...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Ace is not a solo artist (to me at least) he doesn't have the onstage charisma or personality as a solo artist that he has/had when a member of Team Kiss. Just my opinetting the impression thation though...I await to be called a f**king disgrace for sharing a differing opinion...
But that's only 1 show out of 3!

And I am going to agree with you also! ACE out of KISS does not have the appeal he had with them. Plus I get the impression that, as a solo artist, he just isn't motivated. At least in a band you have other members on your back pulling you along or kicking your ass into shape.

So no 'f'kin disgrace' from me!!!...even if I had disagreed... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Ace is not a solo artist (to me at least) he doesn't have the onstage charisma or personality as a solo artist that he has/had when a member of Team Kiss. Just my opinionetting the impression thation though...I await to be called a f**king disgrace for sharing a differing opinion...
But that's only 1 show out of 3!

And I am going to agree with you also! ACE out of KISS does not have the appeal he had with them. Plus I get the impression that, as a solo artist, he just isn't motivated. At least in a band you have other members on your back pulling you along or kicking your ass into shape.

So no 'f'kin disgrace' from me!!!...even if I had disagreed... Wink

I believe he has a VERY motivated young band who are absolutely "Gutted" these have been pulled due to his 'accident'...
I also hear that his new girlfriend should be called Janine...If you understand my point...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:59 am

Roger. H wrote:
Personally I think whoever his promoter over here is has to take a huge amount of the blame.

WTF did they book Cardiff? CARDIFF!!!! If they wanted a small warm up gig then they needed to book a major city, Newcastle, Manchester, B/ham. Also puting out the Cardiff date after announcing Pontins(!!!!!) was a mistake. Should have done it the other way round then fans would buy for the 'small' date and as HRH is festival, rely on an ready audience who would already have bought tix.

Tho I believe it is festivals policy for groups to announce dates with them first so they can pull in more sales. Basically ACE does not have a large enough following to justify 3 UK shows. He should do London and 1 outside gig in a major city, at the most.

If the promoter or his manager knew anything then they get him to Glasgow. That would be a riot!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 am

RFFB wrote:
Personally I think whoever his promoter over here is has to take a huge amount of the blame.

WTF did they book Cardiff? CARDIFF!!!! If they wanted a small warm up gig then they needed to book a major city, Newcastle, Manchester, B/ham. Also puting out the Cardiff date after announcing Pontins(!!!!!) was a mistake. Should have done it the other way round then fans would buy for the 'small' date and as HRH is festival, rely on an ready audience who would already have bought tix.

Tho I believe it is festivals policy for groups to announce dates with them first so they can pull in more sales. Basically ACE does not have a large enough following to justify 3 UK shows. He should do London and 1 outside gig in a major city, at the most.

If the promoter or his manager knew anything then they get him to Glasgow. That would be a riot!!!

A Manchester Show was scheduled for tonight. It was scrapped as Cardiff had only sold about 10 tickets after being on sale for a week!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 am

Pete wrote:

A Manchester Show was scheduled for tonight. It was scrapped as Cardiff had only sold about 10 tickets after being on sale for a week!
I think theM/chester show was a 'phantom' gig as tonight was always the Cardiff gig. Should have been getting off the train in about 20 mins.

Bummer... Sad
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:14 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

I think theM/chester show was a 'phantom' gig as tonight was always the Cardiff gig. Should have been getting off the train in about 20 mins.

Bummer... Sad

Aah well. You're here chatting to me. That's much better! cheesin'
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:19 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Bummer... Sad

Aah well. You're here chatting to me. That's much better! Random Thoughts - Page 3 775248
Much more entertaining than sitting in a Travelodge waiting to head out to some gig by a has-been!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next