Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy's Best

Go down 
+4
kokeakola
RFFB
'Scope
Matty35
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Ozzy's Best - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's Best   Ozzy's Best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:08 am

Suicide Solution... not worthy2
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's Best   Ozzy's Best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:48 pm

Have to say I think his first 2 albums were 'his' best work as a solo artist.

He just came out and ripped things up...wasn't trying to fit into a 'fashion' (like Ultimate Sin) he just did it.

And he did it very well.
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's Best   Ozzy's Best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Well if "fitting into a fashion" gets you an album like Ultimate Sin, I say go for it!!
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's Best   Ozzy's Best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:24 am

Looking forward to that doc Chrissy. I really like RR, but didn't until about 3-4 years ago, I guess I would say that I really didn't know much about him. Now I like his style and what I have read/heard. I want to get Rudy's book too. I do like Jake though and though his shit was really cool. He just is able to put out really cool riffs. Zakk was good when he came out, but he has stuck to the same format since he first started and that is boring.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's Best   Ozzy's Best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:45 am

kokeakola wrote:
Well if "fitting into a fashion" gets you an album like Ultimate Sin, I say go for it!!
Don't get me wrong...'Ultimate Sin' IS a class album...but it was definately more commercial than his previous albums and a bit more 'poppy'...maybe not 'poppy' but at least 'lighter' on a few of the songs. That was just how rock/metal was going at the time in the 80's.

Not saying thats a bad thing either...I like that lighter sound!!!

I just like his heavier 1st two albums better!!!!
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's Best   Ozzy's Best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:28 pm

RFFB wrote:
kokeakola wrote:
Don't get me wrong...'Ultimate Sin' IS a class album...but it was definately more commercial than his previous albums and a bit more 'poppy'...maybe not 'poppy' but at least 'lighter' on a few of the songs. That was just how rock/metal was going at the time in the 80's.

Not saying thats a bad thing either...I like that lighter sound!!!

I just like his heavier 1st two albums better!!!!
Hey, it's hard to make an argument AGAINST liking an album (or albums) that Randy Rhoads played on! cheers
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's Best   Ozzy's Best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Oh wow, I was scouting through and I found this old thread, sorry to bring up dead threads from ages ago Laughing

I absolutely love the first four albums. Blizzard of Ozz literally made me play guitar. Then I heard Diary of a Madman. I'd never heard any Jake E Lee stuff when I checked these two albums out, I was completely hooked on Sabbath and the two albums. I heard Bark at the Moon, the song, about 10 years ago, but I was going through a massive KISS stage at that point. It just happens that Bark at the Moon is featured on Vice City and I'm thrashing this virtual car in a race with VRock on and they're playing it, and I recognized Ozzy and I'm like "yeah this is pretty good", was concentrating in the solo so wasn't able to appreciate it and then I heard the outro solo and was like "dude, thats freaking epic" so I got my sister to buy me the Bark at the Moon and then I was hooked on Randy and Jake! I got the Ultimate Sin a few months after BATM and was just blown away at how far Ozzy had come. I love all four of those albums for different reasons. The production on Ultimate Sin in my opinion is great. Randys drumming is real smooth and he mic'd the drums up just right! Killer of Giants is a fantastic song, one of the best Ozzy ever recorded! I had listened to Zakk previously on the live and loud album and didn't like how he covered Randys material, but having heard Jake I figured i'd retrace and see if Zakk covered Jakes well, and no. I still don't like Zakks playing, however I do think he did some great songs with Ozzy including Miracle Man, Tattooed Dancer, I Don't Wanna Change The World etc. Black Rain did nothing for me. I think I Don't Wanna Stop is the strongest song on the album however. Down to Earth also left me cold, Junkie being possibly Ozzys worst ever song (imo). The best song from that album has to be Gets me Through.

Sorry for the lecture Razz cheer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy's Best   Ozzy's Best - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy's Best
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Classic & Old School-
Jump to: