Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it Empty
PostSubject: Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it   Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it   Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:34 pm

That gave me chills!!!!!
Mike Campbell you classy man!!!
That was so cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it   Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 1:40 am

Talk about a memory! Awsome!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it   Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:13 am

I have never actually constructed a guitar, but, Griffin's encounter with Mike Campbell reminds me of Christmas Day, 1982, when my dad and I drove from my grandparent's to Geraldine Allman's house in Port Orange, to visit with her and Greg. After she and Dad and Greg had talked for a while . . . dad strummed on an acoustic and Greg sang while playing the piano, and I started picking on this maroon Les Paul that "Momma A" had brought from a bedroom and leaned against the couch ( RIGHT NEXT TO ME) that Dad and I were sitting on. I had been playing for most of a year, or so, and I was about twelve, so I had no friggin' idea what the significance of her actions were, nor did I commission one minute to realizing the previous owner's identity, but, Dad, Greg and I had a cool little jam. I remember thinking, "Man, this is neat!" After a fun afternoon, we were preparing to leave when Dad asked to borrow a tape. We were heading north when Dad asked me to stop listening to the new Judas Priest/ Screaming for Vengeance tape, and he put the tape that he borrowed from "Momma A" in the car tapedeck and informed me that I had been playing the guitar that we were listening to. I think that I didn't speak for like two or three years after that.

Last edited by Frethead on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it   Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 am

Wow!! You have roots there Fret!!
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it   Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Sweet Fret! thums up
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056

PostSubject: Re: Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it   Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Nice!! cheer That's so cool!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

PostSubject: Re: Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it   Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:10 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it   Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kid, 14, builds guitar and Mike Campbell plays it
Page 1 of 1