Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those Nickelback fans or foes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

For those Nickelback fans or foes Empty
PostSubject: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:17 am

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/pickle-beats-nickelback-in-popularity-contest/comment-page-1/#comment-24668

Pickle Beats Nickelback In Popularity Contest

It’s the battle of the titans: Nickelback versus Pickleback. And guess what? The cucumber-shaped pickle is winning! Come inside to find out what the hell we’re talking about…

There’s a fight to the finish currently happening on Facebook. At the time of writing, 1,420,995 fans have joined Nickelback’s official Facebook page.

However, 1,471,001 Nickelback haters (and lovers of cured cucumbers) have joined a Facebook group called ‘Can this pickle get more fans than Nickleback [sic]?’

If you’ve got an abacus to hand, you’ve probably worked out that the pickle-worshippers are ahead by about 50,000.

Unsurprisingly, all-out war has erupted between Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger and pickle campaign organiser Coral Anne.

Witness the following exchange of emails:

Kroeger: Your page will be closing in two weeks.

Coral Anne: I still whoopped your ass, Chad!

Kroeger: Ha! 30 millions albums, Carol!

Coral Anne: Ha! 1,461,379 fans (It’s gone up already – Ed.) and counting, Chad! Your ass is still whooped!

Coming soon: are Kiss better than a kumkwat?

I hate face book but I'm tempted to sign up and 'friend' the pickle!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:13 am

that is funny!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:07 am

Hmm. I think that I voted for the pickle, simply because I know what it means to be "in a pickle,"and there is, frankly, not enough time in the long day to figure out where the fXXX "nickelback" comes from, though, it must be pretty flimsy and insubstantial. Once again, I've never listened with volition to anything Nickelback, though I may have heard them. Without further undo, we win! Go Team Pickle!

( Further . . . "curling" is an adjective and women's hockey is a very bad joke. Very bad. It's bad. Really bad. It's so bad, it pains me to make an attempt at expressing how bad it is. It's that bad. It's funny, too!)

Last edited by Frethead on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:22 am

What is curling? I don't get it....They push a kettle made of concrete down the ice being swept by neurotic broom weilding team mates in order to push the other kettles out of place? Don't see how that is a sport...
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:26 am

Chrissy wrote:
What is curling? I don't get it....They push a kettle made of concrete down the ice being swept by neurotic broom weilding team mates in order to push the other kettles out of place? Don't see how that is a sport...

LOL! rock on cheesin' :rolling laughter: swing "Curling" is an adjective. thums up Can't we just leave it at that? :clapping:
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Pete wrote:

Coming soon: are Kiss better than a kumkwat?
Highly probable, yes, unless said kumkwat's are in full KISS make-up and only available as a limited edition collectors item... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:24 am

Hooray for the Pickle!! lol! lol! happy boy happy boy happy boy happy boy

Nickelback have had their fair share of detractors during their career, but now the Canadian quartet are facing their toughest challenge yet – an internet popularity contest against the humble pickle.

The Can This Pickle Get More Fans Than Nickleback? (sic) Facebook page has, at the time of writing, attracted the support of over 1,535,664 users of the social networking website. Nickelback’s official Facebook page, meanwhile, has 1,435,100 fans.

“We did it!” says Coral Anne, the Facebook campaign’s founding member. “Salute the almighty pickle!”

When Kerrang! contacted Nickelback to see how they felt about being less popular than a pickle, their spokesperson declined to comment. However, according to reports, frontman Chad Kroeger allegedly contacted the group to demand they take it offline.

The singer sent Coral Anne a private message saying "Your page will be closing in two weeks."

"I still whooped your a*s Chad! (sic)," she replied.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:18 am

So when's the pickle going out on tour?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:36 am

RFFB wrote:

Not sure. Soon I believe.

Did you know that Nickelback were recently voted Rolling Stone' 'band of the Decade'? Shocked affraid Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:49 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:

Not sure. Soon I believe.

Did you know that Nickelback were recently voted Rolling Stone' 'band of the Decade'? Shocked affraid Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
No! But lets be totally honest here...

Rolling Stone the WORST music mag EVER!!!! Utter shite. Hollier than thou bollox.

Cream was the best IMO. Great pics and actually interviews. Is it still going? Havent seen or heard of it in an eternity...didn't it go under?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those Nickelback fans or foes   For those Nickelback fans or foes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those Nickelback fans or foes
Page 1 of 1