Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!

Go down 
+4
Pete
Roger. H
Chrissy
chuck1223
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : forum lurker
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:28 am

All I can tell everyone is that was the best concert I have been to,period. What a great time !!!! I got to go and hang out with two LOVELY ladies and absolutely had the time of my freaking life !!!!

Marty and Chrissy are absolutely the best. I had a such a great time just hanging out with them this weekend !!!! I was a very lucky guy to be surrounded by all that beauty. I got some great shots of them this weekend,but I am locked down until I get the ok to post pictures. I will post them as soon as I get their blessing !!!! I wish I could look a fraction as good as either one of them !!! Enough said !!!

Now about the show. I was a little skeptical about seeing the show with Kiss. I had seen them back on the Asylum tour,and quite honestly, was disappointed with the show. It was very,very tame and there just wasn't a large amount of enthusiasm being displayed that night. I believe Ted Nugent opened for them on that tour and he friggin' owned the crowd !!!! Don't get me wrong,I have always liked Kiss's music. My absolute favorite period of their music was definitely when they were out of makeup. Asylum,Animalize and Lick It Up are definitely my favorite albums. I had heard the earlier stuff and definitely liked it,but the glam stuff was definitely my favorite. Bruce Kulick was definitely a talented guitarist !!!! Anyway, it was still a good show,but that is what I remember .

On Saturday night,my world was ROCKED !!!! The show the put on was hands down the most phenomenal concert I have been to !!!! They sounded great,the stage show was amazing and the music was spot on !!!! I did not sit down for the entire 2 hours and 15 minutes !!! It is still hard for me to believe that Gene and Paul are getting close to being 60 !!! There was no way you could have told that Saturday night !!! I had never seen them in makeup. It was just like being a kid again and listening to my cousin's Double Platinum album on their record player. To say that they put on a good show is terribly understated !!!! I was blown away by the show. The stage was amazing. It had video screens all over it !!! Plus, they had more pyrotechnics than I have seen at most of the Fourth of July fireworks I have been to. It was so good in fact, we are already talking about going to L.A. to see them play again !!! I hope that is going to happen !!!

Well,there you have it !!! It is a must see show for anyone that likes rock ,not just Kiss fans !!!! A truly amazing show !!! Hopefully,you guys can be as fortunate as I was to have the lovely company that I had the pleasure of enjoying !! It truly was an amazing weekend for me. One that I will never forget !!!!

Last edited by chuck1223 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://robbintribute.8forum.info
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:11 am

Well boys................its happened....We were de-flowered..............There is only one thing I can say about this.......
Out of all of the bands I have ever seen.....I saved the best for last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wirlwind trip. Chuck is a sweetheart and treated me to a great stay at his house including dinner,movie and a tour of his guitar collection....What a guy!

Chicago.... met up with my sidekick and the rest is a memory I will never forget. Marty what a girl. Her and I have the same speed for shows...Full throttle no bottle and she can rock it we had so much fun and laughed so hard I know this is a lasting friendship.........I haven't been to an arena show in such a long time and my last one wasn't that great. With all of the talk about US shows not selling out I was skeptical. Well that stopped once we hit the door and walked into a sea of crazed KISS fans. OMG you guys are truly nuts....Can I even try to describe this? not a chance so I'm not even going to try......

Walked into the arena...Chuck treated us to great seats on the floor! and away we go...BuckCherry hits the stage...Winds us up like a tornadoe....I like them but I don't consider them a fav...but let me tell you this night and live they were on...Full tilt!!!!!!!!Rocked that stage not too long and not to short just right and finished it up with "crazy bitch" to have us just wound up and amped for KISS...Now the people behind us didn't care for them but I know they had no complaints watching Marty and I shake our ass to crazy bitch so whatever.....

So remember boys this was my first time....KISS seen through the eyes of a virgin.....I am a changed woman.....

I am having trouble coming up with the words but OMG it was just the best show....I loved it all especially the stage set up with all of the screens...You did not miss a thing and I love that....I love the way the band works the whole stage and not just "their"side and I love the play back and forth. Paul is funny which I loved....I'm sure its the same thing from city to city and has been for years but it was nice....He can work a crowd for sure.......

His voice was really strong...He had a rest for a week and it really paid off...I had heard him a lot on youtube and he was struggling....I don't know how they do it...but this night the energy was on full !!!!

Since someone else already gave the playlist I won't mention it but I was glad they had changed it up from what I was hearing....Of course they could have played anything because to be honest they had me at "Hello Chicago!!!"

IMO someone kicked them in the ass because after Duece they just lit it up. Plus Chicago as a crowd is impressive...I am a get into and enjoy it kind of girl and the whole crowd was too. You could just see the band sucking the energy off of a completely packed house and it ranged like a forest fire......I spole to a couple of die hards who follow the band to every show and they said this one by far was the best in years and I was there!!!

I am a Tommy Thayer fan and enjoy him as a musician and leaving all the ace crap out of the concert he brought his A game and just smoked........The boy can play....I can live without all the space crap but I get it why when your parents tell you to do something or else you just have too so I got it.....Would love to see him let loose a little more and rip his style out some more....Seems to hold back just a little if I remember his original style...

Eric singer...What a bad ass drummer!!!!!Looks stupid in a black wig and should just go back to being blond...But looks aside he can play!!!Great drum solo and I loved the rising drum kit and the spin is alwys enjoyed....He really worked that solo and can take a crowd up and down like a rollar coaster...And most surprising he can really sing...I would love to hear more from him...maybe as someone else suggested give Paul a breather once in a while and let Eric sing he is really good.....What an excellent surprise.....

Now I know all of you guys have seen all the normal stuff they do but not me and it was just fantastic...I loved Gene's blood show and how they flew him up to the light racks. I love how I was able to lose Gene and get the demon charactor and forget his BS for the whole show..Thats an entertainer......

Now Paul still a stud at his age...Critique him all you want because the man rocks it...Does he sound like a transvestite and look like CHER absolutely and I wouldn't have it any other way. When he is on wow can he sing and this night he was on...Gorgeous voice!!!!!Would have loved for them to play I was made for lovin you but maybe next time.....

The encore was the best....I love how they can take a preplanned mini concert and make it look natural and un planned..They are true entertainers....I love the show part....The lights, the stage the KISS sign and the confetti~ never seen so much it was actually funny..Not a huge fan of explosions but I did like the colored flames all over the stage...and when they flew Paul out to center floor guess who was standing right next to him...WE WERE!!!!and that was great!...Paul can sure shake his ass and wow does everyone just love him...

How do I conclude this.....I can't really and do it justice.....I woke up the next morning with no voice and my body just wrecked!!!!!Haven't danced for 2 and 1/2 straight hours in years and screamed my head off! The sign of a great show is when you just cant move the next day and KISS worked me from head to toe.....So in conclusion my first KISS was better than imagined as it should be and all after well...........
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
We told you so !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:42 am

Roger H wrote:
We told you so !!!!!

Yup. We certainly did! I don't care what anyone else says. BEST. BAND. EVER!

BTW Chrissy. I think Eric dyes his hair black... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Those are GREAT photo's.

I love the ones of you ladies in your Kiss shirts too.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Pete wrote:
Those are GREAT photo's.

Chuck has a ton of pictures of us but Maqrty needs to release him from certain death before he will post them. I said it was fine....So all together now "Marty please give Chuck the o.k.".......
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Those are GREAT photo's.

Chuck has a ton of pictures of us but Maqrty needs to release him from certain death before he will post them. I said it was fine....So all together now "Marty please give Chuck the o.k.".......

He is in big trouble!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Chuck I have one word for you!!! Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Marty is going to kill you!!!!

Oh Marty I had no idea.....Good thing I haven't posted my photobucket link yet.....
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Ha!!!!!! We live and learn lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:40 pm

Just one of the many fantastic first moments.....

Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! DSC00580-1
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:32 pm

No picture could sum it up better....Me with two of the best people I have met at the best show I have ever seen!!!!!!

Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! DSC00683-1
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:30 am

Chrissy wrote:
No picture could sum it up better....Me with two of the best people I have met at the best show I have ever seen!!!!!!

So glad you guys finally got Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! KisslogoED!!

Chuck, you're a lucky son of gun. Two very beautiful ladies on your arms.

The invitation is now open for you all to come to the UK for the Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! Kisslogo shows next year!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:33 am

Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Those are GREAT photo's.

Yes. I notice the link to the photo's has been removed... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:12 am

Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Those are GREAT photo's.

I love life and in order to guarantee it's continuance, I decided to remove said link. flash
Back to top Go down
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:59 am

Pete wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

So glad you guys finally got Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! KisslogoED!!

Chuck, you're a lucky son of gun. Two very beautiful ladies on your arms.

The invitation is now open for you all to come to the UK for the Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! Kisslogo shows next year!

I know how lucky I was Pete !!!! I must have done something right to have been so fortunate !!!!
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Chrissy wrote:

Outstanding photo!!!!!

With the best background I've ever seen in a photo!!!!
Back to top Go down
Frethead

Frethead

Number of posts : 3032
Job/hobbies : consumption
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:30 pm

Hot Damn! KISS and two fine American Foxes! Chuck is DAH PIMPIN MACK DADDY MAYAAAN, FOO! ( He always was a stud) Gyah, we're goin' to miss him!

Was this a superbly timed new stage trick, or what?! Like, did Gene and Paul simultaneously fXXXin' explode?!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 pm

chuck1223 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Those are GREAT photo's.

I love life and in order to guarantee it's continuance, I decided to remove said link. flash

Chuck is a smart man!!! idiot1 Hi Chuck drunks batting eyelashes :you fool: :dizzy:
Back to top Go down
chuck1223
Admin
chuck1223

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Marty wrote:
chuck1223 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Those are GREAT photo's.

Chuck is a smart man!!! idiot1 Hi Chuck drunks batting eyelashes :you fool: :dizzy:

You know I would NEVER do anything intentionally to upset one of my entourage !!!! group hug
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:52 pm

chuck1223 wrote:
Marty wrote:
chuck1223 wrote:
Pete wrote:
Marty wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Pete wrote:
Those are GREAT photo's.

You know I would NEVER do anything intentionally to upset one of my entourage !!!! group hug

flower No I know you are good peeps. group hug cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Brilliant photos !!! If ever I need cheering up I'll come to this thread and everything in the World will be alright again !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:32 am

Great reviews & pics guys! - I wish i coulda been there shaking my cakes with ya! rock on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:45 am

Matty35 wrote:
Great reviews & pics guys! - I wish i coulda been there shaking my cakes with ya! rock on

Why would you shake your cakes? Wouldn't you get filling everywhere?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!   Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chicago Kiss concert review and pics !!!!
Page 1 of 1