Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Anthony Discusses Chickenfoot And Van Halen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Michael Anthony Discusses Chickenfoot And Van Halen Empty
PostSubject: Michael Anthony Discusses Chickenfoot And Van Halen   Michael Anthony Discusses Chickenfoot And Van Halen I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Hector Saldaña of San Antonio Express-News recently spoke with former Van Halen and current Chickenfoot bassist Michael Anthony. Sections from the interview follow below.

On touring with Chickenfoot:

"It's been a fun party on the road and off the road. We're having a great time and it's because this thing all grew out of friendship. It just makes it that much more enjoyable. (Playing) in-between Chad [Smith, drums] and Joe [Satriani, bass], my jaw's on the ground every day, and of course, Sammy. He's gonna be 62 and the guy can still wail."

Does he really do all those tequila and Jack Daniel's shots onstage?:

"Oh, yeah. This isn't Vince Neil here. There's guys that say, 'Oh, that's iced tea.' I'm actually a 'Tennessee Squire' and own a chunk of land in Jack Daniel's (country). A Tennessee Squire is an elite group of people. They catch me putting iced tea in my Jack Daniel's bottle, that's it."

Talking about last year's Van Halen reunion tour, which involved Eddie's son Wolfgang Van Halen playing bass onstage:

"I caught a little of it on YouTube and word of mouth. I found out they were doing that reunion like everybody else did. Eddie (Van Halen) would go, 'Oh, he's playing with Sammy now.' My phone's always here. I jammed with Sammy because I wasn't asked to do the reunion."

Discussing how it got to that point:

"Why does a marriage get to a point? How come Jon and Kate plus eight? How come they're all (expletive)? After a while, it's a big corporate business. It's weird because it almost takes something like Chickenfoot to make me realize why I was playing music in the first place. And that's to have fun."

Has ever been a sit-down with Eddie Van Halen?:

"Unfortunately, with someone like him, you can't because he always has to have the last word."

Talking about the fact that only he and Hagar showed up when Van Halen was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

"That was weird. You can't put your crap aside even for one evening? At this point in my career and my life, I want to have fun. I'm not 20 years old anymore. If I was still in my 20s, I'd say, 'Bring the fight on.' But I want to hang out with people that are positive and upbeat. Sammy? You don't get much more positive than this guy."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Michael Anthony Discusses Chickenfoot And Van Halen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Anthony Discusses Chickenfoot And Van Halen   Michael Anthony Discusses Chickenfoot And Van Halen I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Hmm...he wasn't even asked to do the reunion?

Don't see why he would lie and kinda makes EVH look like a twat...which is a shame cos he always came across as an ok bloke in interviews...other than talkin about DLR!!!!

He always called MA the unsung hero and backbone of the band. I remember reading him say that MA was crutial to the sound of VH...

Wierd.
Back to top Go down

Michael Anthony Discusses Chickenfoot And Van Halen
Page 1 of 1