Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The Dark Eternal Night" Solo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-16

"The Dark Eternal Night" Solo Empty
PostSubject: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:40 pm

As I've mentioned before, I love Dream Theater, and John Petrucci is my overall favorite guitarist. This is my cover of his solo to this song from Systematic Chaos, which in my opinion is a brilliant album.

I wish I could write stuff like this guy! And I can't wait for their new album!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAonTiwWjpk

rock on
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:37 pm

RAZOR777 wrote:
As I've mentioned before, I love Dream Theater, and John Petrucci is my overall favorite guitarist. This is my cover of his solo to this song from Systematic Chaos, which in my opinion is a brilliant album.

I wish I could write stuff like this guy! And I can't wait for their new album!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAonTiwWjpk

rock on

Shit brother I swear i see smoke comin from your fingers!!!

Awesome my man, you got any more ....stick em up bro!!
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks, Man! That's one of my favorites, for sure. I'll definitely post some more stuff. . .I'm just waiting for some of the other forum members to post some videos/clips, too. . .I don't want to hog this section!

By the way, did you give me that avatar, Matty? I love it!

B
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:31 pm

RAZOR777 wrote:
Thanks, Man! That's one of my favorites, for sure. I'll definitely post some more stuff. . .I'm just waiting for some of the other forum members to post some videos/clips, too. . .I don't want to hog this section!

By the way, did you give me that avatar, Matty? I love it!

B

Yes bro, glad you like it!!

Hog this section all you want, im not too sure if any of our other members are players, so dont worry man, tear it up!! rock on

Matty.. thums up
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:28 pm

How the hell do you guys learn that shit man?? That's awesome!!!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Haha! Thanks again, 'Scope!

Let's just say that these things take time! (for me, anyway)

I'll take a song that really moves me and really dissect the hell out of the thing. I'll find a faithful transcription (or the best I can find), get any other resources I can (live videos, etc.), and then use a slow-down program to listen to every note of the solo. I always change things. . .correcting (I hope!) notes that I think are what I hear, and I always redo the fingerings, because transcriptions tend to not favor the fingerings that make the most sense. After that, it's all about getting the right techniques, timing, vibrato, and feel so that I can hopefully faithfully recreate what was done by the people that I admire so much.

Sorry, I guess that was kind of long-winded!!! Sleep Laughing

B
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:31 am

Totally jaw dropping B....

Im a player, but im nowhere near the standard your at..love it bro!! thums up

Ive been lazy over the years (as a player), should of put my head down more & practiced the things i was weak at.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RAZOR777

RAZOR777

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:50 am

Nah, Matty. Don't think of it that way. You do what you do for fun. That's all that counts. Everybody has their own goals with their instrument or other hobby, and as they say, "to each his own." It's all good.

Later, Man.

B
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:53 am

I am not a player so I can only admire from a far, but damn....

My husbands a bass player and you had him silent. My four year old ran and grabbed his guitar and wants to play like you. Thanks for the inspiration . Hog this section all you want, I for one love to watch the talent.

Hey, Adrian post something will you!

Thanks again Razor
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 am

Yeah, maybe im too hard on myself!!..Id like to be at a different level on the guitar but i lack discipline.. Embarassed

But, on the positive side...I have no trouble sitting down & playing cool riffs like "Lay it down"..Enter sandman" & "Cowboys from hell".. rock on

Too right Chrissy.....Adrain what you got bro??? thums up
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 3:18 pm

RAZOR777 wrote:

I'll take a song that really moves me and really dissect the hell out of the thing. I'll find a faithful transcription (or the best I can find), get any other resources I can (live videos, etc.), and then use a slow-down program to listen to every note of the solo. I always change things. . .correcting (I hope!) notes that I think are what I hear, and I always redo the fingerings, because transcriptions tend to not favor the fingerings that make the most sense. After that, it's all about getting the right techniques, timing, vibrato, and feel so that I can hopefully faithfully recreate what was done by the people that I admire so much.

B

That's a great explanation. One of Upscope's biggest regrets in life is that he never picked UP the guitar. When he was a kid & getting into the music he wanted one bad. Mom said sure but dad was like no fuggin' way & I going to listen to you sit around all day long & play that SICK REPULSIVE guitar!!!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:46 am

'Scope wrote:
RAZOR777 wrote:

B

That's a great explanation. One of Upscope's biggest regrets in life is that he never picked UP the guitar. When he was a kid & getting into the music he wanted one bad. Mom said sure but dad was like no fuggin' way & I going to listen to you sit around all day long & play that SICK REPULSIVE guitar!!!

'Scope

What do you wanna do with your life????............................................Scope wants to ROCK!!!! rock on

Your only 50 Scope, its never too late to take it UP!!! cheeky
Back to top Go down
Holoflash

Holoflash

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Well done bro!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo   "The Dark Eternal Night" Solo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Dark Eternal Night" Solo
Page 1 of 1