Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some old clips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Some old clips Empty
PostSubject: Some old clips   Some old clips I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey,
Haven't done much recording of late, but I figured i'd post up some of my older bits n bobs. I've been recording tracks and videos since I was about 15, but didn't think about uploading stuff to myspace and youtube till I was about 17. Originally, I recorded tracks using a Condensor mic, which I never liked. I found it made the sound very tinny, clipped and middly. I've since learnt that Dynamic mic's are really the best thing for the job and that was my mistake, but when you're young you use whatever you can get your hands on!

http://myspace.com/skezzasolo
There is two tracks on there. I do plan to get up more, very soon, with mostly my new material! Alive and Kicking was a scratch solo for a competition a while ago. Good few years or so I'd say now (maybe 2006/2007). I entered the competition late and had a day or so to get anything done. I noticed that a lot of people were doing a minute of just sweeping mentally, no music or anything. I do like sweeping and its a technique i've enjoyed for a number of years, but I also find it boring when done in that sort of monotonous way that it has become (youtube cult status haha), so I downloaded a backing track and just bashed out a solo in one for it. Didn't have time to even experiment with overdubs, EQ it, noise gate it, or clean up the obvious pickup changes that can be heard haha! Although I was able to do a nice ending harmony because I didn't want it to sound cheap lol!
The Man on the Flying Trapeze, was a piece performed by Randy Rhoads, Rudy Sarzo, Tommy Aldridge, and Don Airey on the Ozzy Osbourne Diary of a Madman tour back in 1982. I think it is one of the great instrumental pieces that has never had any real recognition! So I got a friend of mine to sort me out a drum track, which was different but felt more modern and I began recording it. It took about a month to record as I went way over the top with Synths. It was recorded around a year ago and despite the drums having far too much middle, I felt it captured the feel of the 80s, not necessarily the original Razz
You can hear a live version here

Another forum, which I use every so often runs online jams and monthly guitar competitions. One months theme was 70s, and I figured that I would use one of Ozzys songs with Sabbath. I decided to do Paranoid, but with a twist, if it can have a twist haha! Smile With this one, I essentially picked up the guitar and recorded two tracks. One was just rhythm and one was rhythm with solos. I felt it wasn't worth touching up, so I left it as it was. Its quite funny because my guitar lead cuts out on one of the tracks.

http://ultimaterhoads.com/files/paranoid_701.mp3

Finally, to finish off this messy thread Razz This is a video I recorded a few years ago but never got round to doing much with. I was a massive fan of Billy Idol (despite the black hair) and Steve Stevens and thought I'd do my own little take on it. I think I was just 16 in this one. I was using my dads Charvel Fusion.

Thanks everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Some old clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some old clips   Some old clips I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:39 am

Some really good stuff there Joe, well done mate! thums up

What guitars do you own fella? - maybe post some pics? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Skezza

Skezza

Some old clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some old clips   Some old clips I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:00 am

Thanks Matty
I currently own a USA Fender Stratocaster (2003), ESP M1, ESP Jake E. Lee Signature, Ibanez RG570, Charvel 750XL, Charvel Jake E. Lee, Hot Rodded Charvel CX291, Charvel Bass, '81 Washburn A15, '84 Schecter Genesis, and a couple of others. But the list is always changing, because I'm always buying and selling Laughing The guitar i've owned longest is by far the Ibanez RG570 which was essentially my first ever good guitar. I decided not to get rid as it was a Jap made Ib with an original Edge trem on it!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Some old clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some old clips   Some old clips I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:17 am

Thanks for sharing.

You're a natural !! cheers
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Some old clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some old clips   Some old clips I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:40 am

Thanks Marty, I appreciate it Smile Cool

I wouldn't mind being able to get a bit more of Warren DeMartini's bluesy playing into mine. I am going to do a recording of Wanted Man one of these days, but obviously thats Warrens more speedy side Smile
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Some old clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some old clips   Some old clips I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Just listened to this...better late than never as they say!

That was outstanding!!! Especially 'Alive And Kicking'...

Good going!! Very impressive...
:rockin out:
Back to top Go down
Skezza

Skezza

Some old clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some old clips   Some old clips I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:59 am

Thanks, I really appreciate the comments Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some old clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some old clips   Some old clips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some old clips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Your Noise-
Jump to: