Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Megadeth... Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth...   Megadeth... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Hey Guys,
Massive fan of Megadeth. Seen them twice and both times was blown away. They are one of the great thrash metal bands and they certainly have something about them. I'm really looking forward to their new album as well, which I believe will be released at the end of this year! Just thought I'd throw something into the mix here. Megadeth never actually down tuned, apart from Youthanasia which was in e flat Razz Very Happy So are they still heavy drop tuners, or classic rockers Surprised affraid
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Megadeth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth...   Megadeth... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:20 am

Hey Joe,

I know what you mean about the drop tune thing - their guitars have never sounded as heavy as other thrashers (even Metallica)..

Considering their history & achievements you could tag them as classic rockers! - but because of the bands sound & attitude they will always be thrash legends to me.

I just wish Dave would bring back junior Rolling Eyes ...These current line up changes are a joke No

The new album will be cool, Dave always delivers!

Good question Joe thums up

cheers

Matty rok on
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Skezza

Skezza

Number of posts : 218
Job/hobbies : University, Guitars, Football, HEAVY METAL
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Megadeth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth...   Megadeth... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:59 am

Agreed. It would be great to see them bring back Dave Junior. I know a lot of people say bring back Marty Friedman, and he is one of my favourite guitarists however, I just don't think it would work. Marty said after he left that his heart just wasn't in it, who says his heart would be in it, if they brought him back? If given the opportunity, I would have said bring back Gar Samuelson, but he sadly passed away a few years ago. One of my favourite songs to cover with my band is She-Wolf the extended with Al Pitrelli on guitar. Which is weird, because for some reason, he always seemed to leave me cold when I listened to him. Broderick has something about him, and I definitely think needs to be given at least one album to show himself. Dave thinks he has all the same assets as Jeff Young and Marty Friedman fused into one, now they're two fantastic guitarists so lets hope this guy is special Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Megadeth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth...   Megadeth... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:18 am

Megadeth = Thrash in my book.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Megadeth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth...   Megadeth... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:46 am

Skezza wrote:
Dave thinks he has all the same assets as Jeff Young and Marty Friedman fused into one, now they're two fantastic guitarists so lets hope this guy is special Cool

You know what Dave's like, he will change his mind about him when Chris leaves in 2 years!

Im a Friedman man, fabulous player!, their best stuff was done with him Wink
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Megadeth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth...   Megadeth... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:18 am

I saw them open for Motley Crue once. They're great live!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Megadeth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth...   Megadeth... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:41 am

Kerry can riff like a bitch, but Marty's the man! :guitar rock out:

Don't tell Kerry about Priest! - 3min. 27sec Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Megadeth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth...   Megadeth... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth...
Page 1 of 1