Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation Empty
PostSubject: Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation   Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:06 am

Lars Ulrich has no plans for Metallica to follow in the footsteps of U2 by signing a deal with concert promoters Live Nation - insisting the group will never "sell out".

U2 were one of the first high profile bands to sign a contract with Live Nation last year, in a $100 million deal.

The company will act as a record label for artists on its roster, including Madonna, Jay-Z and Shakira, and deal with the promotion of concerts, merchandising and sponsorship.

But Ulrich isn't keen on handing over control of his band's image to Live Nation like many of his contemporaries, insisting the company is not offering anything the rockers need.

He says, "We haven't sold out to Live Nation, and we are certainly not planning on it. And we are very, very fortunate that we do not need what they offer to continue to be who we are."

And the drummer also insists Metallica don't need the backing of a label record giant to get their records released.

He adds, "Let's cut to the chase. . . . The primary, not the only, but the primary - function of a record label is to act as a bank.

"When you're fortunate enough to be successful and so on, you don't need to rely on record companies as the banks."
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation   Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:07 am

Matty35 wrote:
Lars Ulrich has no plans for Metallica to follow in the footsteps of U2 by signing a deal with concert promoters Live Nation - insisting the group will never "sell out".

U2 were one of the first high profile bands to sign a contract with Live Nation last year, in a $100 million deal.

The company will act as a record label for artists on its roster, including Madonna, Jay-Z and Shakira, and deal with the promotion of concerts, merchandising and sponsorship.

But Ulrich isn't keen on handing over control of his band's image to Live Nation like many of his contemporaries, insisting the company is not offering anything the rockers need.

He says, "We haven't sold out to Live Nation, and we are certainly not planning on it. And we are very, very fortunate that we do not need what they offer to continue to be who we are."

And the drummer also insists Metallica don't need the backing of a label record giant to get their records released.

He adds, "Let's cut to the chase. . . . The primary, not the only, but the primary - function of a record label is to act as a bank.

"When you're fortunate enough to be successful and so on, you don't need to rely on record companies as the banks."

...because they sold out years ago!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation   Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:21 am

I can't ever get this Napster cartoon out of my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation   Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:39 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! BEER! GOOD! lol! lol! lol! lol! Too funny.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation   Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:57 am

Door...Horse...Bolted.

That simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation   Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica Won't 'Sell Out' To Live Nation
Page 1 of 1