Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" Empty
PostSubject: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:39 am

Metallica have issued the following update:

"Are you a Guitar Hero shredder? Or maybe drums are your thing ... either way, if you're ready to take on the competition and be among the first to play Guitar Hero: Metallica, here's your chance. Starting Wednesday, March 18, there will be a three day Metallica Madness tournament at the Best Buy store in Austin, TX during the South by Southwest Music Festival.

High scorers on each of the three days (one drummer and one guitarist plus a couple of runners up to make the 'elite eight') will then move on to compete Friday night at a special Guitar Hero: Metallica release party at Stubb's, also in Austin, TX. Friday night's shindig will include live music, a DJ, and we'll be hangin' there checking out your gameplay.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:41 am

Matty35 wrote:
Metallica have issued the following update:

"Are you a Guitar Hero shredder? Or maybe drums are your thing ... either way, if you're ready to take on the competition and be among the first to play Guitar Hero: Metallica, here's your chance. Starting Wednesday, March 18, there will be a three day Metallica Madness tournament at the Best Buy store in Austin, TX during the South by Southwest Music Festival.

High scorers on each of the three days (one drummer and one guitarist plus a couple of runners up to make the 'elite eight') will then move on to compete Friday night at a special Guitar Hero: Metallica release party at Stubb's, also in Austin, TX. Friday night's shindig will include live music, a DJ, and we'll be hangin' there checking out your gameplay.

I don't get this obsession with Guitar Hero/Rock band.

Why not go out there and learn to play a REAL guitar and form a REAL band?
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:01 am

I heard on Kerrang Radio yesterday Van Halen will be releasing a version of Guitar Hero. I can see why it's a popular game, but I prefer to pick up my Ibanez & play the real thing.

Good game though, my wife loves it :guitar rock out:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:06 am

Matty35 wrote:
I heard on Kerrang Radio yesterday Van Halen will be releasing a version of Guitar Hero. I can see why it's a popular game, but I prefer to pick up my Ibanez & play the real thing.

Good game though, my wife loves it :guitar rock out:

Kerrang has a radio station? Shocked

I can see the appeal, but pressing a blue/green/red/yellow button in time seems daft when you blast out a few POWER chords, which is much more satisfying!
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:54 am

My Nephew (who's 21) loves to play "Through The Fire and Flames" by DragonForce on GH III, granted it's a difficult song to play, but he rave's about the tune sayin "it's the best Metal song ever!" ...so I smacked him over the head with a fridge, told him to shut up & stole his cigarrette's & threw them over next door's garden!

Sorry, it was my duty! bat
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:56 am

How do you hit someone over the head with a fridge?
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 am

Chrissy wrote:
How do you hit someone over the head with a fridge?

You hire a crane! Wink
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:09 am

you are funny! cheesin'
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:35 am

Chrissy wrote:
you are funny! cheesin'

& very silly confused 1 :your are nuts: :jacko:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:51 am

Kiss should do one of these.

So many different guitar styles through out the history of the band that it would make it much more interesting than the versions out currently.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:23 am

Pete wrote:

So many different guitar styles through out the history of the band that it would make it much more interesting than the versions out currently.

It's only a matter of time Pete before they do. If Aerosmith can have one! Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:25 am

Matty35 wrote:
Pete wrote:

It's only a matter of time Pete before they do. If Aerosmith can have one! Wink

You say that, but if Gene is the astute business man he makes himself out to be he'd have made sure Kiss were the first band to do this and not the 51st band to do this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"   Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica gears up for release of Guitar Hero: "Metallica"
Page 1 of 1