Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open" Empty
PostSubject: Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open"   Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open" I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:18 am

Hardline was formed when brothers Johnny (vocals) and JoeyGioeli, originally from the band Brunette, teamed up with guitarist Neal Schon (Journey). Signed by MCA as soon as Schon left Bad English, with the addition of Todd Jensen (David Lee Roth, Alice Cooper) on bass and Deen Castronovo (also coming from Bad English and later on with Journey) on drums, the band went on to record their debut “Double Eclipse” for MCA in 1992 and then went on the tour circuit with such heavy hitters as Van Halen and Mr. Big. (guitar)

While never popular in the mainstream, Hardline’s album became immediately very popular among the Hard Rock fraternity and is still today regarded as one of the finest efforts of the decade. However by that time grunge and alternative styles had already taken over and Melodic Rock was being pushed aside. Tension among band members, the record company and perhaps certain egos, got in the way of an immediate follow-up album, despite the band having written more than enough material.

Years later Johnny (who in the meanwhile gathered vast recognition signing for the German axe-hero Axel Rudi Pell) and his brother Joey decided to give it another go with Hardline after the call of Frontiers Records and with an all new line-up they produced the awesome return album “II” in 2002, with Josh Ramos (of The Storm and Two Fires fame) taking Neal Schon’s place on lead guitar.

Johnny and Josh Ramos started to work on new Hardline songs in 2006. With a renewed line-up now featuring Johnny Gioeli on vocals and Josh Ramos on all guitars, with Michael T. RossJamie Brown on bass and Atma Anur on drums, Hardline are now back from where they have left off producing a killer new album “Leaving The End Open”, chock full of killer guitar riffs, amazing hooklines and heartfelt ballad sealed with Gioeli’s incredible vocals and the band’s instrumental prowess.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open"   Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:43 am

Hmm, not sure about this without N Schon but could be worth checkin out...thanx for the info!!!... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open"   Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:59 am

Their debut album was amazing but like you said without Schon Rolling Eyes thats a big hole to fill (get your mind out of the gutter Wink )

I also had the pleasure of seeing this lot with Schon back in 92/93, totally awesome that Schon fella! :jaw dropping:
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open"   Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hardline Release New Studio Album "Leaving The End Open"
Page 1 of 1