Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'

Go down 
+4
RFFB
Rev
Pete
Matty35
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

Number of posts : 1996
Job/hobbies : Chuggin On The Low E
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' Empty
PostSubject: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:05 am

Axl Rose has slammed his former Guns N' Roses bandmate Slash, branding him a "cancer better removed."

The rocker, the only remaining member of the band's original line-up, has dashed fans' hopes of a reunion with Slash and bassist Duff McKagan after lashing out at the iconic guitarist.

In an interview with AOL Music's website Spinner.com, Rose says, "I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash... In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided - and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters the better." Rose also attacked Slash's musical skills, claiming he has failed to make the most of his talent and turned into a media "whore."

He adds, "I prefer listening to others in general, especially those who both push their talents and infuse them with a level of energy that I've seldom heard in his efforts over the years. I'm not taking anything away from the man that are his to claim for his past efforts; it's just that for whatever reason for me, whether the approach, style or basic hands-on technique is there, the passion and true dedication to the art of guitar in his chosen area other than being, in my opinion, a whore for the limelight has generally seemed absent or lacking with most efforts for a long time."

oops oops oops
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalforum.forumotion.com
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:06 am

Matty35 wrote:
Axl Rose has slammed his former Guns N' Roses bandmate Slash, branding him a "cancer better removed."

The rocker, the only remaining member of the band's original line-up, has dashed fans' hopes of a reunion with Slash and bassist Duff McKagan after lashing out at the iconic guitarist.

In an interview with AOL Music's website Spinner.com, Rose says, "I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash... In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided - and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters the better." Rose also attacked Slash's musical skills, claiming he has failed to make the most of his talent and turned into a media "whore."

He adds, "I prefer listening to others in general, especially those who both push their talents and infuse them with a level of energy that I've seldom heard in his efforts over the years. I'm not taking anything away from the man that are his to claim for his past efforts; it's just that for whatever reason for me, whether the approach, style or basic hands-on technique is there, the passion and true dedication to the art of guitar in his chosen area other than being, in my opinion, a whore for the limelight has generally seemed absent or lacking with most efforts for a long time."

oops oops oops

Yeah. I just read that on Classicrockmagazine.com...

Nice of Axl..
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:10 am

Don't worry Axl...I'm sure Slash is crying in his Jack Daniels over this. :the finger:
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:14 am

Rev wrote:
Don't worry Axl...I'm sure Slash is crying in his Jack Daniels over this. :the finger:

You mean as he counts his cash?
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Number of posts : 1621
Job/hobbies : Maker of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:15 am

Pete wrote:
Rev wrote:

You mean as he counts his cash?

Exactamundo! :rolling laughter:
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:34 am

For me, Slash has his pulse on the music, Axl has a pulse in his ass! :your are nuts:
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:53 am

Axl is total utter tosser.

At least Slash has actually put his skills to use and released quite a few albums since leaving GnR...what's Axl done?
Put out one album which is average at best. 15 years in the making and that's the best he can do. Go swing on rope and :stfu: .
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:02 pm

RFFB wrote:
Axl is total utter tosser.

At least Slash has actually put his skills to use and released quite a few albums since leaving GnR...what's Axl done?
Put out one album which is average at best. 15 years in the making and that's the best he can do. Go swing on rope and :stfu: .

Can't argue with that!
Back to top Go down
Marty

Marty

Number of posts : 3056

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:39 am

Axl is good at Pissin everyone off Evil or Very Mad What the hell is wrong with him?? Seriously. scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Marty wrote:
Axl is good at Pissin everyone off Evil or Very Mad What the hell is wrong with him?? Seriously. scratch

He's a twat?
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:40 pm

His ego is bigger than his talent... lol!

he seems to have forgotten that what made GnR great was Slash, Duff n Izzy...they were the talent and the rockers. They let the music do the talkin. Axl just mouths off. Prick.
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 pm

He's a twat?[/quote]

thats funny..I haven't heard that in a long time... lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 am

Chrissy wrote:
He's a twat?

thats funny..I haven't heard that in a long time... lol![/quote]

Haven't heard what for a while? That Axl's a twat? scratch
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:55 am

someone being called that....
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:38 am

Chrissy wrote:
someone being called that....

Aah I see.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:54 am

Chrissy wrote:
He's a twat?

thats funny..I haven't heard that in a long time... lol![/quote]

Chrissy, I thought you'd got the hang of using 'quote'...what's happened!!!!!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:58 am

I'm hopeless!
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Chrissy wrote:
I'm hopeless!

Understatement!!

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:17 pm

'Scope wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
I'm hopeless!

Understatement!!

'Scope

Missed you! I think....
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 am

Chrissy wrote:
'Scope wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
I'm hopeless!

Understatement!!

'Scope

Missed you! I think....

lol! lol! lol! - Are you up & running again bro? Wink
Back to top Go down
kokeakola

kokeakola

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:49 am

Whatever that freak was TRYING to say...... Slash has done way more than Axl musically, and has much more talent to boot. Axl live sounds like a train wreck.
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:17 am

kokeakola wrote:
Whatever that freak was TRYING to say...... Slash has done way more than Axl musically, and has much more talent to boot. Axl live sounds like a train wreck.

Sum's it UP for me! thums up
Back to top Go down
'Scope

'Scope

Number of posts : 887

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:21 pm

kokeakola wrote:

If it looks like a trainwreck & sounds like a trainwreck......well......

'Scope
Back to top Go down
Matty35
Admin
Matty35

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:26 pm

'Scope wrote:
kokeakola wrote:

If it looks like a trainwreck & sounds like a trainwreck......well......

'Scope

Guns new album sucks man! bad boy - I only dig Chinese Democracy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'   Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axl Rose: 'Slash Is A Cancer'
Page 1 of 1