Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Concerts Coming Up?

Go down 
+7
Marty
laxcdn
Rev
Shelby
RAZOR777
'Scope
Matty35
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
RFFB

RFFB

Number of posts : 6436
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Roger. H wrote:
ACE FREHLEY in London. Possible meet up with Luton as a base ?? 2 spare bedrooms with no noise issues. Very Happy
Sure sounds like a great idea to me... cheer

but I'll have to look at travel arrangements as I'll be comin down from bloody Pontins .... Rolling Eyes

Don't know if any trains go from Prestatyn to Luton...especially on a freakin Sunday!! I have a feelin that could be some journey...

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 am

Then again... Wink
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:27 am

Pete's being swayed...I can see it....

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:30 am

Chrissy wrote:
Pete's being swayed...I can see it....

Wink

Just looking at traintimes...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:45 am

Presale tickets on Thursday, so you've got tomorrow to think about it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 am

Roger. H wrote:
Presale tickets on Thursday, so you've got tomorrow to think about it. Very Happy

We'll see...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:01 am

Roger. H wrote:
How do you register for this pre-sale?

I'm signed up on Ace's web site (tho I think I got 3 or 4 emails and then nothing!...thx for that... Rolling Eyes ) but I can't see any pre-sale info?

I think this will sell out real quick as the O2 Islington isn't that big, as I'm sure you know! MUST get a ticket or I will not be happy... Sad

edit!
Oh, I get it now. O2 customer presale... boooo
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:23 am

cheer Got my tickets for ACE !!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Roger. H wrote:
cheer Got my tickets for ACE !!! Very Happy Very Happy
ME TOO!!!!

My bro is on O2 so I nicked his login details and booked last night! Thx Bro!!!

Cardiff, Prestatyn(!!!!) & London! Back on the baked beans for the next 2 months... again!!!!

Roger, I've looked at the trains and gettin to Luton is real awkward. It's actually quicker, and cheaper, for me to head back to Wolves then head out again to London!!!

I know this is still a long way off, so plenty of time to sort things out.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:05 am

I think I'm gonna have to pass on this one...

Just paid £350 for a new front door,, £200 for car insurance and got a few birthday's and our wedding anniversary coming up over the next two months...

If there's still tickets in September I'll get one & join you but right now... Crying or Very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Pete wrote:

Just paid £350 for a new front door,, £200 for car insurance and got a few birthday's and our wedding anniversary coming up over the next two months...

If there's still tickets in September I'll get one & join you but right now... Crying or Very sad Sad
Are you doin any of the ACE shows????
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:21 am

RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Nope...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:18 am

Pete wrote:
RFFB wrote:
Pete wrote:

Nope...
Shocked

I know Sheppards Bush was poor but I think it was real mistake to tour the whole of Europe. He should have done selected dates only and that way more of the European nutters might have travelled over to the UK. As it was they could stay on the mainland. A half empty venue is never good and I think that affected the show, as did the late start. Having to drop 2/3 songs from the set was not great either.

Personally, the Astoria was probably my gig of that year, even more than KISS at Download. Incredible as Download was I like Ace 'cos he never sold out. He is just who he is.

If these 3 shows turn out to be poor then I would think twice about seeing him more than once on a tour, but this is ACE FREHLEY! A legend.

SCREW THE HATERS (you may know who I mean!!!), this is the guy who gave KISS a very unique style which to this day they are simply imitating.

ACE, I FUCKIN LOVE YOU!... cheer
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:30 am

:clapping:
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Gay !! banana man
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:08 am

Heard a rumour there may be a Manchester show...
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:28 am

Roger. H wrote:
Gay !! banana man
I DON'T CARE!!!!!

lol!

pete wrote:
Heard a rumour there may be a Manchester show...
Well, if there is, good cos I'll get to see one more show...

I think whoever has made these bookings has made a very good choice of choice of venues, so far. Sheppards Bush was a huge mistake, but playin Islington is a much better choice. If he can't pull in 800 people, in London, then he has a real problem.

But, tbh, playin one more date in the UK isn't a great idea. He doesn't have a big following as it is and to thin out those people who may travel to London by adding yet another date... Rolling Eyes

Great for Pete tho!!!!!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 am

Agree about too many shows, I shall only be doing the London one. I see HRH are still advertising ACE as an "exclusive " show, bet they're pissed off.
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 am

Roger. H wrote:
Agree about too many shows, I shall only be doing the London one. I see HRH are still advertising ACE as an "exclusive " show, bet they're pissed off.
I can't see Ace comin back that frequently after this and if he does I can see it bein the one London show only...so I'm just enjoying this surprise 3 shows while I can.

I thought you were heading to HRH for Dealer also? Obviously not!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:20 pm

RFFB wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

I thought you were heading to HRH for Dealer also? Obviously not!!!

I've been trying to blag a AAA pass for Dealer but (so far ) it's not forthcoming. Mad
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Hmmm, I now have my ACE tickets......................No. 6 & 7 !!! I hope he sells a few more than that !! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:17 am

Even if there was anything decent coming up I'm skint right now...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:20 am

Pete wrote:

Same here. Sad
Back to top Go down
RFFB

RFFB

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:28 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

Same here. Sad
Me too.

Had to miss MSG at Bilston last week, Rammstein is waaaaaay outta my reach. My bro is goin to M/chester tonight to see BCC and even tho I could have got a lift & stopped over at his son's gaff, £40 for a ticket is just too much.

It's got to the point where I've actually stopped lookin to see who's touring so I won't know what I've missed.

When I was a kid, in my teens, I used to get something like £10 pocket money a month. Not per week, but MONTH. And I used to see so many bands & still buy an album or 2. We talked about this when we all met up at Whitesnake. Most tickets in the 1970's - 1980's were less than £5.00. Can't recall which band it was but when I first had to pay more than £5 for a ticket I recall thinking 'That's a bit steep!'. I paid either £0.75p or £1.25 for my 1st ever ticket to see Queen in 1975.

Same with albums. I used to know the person who worked in our local record store and he told me that they tried to keep albums at £4.99 max, cos £5 was psychological barrier that they didn't want to cross. Now new CD's are like £10-£12! Which if compared to ticket prices actually aren't as bad they could be!!! But still £10+ is a 'psychological barrier' that I don't like crossing.

Like Pete posted the other day 'why is life so expensive?'
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:39 am

Saw Phil Jupitus on Saturday night doing a warm-up gig for his Edinburgh Festival show. Bit hit and miss, some bits were eye-wateringly funny and others were pretty dire. Still had a good night out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Concerts Coming Up?   Any Concerts Coming Up? - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Concerts Coming Up?
Page 13 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next