Full Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated To The Sound That Makes You Bang Your Head!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MACKIE !!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger. H

Roger. H

Number of posts : 15230
Job/hobbies : Striving for the goal.
Registration date : 2009-01-20

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am

After the sad death of my good friend Squirt I said that I didn't want another dog for a very long time.............................

Meet Mackie !! Very Happy

MACKIE !!!! Mackie10

Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 19317
Job/hobbies : Sometimes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:03 pm

cheesin'

He (?) looks lovely! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Yep, he's a he. A 7 year old Patterdale Terrier. Fully trained and we have all his history, which is unsual for a rescue dog. His owner was distraught about leaving him as they moved back to India. We have done 3 of the 4 " getting to know you " visits and we have a home check on Wednesday. He could well be with us by the weekend, if not then in a weeks time.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Roger. H wrote:
Yep, he's a he. A 7 year old Patterdale Terrier. Fully trained and we have all his history, which is unsual for a rescue dog. His owner was distraught about leaving him as they moved back to India. We have done 3 of the 4 " getting to know you " visits and we have a home check on Wednesday. He could well be with us by the weekend, if not then in a weeks time.

Cool. Roger is expecting the pitter patter of little feet!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Rolling Eyes * FACE-DESK * Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

Number of posts : 9677
Registration date : 2009-01-14

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:22 pm

He is so cute!!! and I am so happy for you. I have been following your mrs on facebook and thought this was the best news!!!
Great news for him as he gets such a fab home
Bittersweet for his previous owners but they will love to hear what a great couple he is getting
And good for you..I really believe sometimes our passed on ones send us someone new when its right...
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:18 am

Had a home visit with Mackie today and he seemed to like his new house. He even chased next doors cat away who had been making our garden its own, that showed it there's a new sheriff in town.......Good Boy Mackie !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 am

thats really sweet!! He will have that house under control in no time!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 am

I've got to raise a one side of our fence before they let him come home as the temptation of the cat might be too much for him and he'll go flying over it at the height it is at the moment. So off to the local B&Q store tomorrow for Mackie proofing surplies.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:45 am

Roger. H wrote:
I've got to raise a one side of our fence before they let him come home as the temptation of the cat might be too much for him and he'll go flying over it at the height it is at the moment. So off to the local B&Q store tomorrow for Mackie proofing surplies.

Well pensioners do get a discount on Wednesdays....MACKIE !!!! Whistle Wink
Back to top Go down
laxcdn

laxcdn

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2009-02-02

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:55 am

Very cool of you
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 am

Pete wrote:
Roger. H wrote:

Well pensioners do get a discount on Wednesdays....MACKIE !!!! Whistle Wink

:the finger:
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:53 am

Home tomorrow !!! cheer cheer cheer
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 am

Roger. H wrote:
Home tomorrow !!! cheer cheer cheer

Woof!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 am

So...how's he doing then?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:53 am

Pete wrote:

He's settled in remarkably well. Seems to realise that this is his home now, hasn't destroyed the place when he's been left when we go to work, doesn't mind going for a walk at 2.30 am, hasn't looked for an escape route from the garden, walks quite well on the lead (it'll be a few weeks before we'll trust him off the lead), sleeps well at night (no howling), knows all basic commands, eats well and doesn't mind us being around him when he's eating, clean and house trained. The only things we've seen that's on the bad side is that he's not very sociable with other dogs (that could be he's still a bit insecure or that he's on a lead and sometimes that causes a bit of tension when other dogs are off the lead) A few sessions at an obedience class shpould get him to be more sociable with other dogs. But we are still only on day four so all in all we're not doing too bad. I've had a couple of senoir moments when I've called him Squirt !! Still miss her. Sad But Mackie is a fine dog and a good addition to the Hayward home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:35 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:

He's settled in remarkably well. Seems to realise that this is his home now, hasn't destroyed the place when he's been left when we go to work, doesn't mind going for a walk at 2.30 am, hasn't looked for an escape route from the garden, walks quite well on the lead (it'll be a few weeks before we'll trust him off the lead), sleeps well at night (no howling), knows all basic commands, eats well and doesn't mind us being around him when he's eating, clean and house trained. The only things we've seen that's on the bad side is that he's not very sociable with other dogs (that could be he's still a bit insecure or that he's on a lead and sometimes that causes a bit of tension when other dogs are off the lead) A few sessions at an obedience class shpould get him to be more sociable with other dogs. But we are still only on day four so all in all we're not doing too bad. I've had a couple of senoir moments when I've called him Squirt !! Still miss her. Sad But Mackie is a fine dog and a good addition to the Hayward home. Very Happy

Excellent. He's got a good home & family there! Very Happy cheer
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:41 am

He's better trained than my kids!
That's great..Smile

You know I still find myself looking for my Freddie even though I have a Rufus now. She will always be a part of you because she was so wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:33 am

How is the little fella then?
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:48 am

Pete wrote:
He seems quite relaxed with life !!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

MACKIE !!!! 01211
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:20 am

Roger. H wrote:
Pete wrote:
He seems quite relaxed with life !!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

MACKIE !!!! 01211

If I did Facebook I would 'like' this picture. He looks very happy.
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:25 am

He was snoring like a train when the pic was taken. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Roger. H

Roger. H

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:19 am

Bit of a Jekyll and Hyde day for him yesterday. Went to the vets for his booster and kennel cough jabs. He barked the waiting room down (very embarrassing ) but was as good as gold when he was on the table getting his jabs and the squirt up the nose from the vet, strange dog. scratch 
Back to top Go down
Chrissy

Chrissy

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:09 am

He sounds like a person!!!!!!

sweet boy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MACKIE !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MACKIE !!!!   MACKIE !!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MACKIE !!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Forum :: The Topics :: Anything Goes / Whats On Your Mind-
Jump to: